DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    How much does it cost to have an ambulance on site??
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much does it cost to have an ambulance on site??
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
The biggest risk at the dragstrip isn't necessarily on the track. I've seen people injured in the pits over the years quite often.

Last year at a Divisional race,I saw a friend of mine at fuel check.His fuel passed,he walked away and tripped over something.He was bleeding pretty bad from his head,but the ambulance crew was there in just a few moments.Took good care of him and to the hospital for observation.

Of the claims to insurance, and need for an ambulance crew, the vast majority are for spectator related injuries on the grounds, and of course a few of the professional slip and fall types who are looking for a payoff.

We had the non-transport ambulance, stocked properly with the supplies for our EMT's, a dedicated fire suppression vehicle, and a strict adherence to the required and common sense practices, bleacher inspections, etc.

There's a name for the class of ambulance that has the basic life saving and triage, different deal for transporting victims.

I think we had just one transport during my 10 years, motorcycle racer got squirrely off the line and broke his lower leg.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1662 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I believe that if any of us call 911 for a highway accident, accident or medical emergency at our home, whatever, the first responders are EMT's riding a firetruck. Only if the EMT's determine that someone needs transport to a hospital is an ambulance then summoned.

If a trained EMT is on site with the proper equipment (including fire fighting) as described above by Goob, that might have to suffice if we want bracket racing to remain financially viable for track owners.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
I believe that if any of us call 911 for a highway accident, accident or medical emergency at our home, whatever, the first responders are EMT's riding a firetruck. Only if the EMT's determine that someone needs transport to a hospital is an ambulance then summoned.

If a trained EMT is on site with the proper equipment (including fire fighting) as described above by Goob, that might have to suffice if we want bracket racing to remain financially viable for track owners.

We had several men on the staff S.F.I. trained in incident response, extraction, and fire suppression. Rod and his wife, from NHRA Safety led the training.
Very informative.

Without race tracks, it could easily happen on some dark country road and help could be hours from arriving. Something is better than nothing.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1662 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post