New
Find
Notify
Tools

What happened
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
at Farmington today? I heard a young man driving a Chevette lost his life today in crash after the finish line.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Oh no, I sure hope you heard wrong.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You didn't hear wrong, Lucas Mckinney passed away.

Posts: 89 | Location: Inverness, Fl | Registered: November 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NortonRacing:
You didn't hear wrong, Lucas Mckinney passed away.

God Speed sir, prayers for his family.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4481 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear.
Prayers for the family.

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. Its a pretty good track so I wonder what happened.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Fern so as to not cause an uproar, I’m pming you what the rumor mill is saying.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Very sad,prayers for the family.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Prayers for his family and friends. God's Speed fellow racer.

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
PM back Ed

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Back to you

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
So sorry to hear.
Prayers for the family.

Like.

RIP Sir.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Damnit, hate to hear this! Godspeed young man, Godspeed.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5300 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Godspeed young man..

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Dam hate to hear this. Anyone know what happen???

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1390 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
So sorry. May God comfort his family in there time of need.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Very tragic and sad.

What happened?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Tragic loss and much too young. I have never met him but those who did said he was really good kid.

I hope we learn what happened and can maybe prevent it from happening again. I hope that does not sound bad but we all need to learn and be careful.

I am a firm believer in things like multiple throttle return springs because if they break it goes wide open. Things like know what to do in an emergency. What if a rock or something sticks in throttle blades? Can you get it shut down under power? Kill ignition, cut fuel, throw out parachute, if that does not do it push it up in neutral and let motor go. Hope rev limiter stops it but even if it blows motor better than crashing car. Be able to do it in a fire at night and at 150 MPH.
ALWAYS RUN A DIAPER! Wear your safety equipment.

I have no idea what happened and will not speculate but I do hope we learn what happened and can prevent it from happening again.

May he Rest In Peace and his family find consolation.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3997 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
As curly mentioned, I just want to know if whatever happened can be resolved/mitigated by some sort of safety device.

Thank You

Posts: 497 | Location: N/A | Registered: December 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post