DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Lights Out & Donald Long
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lights Out & Donald Long
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I wasn't going to even make a post on here about this clown. this is not about him running his mouth to spectators, drivers, crew etc about doing live videos or the whole "SpeedVideo deal". I was just on Facebook and came across a live video from today (Wednesday Feb 12,) where he was bad mothing local police. I wont go into detail I'm sure you can find it yourself. (beware strong language and very disrespectful comments) I always knew that this guy thought his "sh*t don't stink". but this straw broke the camels back. anybody that supports and/or agrees with what this nutjob says is dumb as a box of rocks. its quite pathetic because I truly believe (or did now) this guy was a great promoter.

J.K. Hodges

Posts: 45 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: June 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Link?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Link?
Jeff Miles shared it on his page

J.K. Hodges

Posts: 45 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: June 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Some years ago I raced an index class at this event...first round was on Saturday which I won...he decided to finish us on Sunday...no problem except it poured rain on Sunday...they called the race for Sunday and I went to the tower for my split...donald decided to run us on Monday...I got into it with him telling him it was not printed or spoken anywhere to do that and he should never change the rules in mid race...

He told me to go fark myself, it was his event and he could do what he wanted...there were about 20 winners from the first round and I think 10 showed up Monday...I had to leave since I had work on Monday...I have never been back to any of his events and never will...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
all he had to do was say hey guys speed trap at exit 32 when you get off interstate. be careful.

ep

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
And people let him get their money? Choices people, pure choices...

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
And people let him get their money? Choices people, pure choices...

Not me.

He's always been pretty much a DB, just showing his true colors here.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Dude single handily killed his racing series with a single post on facebook... Goodluck finding Sponsors willing to sign on after that.. What a F'in moron...

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1394 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Some village is missing their idiot.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Sounds like threatening a police officer to me. Wonder what they’d say or do if that was shared with Cecil police department. Maybe they’d lock his ass up and teach him some manners

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sully3358
posted Hide Post
Not sure how anyone could give this guy their hard earned money.

Posts: 183 | Location: IL | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The track I raced in Clearwater Florida would have 100 plus Super Pro cars in the lanes EVERY Friday night just about year round when they operated under a no rain out policy.

That's why people drive from far and wide, the same as they did every Friday under a no rain out policy at our local in Clearwater Fl.

That's why Fuzzy didn't get a split, no rain outs. No cancellations, no cutting the purse.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you're trying to stifle you're own freedom of speech or in other words be politically correct, those aren't the type things to say. Translated I think it means slow down, do the speed limit we have a couple Nazi's who's idea of protect and serve, is to bust the chops of every racer who has just driven thousands of miles, by handing them a citation for 6 mph over the speed limit.

Ya'll heard what Adam Carrolla has to say about woke people (sjw) and politically correct speech? Pretty interesting perseptive.

https://youtu.be/kdZV30zVKEY

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
The track I raced in Clearwater Florida would have 100 plus Super Pro cars in the lanes EVERY Friday night just about year round when they operated under a no rain out policy.

That's why people drive from far and wide, the same as they did every Friday under a no rain out policy at our local in Clearwater Fl.

That's why Fuzzy didn't get a split, no rain outs. No cancellations, no cutting the purse.

I have no problem with a no rain out policy....but in my case there was no such policy...if he had advertised monday as the rain date, so be it...making a snap decision after the fact is a horrible idea...btw, I asked him to call a drivers meeting and let us decide what to do and he refused that as well...tell me upfront and I am good...otherwise...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
quote:

I have no problem with a no rain out policy....but in my case there was no such policy...if he had advertised monday as the rain date, so be it...making a snap decision after the fact is a horrible idea...btw, I asked him to call a drivers meeting and let us decide what to do and he refused that as well...tell me upfront and I am good...otherwise...

I'm not taking sides, I'm completely unbiased. I'm just telling ya, you could have every racer vote to split the money and it wouldn't matter. There's no rain outs, no cancellations and no cutting the purse no matter if only one car per class show up for the race.

If everyone left and one racer stays, he's the winner.

I'm being objective, that's how it is. Not taking sides.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If you're trying to stifle you're own freedom of speech or in other words be politically correct, those aren't the type things to say. Translated I think it means slow down, do the speed limit we have a couple Nazi's who's idea of protect and serve, is to bust the chops of every racer who has just driven thousands of miles, by handing them a citation for 6 mph over the speed limit.

Ya'll heard what Adam Carrolla has to say about woke people (sjw) and politically correct speech? Pretty interesting perseptive.

You make a good point.

I think there are times that people may say things when they are mad and I guess that's why Mr. Long took his rant down.

I wonder if someone from, lets say Texas, not only gets stopped for going over the speed limit but also gets hassled or gets a ticket for not having the proper permits for driving their rig in that state, would they have a few choice words about that sheriff?

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
quote:
quote:

You make a good point.

I think there are times that people may say things when they are mad and I guess that's why Mr. Long took his rant down.

I wonder if someone from, lets say Texas, not only gets stopped for going over the speed limit but also gets hassled or gets a ticket for not having the proper permits for driving their rig in that state, would they have a few choice words about that sheriff?

The police are public servants not royalty. They're there to protect and serve. We've all encountered Police we come away from encounters thinking we're in good company, reasonable officers of the law, and in some cases the opposite. Officers not of the law there to protect and serve but there to inflict pain and suffering, over trivial matters. Sadly you rarely ever hear about the good police work within a community. Apparently the promoter believes there is bad police work going on in the vicinity of the racetrack, so we're hearing about it, no big deal. People are free to voice objections, that's freedom.

If you take another mans speech away, his means of communicating his objections, you also take your own away.

It's the SJW woke people who blow things out of proportion. This is just a matter of free speech. It's easy to be pretentious on social matters but being politically correct only censors out objections / speech which can lead to progress.

It must be difficult for those who take authority as the Truth, rather than Truth as the Authority. Just because someone has a position of Authority doesn't make them right, or above the Law.

The promoter is now instructing his participants to bypass the exit of the town in question, in order to avoid any conflict or hassles.

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I am all for freedom of speech but there are some things that cross the line notwithstanding the law...crying fire in a movie theater or burning the flag for instance...calling for anyone's death may be legal but it is wrong...the guy's ego clearly took ever...money warps some folks and he is one...

As to the rain out stuff, again, if it was posted anywhere on the flyer or even told to us at the gate when we paid, I am fine...don't spring it on us out of the blue is all I am saying...this goes to his ego again...btw, he admitted he made a mistake a couple of months later on FB...we are good, Mike...