New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pit accident
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
So Kevins 1 of a kind Luv truck is tore up, he has a broken leg at least and someone turns this thread in to something about an accident that happened a long time ago and should have woke up track management. Hope Keven is OK and his truck is savable.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
In the pic I do see a stop sign knocked down behind the truck. If memory serves me there are stop signs at every cross.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4504 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Has it been determined who was at fault?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Don’t think so -at least not in print.
Sucks on both sides.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4504 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
quote:
Id assume there was some injuries after.

Don't know about any personal injuries but can say that the Hemi SS was mortally wounded.

Bob

Hope he had good insurance!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What Hemi SS. Name of owner?

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Unless driving reckless or excess speed a driven racecar has right of way over everything else.

BTW: there were no stop signs in either direction at that intersection.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Unless driving reckless or excess speed a driven racecar has right of way over everything else.

BTW: there were no stop signs in either direction at that intersection.

There absolutley is a stop sign.... There is a stop sign to cross over that intersection going in or out of the gate.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
After the crash I didn't see a stop sign either direction. But if there was one at that intersection for people coming into the pits through the main gate, the lady should have stopped then. She obviously didn't......She also should have yielded to the moving racecar.
Don't know if it matters anyway, but the lady was at fault. At least in my opinion. For whatever that's worth lol.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Dave the truck was leaving the pits, young guy driving. Normally there is someone directing traffic at that intersection.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I never saw any stop signs. Very dark and Luv pickup was black. Perfect storm?

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
What Hemi SS. Name of owner?

Pretty sure it was Eric Bell car years ago.
Darren Smith car was aluminum front end car.

Raceless in California!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected. There is a stop sign on the ground behind the white pickup.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

Look behind the truck on the ground
That is a stop sign.

Raceless in California!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
quote:

That is a stop sign.

Probably why I didn't see a sign....

Dave

F J B

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
They will never seek "who is at fault", they, the insurance company for the track. wants to get settled, period.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
quote:

That is a stop sign.

Probably why I didn't see a sign....

Dave, I didn’t see it till I zoomed in. Sending you a pm

Raceless in California!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I guess the question is: was the sign upright or laying down when the accident happened?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I bet the tracks insurance Carrier will deny the claim. Especially if the white pickup trucks owner had insurance. One other thing, both people signed a waiver to NOT hold the track responsible.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
I bet the tracks insurance Carrier will deny the claim. Especially if the white pickup trucks owner had insurance. One other thing, both people signed a waiver to NOT hold the track responsible.

The waiver isn't worth the paper it is written on.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 741 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post