DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Crosstalk.... explaination please.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crosstalk.... explaination please.
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I have always been a (deep stage) footbraker. Never raced in the box class before. This weekend is a race that will merge FB with box in 3rd or 4th round. I have been under the impression that a deep stager would not be allowed under BOX rules. True? or not? So, say (ME) the right lane is dialed 7.00 and my opponent (left lane) is dialed 5.00. I'm deepstaged and ready. The tree starts and BOTH (right and left) top bulbs go on together. Left lane top bulb STAYS on but MY side bulbs will proceed as usual???? My TOP BULB goes out in the normal manner?
If I happen to race someone dialed SLOWER than me, then I need to put the letter "N" on my window to tell the tower I don't want crosstalk?

Posts: 80 | Location: Mooresville, nc | Registered: October 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Cross talk is only used in top bulb class. Not used for bottom bulb like no box. No need to worry nothing different than what a normal bottom bulb race looks like.

Posts: 493 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You can deep stage. However, the starter is not supposed to hold the tree for you. If the starter holds the auto start the bottom of the ticket will say “staged at starter go”

If you are slower nothing to worry about. If you happen to be faster you need the letter N to signal you don’t want cross talk. I would also communicate with the person at the head is staging to radio the tower that you do not want cross talk if you are the faster car that round

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Once the race is combined, just put the N on your window for the rest of the night. At least around here, your dial-in on the scoreboard will have a minus sign (-) in front of it so you’ll know if CrossTalk is disabled.

Around here, lots of racers run Super Pro without a box and use the N with no issue.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Different tracks different things can happen.
If crosstalk is on the top bulb might stay on in both lanes as your tree drops. it's distracting if you're not ready for it when you're the slow car and bottom bulbing. Some tracks don't turn off crosstalk you have to find out before the race starts. You also have to know beforehand how they are going to handle deep and autostart. Be aware of the backing up dragsters that stop in prestage or pre stage quick. Pro cars are not going to like deep staging.
Find out all of this from the tower before you get in the race.

Posts: 1456 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
From our local racetrack.

quote:
A driver (if he is the quicker of the pair) may cancel the CrossTalk function by including the letter “N” after the last digit of
their dial-in. For example, a dial-in of 7.85N would cancel CrossTalk for that pair of cars if the 7.85 was the fastest dial-in. If
you have the letter “N” after your dial to indicate you do not want Crosstalk activated in your lane, make sure you see the
dash in front of your dial-in on the scoreboards before you stage.
If there is no dash in front of your dial-in on the scoreboards,
then the clock operator did not see the “N” after your dial or you have it placed elsewhere on your window.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
And st least around here adding the N only works for the faster car since the faster car is the one who would be crossing over.

Posts: 493 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If they are using Crosstalk and not honoring the "N", just make sure you are dialed slower than your competitor.

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
If they are using Crosstalk and not honoring the "N", just make sure you are dialed slower than your competitor.

I got burned on this a few weeks ago. They weren't honoring the N.... still my fault for missing the light but the pause didn't help.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
From our local racetrack.

quote:
A driver (if he is the quicker of the pair) may cancel the CrossTalk function by including the letter “N” after the last digit of
their dial-in. For example, a dial-in of 7.85N would cancel CrossTalk for that pair of cars if the 7.85 was the fastest dial-in. If
you have the letter “N” after your dial to indicate you do not want Crosstalk activated in your lane, make sure you see the
dash in front of your dial-in on the scoreboards before you stage.
If there is no dash in front of your dial-in on the scoreboards,
then the clock operator did not see the “N” after your dial or you have it placed elsewhere on your window.

This issue came up 3rd round of motorcycle eliminations at the D1 bracket finals 2 weeks ago. Guy had an N on the bike but there was no dash on the dial in board. He lost the round and parked his bike in the middle of the return road and ran up into the tower. A few minutes later the division director came down personally and told the winner he had to rerun because the tower missed the N.

It was a bad call. When the rider staged with no dash on the board he owned it, just like if the dial in is wrong.

The outcome of the rerun was the same thankfully. My buddy was in the other lane and went on to win the event. We’re going to Vegas!

Posts: 713 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post