DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Breaking News ED, Camping World coming to NHRA?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breaking News ED, Camping World coming to NHRA?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted
Camping World taking the place of Coke, hmmm. Maybe something will happen. 4 other primary sponsors also on deck to step up.

Probably not going to save the National in Vegas, as it is slated to be cancelled.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Da Shoe,

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I like to camp

ep-more power to them

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Spend their money. They aren't getting mine, but their sponsorship money is green.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6381 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sammy christian
posted Hide Post
another liberal run corporation.
probably a good fit for the failing, delusional NHRA.

6.41@221 (so far)
4.11@178
off the shelf/built it myself

Posts: 81 | Location: Amherst, Ny | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Liberal money spends just as good as any other!

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Liberal money spends just as good as any other!

Nothing like funding the filet knife that stabs you in the back.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Marcus Lemonus, I think he still owns camping world, aint that dumb I don't think. But he does sponsor those NASCAR trucks.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good move considering 90% of racers have a motorhome and camp at the National events. I spent my $$$ at Camping World on occasions.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1006 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
The guy that told Trump supporters that he did not want their business.....

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mitch H:

I was thinking the same thing, there is an awful lot of Trump supporters in drag racing

Either way I will look at it as something positive unless Camping world is looking to get something for nothing.

My son looked it up, their deal with the NASCAR Truck series is only for 5 million a year, Coke was paying 5.7 mil to NHRA

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I would guess Campong World, if they get involved. will be a couple million to start. NHRA will keep Pro purses low and reduce number of events.
Just a guess but without 5-6 million $, their program shrinks a lot and you will likely see a new Board of Directors at NHRA (OK, that's dreaming!!)

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
They have the money and might be a good marketing play for them.

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
Camping World probably made some good money during the pandemic so they are probably more in line to sponsor.

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Announcement next week according to Jenna Fryer on Twitter

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Announcement next week according to Jenna Fryer on Twitter

Cant be true because ED didnt say it. “ posted September 23, 2020 07:31 PM
It’s not maybe 4, it’s 3, the agreement is in place and I didn’t say camping world. My source knows without question.”

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I didn’t mean to cut in on Ed. I’ll wait for his announcement next time

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, he said he didn't want the business of white supremacists and Nazis. They are not the same thing. Popular Facebook memes twisted his words just like the media did to Trump on the same incident.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5728 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
quote:

No, he said he didn't want the business of white supremacists and Nazis. They are not the same thing. Popular Facebook memes twisted his words just like the media did to Trump on the same incident.

He's talking BS, fact of the matter is the neo-nazi's and white supremacist's agent provocateurs burning cities funded by the globalists lefty's such as himself, are who he doesn't wanna do business with eh? Yeah sure! Irregardless he's gonna be doing business with all walks of life making more $$$ than he'll know what to do with, selling made in china tents at 95% profit margins to homeless / jobless Americans, once government lifts eviction moratoriums!!

You don't think he knows this? He can pretend to be picky about who he does business with all he likes, he ain't fooling me NONE!!

Camping World - The more homeless Americans there are, the more chinese are employed making tents!! FK'n freak show!

https://youtu.be/lXlzjfYTNvU
Watchman Ezekiel

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Camping World CEO Marcus Lemonis APOLOGIZED apologized back in 2017 for telling people who agreed with President Donald Trump’s remarks in Charlottesville, Va., "don’t shop at my business."

What's to apologize about if he isn't talking to all Trump supporters?

CNN’s Jake Tapper has said, President Trump did not call neo-Nazis or white supremacists “very fine people.”

Jake Tapper: "Elsewhere in those remarks the President did condemn neo-Nazis and white supremacists. So he’s not saying that the neo-Nazis and white supremacists are very fine people”

President Trump, August 15, 2017: “I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists — because they should be condemned totally.”

Jim Acosta 3 years ago: "Trump condemns KKK and white supremacists commenting on Charlottesville: 'Racism is evil.'"
Jim Acosta today: Trump has finally condemned White Supremacist on Hannity

President Trump has repeatedly and specifically denounced racism, extremism, anti-Semitism, and white supremacists. Here are just a few examples:

TRUMP: “The anti-Semitic threats targeting our Jewish community and community centers are horrible and are painful and a very sad reminder of the work that still must be done to root out hate and prejudice and evil.” (February 21, 2017)

TRUMP: “Recent threats targeting Jewish community centers and vandalism of Jewish cemeteries as well as last week’s shooting in Kansas City remind us that while we may be a nation divided on policies, we are a country that stands united in condemning hate and evil in all of its very ugly forms.” (April 11, 2017)

TRUMP: “We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence. It has no place in America.” (August 14, 2017)

TRUMP: “The riots in Charlottesville a year ago resulted in senseless death and division… I condemn all types of racism and acts of violence.” (August 11, 2018)

TRUMP: “We forcefully condemn the evil of anti-Semitism and hate. It must be defeated.” (April 27, 2019)

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbc...7a7d0f99&oe=5FA13657

Posts: 19 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Go to NHRA.com. It is now the Camping World Drag Racing Series

Posts: 111 | Location: Rosemead, CA | Registered: November 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post