Tools

Pit accident
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I started all tracks were 1/4 and everyone walked.

And racing was more fun, everybody was in better physical condition, and nobody b!tched about how hot it was.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
quote:
I started all tracks were 1/4 and everyone walked.

And racing was more fun, everybody was in better physical condition, and nobody b!tched about how hot it was.

I have never had more fun racing than now

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Steve,
That is how it is suppose to work with the race insurance. The track insurance is "Excess Coverage not Primary. If you have a $5000 deductible they usually cover that as "excess" that isn;t covered by your personal insurance. Goes for co-pays, etc.

I must admit, reading the posts above about golf carts. I think everyone knows they are getting a bit out of control, harder to dodge the kids driving them listening to headphones that about anything else at the track. It's on the parents, either teach them how to drive with respect to the race cars and others or get off the "rolling babysitter". JMO

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
Steve,
That is how it is suppose to work with the race insurance. The track insurance is "Excess Coverage not Primary. If you have a $5000 deductible they usually cover that as "excess" that isn;t covered by your personal insurance. Goes for co-pays, etc.

I must admit, reading the posts above about golf carts. I think everyone knows they are getting a bit out of control, harder to dodge the kids driving them listening to headphones that about anything else at the track. It's on the parents, either teach them how to drive with respect to the race cars and others or get off the "rolling babysitter". JMO

Bingo! Instead of taking what is a really useful tool away from everyone.....enforce the rules that just about every track has! Under a certain age and no pit vehicle driving. Period.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
The parents have proven they will not control their kids, and the race track owners and promoters have proven they will take no action against the offenders.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
The parents have proven they will not control their kids, and the race track owners and promoters have proven they will take no action against the offenders.

What do you suggest? More rules that won't be enforced?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
The RACERS have proven they will not control their kids, and the race track owners and promoters have proven they will take no action against the offenders.

There I fixed it for you. Big Grin

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
someone might get their feelings bruised if they actually had to follow any rules at a racetrack much less look after their snotty nose younguns.

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I was at Norwalk years ago when they impounded any golf cart, scooter, ATV, etc that was found to be operated by someone without a drivers license. The only way to get it back was the end of the race or leave the track. Had a sheriff deputy riding the pits checking. Also at Carolina dragway at bracket finals one year if someone under age was stopped riding in the pits their team had 1 point deducted from their team total. In each case it helped.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Our local track charges $20 per 4 wheeler at the gate.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
I was involved in a pit accident last Saturday at Bradenton. I had slowed to turn left into my pit area when a younger fella and his pal passed me on the left in a golf cart. All of a sudden he was there and I was on the ground with my scooter at my feet. It really rung my bell.
I ride that scooter 10 or 15 mph which is fast enough to get anywhere but, not fast enough for this punk. Witnesses said he was hauling ask down the road and I had no chance even if I’d seen him. Did almost no damage to the bike but scraped me up pretty good. The shoulder I landed on I could sleep on that night and my neck is just now becoming painless. I didn’t say much to the guy but one of this witnesses tore a few strips off his ask.

I’m good enough that I can fly two lessons on Thursday whereas I didn’t think I was going to be able.

We have to slow down in the pits if we’re in a pit vehicle or a race car.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
What is it going to take. I saw one get killed on an ATV at the track years ago and this recklessness continues---hope you mend quick

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about this, it seems like the younger generation does not know the rules of the road. who passes on the left, this is on going problem in the pits.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nomad:
I was involved in a pit accident last Saturday at Bradenton. I had slowed to turn left into my pit area when a younger fella and his pal passed me on the left in a golf cart. All of a sudden he was there and I was on the ground with my scooter at my feet. It really rung my bell.
I ride that scooter 10 or 15 mph which is fast enough to get anywhere but, not fast enough for this punk. Witnesses said he was hauling ask down the road and I had no chance even if I’d seen him. Did almost no damage to the bike but scraped me up pretty good. The shoulder I landed on I could sleep on that night and my neck is just now becoming painless. I didn’t say much to the guy but one of this witnesses tore a few strips off his ask.

I’m good enough that I can fly two lessons on Thursday whereas I didn’t think I was going to be able.

Jesus Bruce! Glad you are ok.
Pits / return road are an accident waiting to happen.
Bill, buddy who crewed fir Bobby Ray had the same thing! Kid took him out when Billy was coming down the return road Sonoma. 6 weeks later walking and 6 mos off work! It was bad!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4504 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
I’m lucky. It could have been worse. Lucky I didn’t have any broken bones as we older guys don’t heal as quickly as we did.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
quote:

Jesus Bruce! Glad you are ok.
Pits / return road are an accident waiting to happen.
Bill, buddy who crewed fir Bobby Ray had the same thing! Kid took him out when Billy was coming down the return road Sonoma. 6 weeks later walking and 6 mos off work! It was bad!

Way too many underaged kids driving too fast with zero regard for their surroundings.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
And their parents?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
And their parents?

Yeah them too...lol.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Damn. Glad you are ok. Another good reason for no underaged kids driving in the pits.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

I had same thing happen probably ten years ago at Halloween classic at norwalk but I was on golf car and kid was on old 70 something 100 in the rain, he hit me so hard he bent the forks back on the bike.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post