New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fox Sports & NHRA
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
NHRA just signed a huge multi-year extension with Fox Sports. NHRA ain't going out of business anytime soon!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Better tell Ed

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey Ed.............

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Lucky Scott Hudson
posted Hide Post
Aint no use telling him, he won't listen anyway.

Posts: 1199 | Location: So Cal | Registered: March 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The piano player, played on as the Titanic went down.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
for the clueless here that think they know...

quote:
Originally posted September 09, 2020 08:23 PM by 1320racer:
The NHRA isn't going out of business anytime soon, nor are they going to change their business model, nor are they going to increase the payouts to sportsman racers, nor are they going to bring back 1/4 mile racing for the fuel cars and nearly 900 cars/racers will be at the US Nationals again next year.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ed I simply said NHRA signed a deal with Fox Sports and that's a indication that NHRA won't be going out of business which you implied. Ed you are a lot of work!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong I never implied or stated that the NHRA was going out of business anything soon as my post on 9/9/20 states clearly.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Larry, it's a losing battle with Ed. he thinks he knows everything but he doesn't know shyt except what everyone reads also.
I don't know how big he is but he must be about 5'0 or 5'1" because he sure has a short man's disease. Always trying to compensate.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
says the drunk loser ^^^ and without question know more than you, a senile old man.

What part of the truth and the facts don't you like?

quote:
Originally posted September 09, 2020 08:23 PM by 1320racer:
The NHRA isn't going out of business anytime soon, nor are they going to change their business model, nor are they going to increase the payouts to sportsman racers, nor are they going to bring back 1/4 mile racing for the fuel cars and nearly 900 cars/racers will be at the US Nationals again next year.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Wonder how much the NHRA had to pay Fox?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Ed,
You gotta get some new material. I'm sure somewhere in your short mans handbook there will be some things you can bring to the table. Maybe if you just shorten your avatar a little to match your stature.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bender, who cares.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Bender, who cares.

I would say the pro teams who just had their purses reduced, among others

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You would say but really have no idea but your question will get answered next week

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
As a member of NHRA,I would just like to know if FOX pays NHRA for the rights and,if so,how much.

"Terms of the agreement were not disclosed."

Every year Fox, CBS and NBC collectively pay the NFL $3 billion for the rights to broadcast the league's games.

Maybe NHRA is worth more?? Big Grin

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I don't know for sure but everything I've always heard is that NHRA has to pay Fox to broadcast.......

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
They do pay Fox to broadcast but they get the revenue from advertising.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
As a member of NHRA,I would just like to know if FOX pays NHRA for the rights and,if so,how much.

"Terms of the agreement were not disclosed."

Every year Fox, CBS and NBC collectively pay the NFL $3 billion for the rights to broadcast the league's games.

Maybe NHRA is worth more?? Big Grin

Well the NFL ratings are taking a hit so the value of the TV rights may be coming down some there. The advertisers are paying to put their products in front of X Million people and if that number drops.......

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4011 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If we all listened to Ed then NHRA would have already ended the season. Lets not forget all those comments a few months back he made when he supposedly had "INFO FROM HIS BUDDIES AT NHRA". All those things he said would happen by a specific time but still have not.

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post