Find
Notify
Tools

Legal question
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David_D.
posted
Not sure if anyone in here can help, but it's worth a shot.

My wife and three of her friends own a scrapbook show company. They leased some mobile pay machines for their event and shipped the units back per the contract to the shipping address on the contract. Turns out that the company who leased the units actually moved locations and never notified my wife's company of the address change. Needless to say, the company never received the units as they were delivered by UPS to the address on the contract. Since the lease company had access to my wife's company account, they took over $6500 from them before the account was closed to prevent further loss. The lease company is threatening to send them to collections because they never received the units. Turns out the units are at the UPS shipping center waiting for pick up, however the lease company isn't aware of that as of yet.

Is my wife's company liable even though the lease contract listed an inaccurate shipping address?

David Deming
1974 Chevy Nova Custom Hatchback
Horsepower Innovations E85 Carb

Posts: 325 | Location: Nampa, ID | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The first "Go TO" would be the banking institution that is handling these transactions.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David_D.
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike, it appears they have settled the matter. Appreciate your response.

David Deming
1974 Chevy Nova Custom Hatchback
Horsepower Innovations E85 Carb

Posts: 325 | Location: Nampa, ID | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Lawyer time

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post