DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Coach Net save me over 6 Grand
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coach Net save me over 6 Grand
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted
My motor home broke down on Tues night on the way to Redding, CA for a bracket race. This is a 40' MH and 32 trailer so they sent a Low boy for the MH and a wrecker to tow the trailer. The charge was over $6000 and Coach Net covered it all, best $249 per year I've ever spent.

Posts: 632 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I have done some work for them in the past.Reliable Corp. BTW, what happen with the coach?

Posts: 1408 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have the Good Sam platinum. They claim the save service. I sure hope so!!!!

Hopefully someone can confirm that with actual breakdown experience. I think I paid $229....

BG

Posts: 758 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
It appears to be ECM on the Cat C9. We were hoping it was just IAP sensor but it's not. It stuttered like 3 times then check engine and shut down. The shop went through harness checks etc and everything points to ECM. It threw codes for all 6 injectors along with some others.

Posts: 632 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I’ve heard good an bad about CoachNet…obviously yours was good…

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Tony, great to hear. Think I’ll be switching to Coach Net from Good Sam.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Tony did you at least get someone to help get your trailer to the track?

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
Tony did you at least get someone to help get your trailer to the track?

Nero and Sandy came down to Sutherlin to get us and the trailer. I brought my trailer home with Paul's truck.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
I’ve heard good an bad about CoachNet…obviously yours was good…

That's funny because I got Coach Net on your recommedation....

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Tony, great to hear. Think I’ll be switching to Coach Net from Good Sam.

I've never had Good Sam towing but Coach Net was constantly checking in to make sure we were OK, status of the tow truck etc. I was very impressed by them.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
If and when you get it back. Ask specifically what the warranty is on the new or reman ECM.

Get it home.. Open the battery compartment and "Closely" examine "All" electrical connections. Even a tug test on the connectors . There may be ECM fuses in that area that powers up the ECM on the injector side. The importance of maintenance
in this area is critical.

I can't even tell you how many calls i get where as the ECM fuse blows in this area. If in fact it is located there. Same with the class 8 trucks.

Posts: 1408 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Think I may switch next year. Appreciate the recommendation.

BG

Posts: 758 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have Coach Net and have been satisfied with the service. Had Good Sam but they turned it over to All State, I think, and it went to the sewer. I like the way they hauled your unit.

Posts: 6197 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
what TD3550 said .... lots of shops have no isea there is a single fuse in the engine compartment.

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
what TD3550 said .... lots of shops have no isea there is a single fuse in the engine compartment.

I lucked out with a great shop and that is one of the first things they checked.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
If and when you get it back. Ask specifically what the warranty is on the new or reman ECM.

Get it home.. Open the battery compartment and "Closely" examine "All" electrical connections. Even a tug test on the connectors . There may be ECM fuses in that area that powers up the ECM on the injector side. The importance of maintenance
in this area is critical.

I can't even tell you how many calls i get where as the ECM fuse blows in this area. If in fact it is located there. Same with the class 8 trucks.

The shop did that as the very first thing. I broke down on Tues night and it was hot out, while waiting for the tow the next morning and 52 deg wesather I tried to start it and it fired right up. It ran totally normal for about 10 minutes then shut off like I turned the key off.

It did the same exact thing the next morning. The tech was hooked up to it and no codes but when we tried to re-start it, we got codes on all 6 injectors along high oil pressure warning and baro code.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Curious. The injector codes weren't 72/73/74 of what you recall? When active?
In a lot of instances where it is repetitive and constant on the above numbers, The injector driver
module located inside the ECM is at fault.

Part of the ECM. Specif high voltage/low voltage errors.

This module is what converts DC to AC and powers the injectors.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
Curious. The injector codes weren't 72/73/74 of what you recall? When active?
In a lot of instances where it is repetitive and constant on the above numbers, The injector driver
module located inside the ECM is at fault.

Part of the ECM. Specif high voltage/low voltage errors.

This module is what converts DC to AC and powers the injectors.

Yes that is what they were and that is exactly what the tech said as well.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I had an ecm go out in a 3126 last summer. Towed from MO to northern illinois. And to my astonishment.......Progressive paid for it.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6354 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post