DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Southeast Gassers on Discovery tonight.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Southeast Gassers on Discovery tonight.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
http://competitionplus.com/dra...broadcast-wed-feb-27

Don't be confused, if you look for it. It is going to be part of their "Moonshiners: Half ****ed, Full Throttle" program. 9:00PM- 11:02PM here on the right hand coast. There is a second showing at midnight to 2:02AM. That is the one I have set on my DVR. Probably have to fast forward through a bunch of other stuff, but still... Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
I have watched about half of the show and have not seen the first gasser!

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
They had the Gassers on at 10. I watched and it was OK. Not the best show but there was nothing else on. I've seen their show live and it's a great event. They used to come to Knoxville and run during a bracket race when they first started. Now they are large enough to be a complete show at the track they're at. They've got a lot of dates booked at different tracks so I might have to go see them again.

Posts: 1456 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
They are coming to my home track this summer and i hope i can get to see them.

Posts: 33 | Location: waverly tn | Registered: February 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
They are a lot better in person than they were on that show. Pretty lame. Their safety clothes is non existent.

Posts: 73 | Location: sand point, mi | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Watched the entire moonshiners episode that was on prior to this race. Got to see a lot of nice areas with no people, and seemingly, no rules...... Wink

The drag race was certainly different to watch, cute little track. Is that a typical track down there?

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Yes..and some of the baddest around....

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Moonshiners is one of the shows I enjoy watching.. Mark and Digger kill me most times...

Surprized about the Gassers and enjoyed what they showed..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3306 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
Watched the entire moonshiners episode that was on prior to this race. Got to see a lot of nice areas with no people, and seemingly, no rules...... Wink

The drag race was certainly different to watch, cute little track. Is that a typical track down there?

The moonshiners part, some of it is filmed near me.
As far as that track goes that's Carolina Dragway, down here that's a top notch facility.

Posts: 1456 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Just watched it (DVR). Seemed mighty weird how many times the guy kept saying he was in North Carolina. Carolina Dragway is in South Carolina. What? He didn't even know what state he was in?! Show seems OK to me, for entertainment value. And it sure wasn't promoting street racing, so that was a big plus for me. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I think the confusion was that they kept showing clips that were filmed at shadyside dragway which is in NC. Doesnt really make sense why they mixed footage from two very different tracks and try to play it off as the same facility. Still thats a pretty major screw up to get the state completely wrong.

Posts: 7 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That must be one of the tracks where the guys race the 7 second (1/4 mile) dragsters in T shirts and shorts.
That show was a disgrace to what most of us call drag racing.

Posts: 109 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I wish they would show E.T.s

Posts: 8 | Location: cheboygan | Registered: January 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tonycpe:
I wish they would show E.T.s

Extrapolating from the mphs they did show us, I would guess high 5s and low 6s in the eighth mile. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
The A/G cars are high 5's i the 1/8th, or used to be a couple of years ago. They have a lot more cars then they showed and it's growing every year. They're running a few classes and have some great back up girls.
I noticed him saying NC and also noticed the tree and track was different in a few scenes. Shadyside has become a favorite track of theirs and I think they go there 2x a year still. Great little outlaw track.

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
I thought it was just me, thought there were two different tracks. Some shots had a Pro Tree, most had a Sportsman Tree. Do they actually leave on the green light?

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post