New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coronavirus
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
There seems to be 2 different types of people on this.

1) Those that are aware of the risks,take precautions like washing their hands,and go on living their life.

2) Those that freak out-Stop all travel,do not go out to eat,hoard supplies and go on lockdown at their home.

Are you a Number 1 or a Number 2?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
#3, What's a Coronavirus?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Brian do you even drink Corona? Confused

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I thought the lime in a Corona Beer is to prevent a virus. Guess I'll double up on the lime and drink more beer. Wait I already do that. Oh well, carry on.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":

It's the latest attention getting buzzword for the news agencies. They think it's much more dramatic than just saying the flu...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4450 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
This is driving Costco profits thru the roof as if they needed this, please I'll take two Corona's with lime.

Moe when you come to Tucson you seem to break a few parts, sorry about it, must be something in the air...

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I swear the media has just had slow days and they need something to fill air time. Nevermind that they are spreading panic.
It's there. It's worse than the flu death wise. It seems to be very contagious particularly because of the long time you can go symptom free. So a little extra attention to protect our elderly isn't a terrible thing.
I guess we will see how it takes its course. Good time of year for it as the weather warms and we start getting outside. Probably a whole lot of nothing.
It does point out, and on a lot of uncaring folks who ignore it, the problem with our country getting so much of our food and medical supplies from China. Those folks could mess us up good if they wanted to. Pretty easily too I suspect.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6378 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Idea is. Make a mad panic,blame Trump and hope it hurts economy so democraps have a chance to win a election.Oh yea and the hell with what problems its causes in country. Older cans of Lysol spray state it kills human coronavirus so its not something new or so I was told by cpl folks.

The flu will kill way more but its not a hot buzz word,so nothing o0n it in news.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":

BEER FLU. !!!

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
our representatives are only there to protect the liberty, property and pursuit of happiness of we the American people.

Total agreement. Good intentions beyond that have led us to the brink of not being worth a sh1t. We remain the greatest country. But a few mis steps could greatly impact us with where we have willingly gone.

I fear that since the people who are alive today have only seen what we have become, that this is the expectation. Few see the dangers that outsourcing and free stuff create. Few understand why we should not blindly hand out trust to non Americans and welcome them without question.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6378 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Just switch to Corona Lights and if you do get sick it will be CoronaLightVirus and you’ll be fine.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If your not taking it seriously you may be sorry for not doing so. You can't tell me this can't be transmitted by a mosquito that draws blood from an infected person and then goes to draw blood from someone else and transfers the virus to them. I know we're too old to remember this:

https://weather.com/health/col...andemic-in-history#1

Posts: 163 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: March 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Ciglar:
If your not taking it seriously you may be sorry for not doing so. You can't tell me this can't be transmitted by a mosquito that draws blood from an infected person and then goes to draw blood from someone else and transfers the virus to them. I know we're too old to remember this:

https://weather.com/health/col...andemic-in-history#1

I certainly don't suggest that anyone not take precautions. I would avoid travel to affected areas and I would stay off cruise ships personally. I don't like planes, so no great loss for me to avoid them. Wash hands. Keep your hands off your face. Small things.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I wash my hands. I always have. In addition to the coronavirus the rhinovirus is out there.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
The information out there about this Corona Virus is not very clear.

It is highly contagious it appears but I myself have to ask how did people get infected that appear to have never been to any area with many infected people ?

Old folks in some nursing home in Washington for example.

There does not seem to be clear info on any of this and frankly I think they do not really know and are all just spewing out info to look as though they are on top of it...

News, politicians and everyone else...

We live in an era of we need to know NOW and also LIABILITY issues. Everyone playing cover their a-s-s anyway possible....

It does appear to be a pandemic and hopefully the vast majority of people infected have mild cases and recover like with many Flu virus outbreaks....

I was sick a few winters ago and thought I was gonna die for a couple days from that one.....

I try to stay healthy as I can but age kicks your butt as does the colder months in NJ

Its no wonder older folks tend to move to warmer states.....That should be ME for sure !!

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Pure madness? Roll Eyes

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 403 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Up here in Snohomish WA. this morning for a electronics swapmeet at the State fairgrounds this weekend with about 3000 being normal attendance.

Most things are going along very normal in the Seattle area. In the drive up here traffic was heavy as usual.

Do what you should normally be doing every winter time by washing your hands a little more often and covering your mouth when you cough goes a long way to keep you safe.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
How many people have died from flu since this new virus came about.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
How many people have died from flu since this new virus came about.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/...season-estimates.htm

Between 20,000 and 52,000. Quite the range

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm not that concerned for my own safety, at this point. Just something way in the back of my mind. I AM, however, concerned about the negative impact it is having on the stock market. Frown Lowering of disposable incomes always negatively impacts drag racing. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post