Find
Notify
Tools

Coronavirus
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Question. Why the mad rush on toilet paper? The bleach I kind of get. Is everyone bleaching their rectums?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Question. Why the mad rush on toilet paper? The bleach I kind of get. Is everyone bleaching their rectums?

I was one of the people making fun of others for buying toliet paper,but truth be told,it is getting pretty hard to find around my immediate area

Imagine what it would be like if there was a run on the banks.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I don't doubt that the media is doing their best to blow it out of proportion like they always do, but I also think that its foolish to think its "no big deal". Yes, most people survive it but you are contagious for a week before you show symptoms so in that time you may unknowingly pass it along to a child or an elderly friend or relative and it could mean a death sentence for them. Sure the flu kills more people but this is just getting rolling. There are reports from Italy of people not able to get treatment because hospitals are overloaded and I just saw a video of a guy whose sister died in their home and it took nearly 36 hours for authorities to come get her body. No, its not that bad here BUT it wasn't that bad in Italy 3 months ago either. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying the sky is falling - I'm still going about my day but I work in NYC so I have a front row seat. You guys in the rural parts of the country will just get impacted later if it continues to blow up. I'm doing my best to not shake hands, not touch anything in public, wash my hands way more often, not touch my face, etc. I'm not buying the media hype but I'm not looking to give a first hand account of the disease or help it spread either.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The majority of reply's concerning covid 19 revolve around the claims that say actions taken to best manage the problem (covid 19), are disproportionate to the threat being reported. Typically being followed by claims wag the dog happens every four years, meaning a conspiracy.

At some point this reaction from the sheeple who have been mislead to believe covid 19 is all about an American Presidential election, will change drastically.

I'd guess it'll take a couple months for these myths to completely evaporate as the results of actions taken manifest themselves in millions of lost jobs, of which at some point followed by the solution rolled out to fix unsustainable debt obligations which existed all along.

The moral of the story is you can't offshore the production sector of your economy, and expect to have an economy.

This is the giant sucking sound Ross Perot warned of, I'm pretty pleased, I never participated in.

Americans have forgotten where they came from.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
With all the panic buying of TP, why hasn't there been a similar panic with tampons, baby and adult diapers?

Blue Man

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vetman:
Your the one with the hate problem dude. Post was about nuke war. Nobody wins one. Not a Burny fan. Sure not a snowflake.I see issues on both sides.

Hate problem? Seems to be functioning fine... Ya'll need to realize something. The reasons these zipper heads all wanna move here, same as the rag heads, is their countrys are shyt holes. Why are they shyt holes? Because the people that live in them are dirty heathens and made them that way. I have the god given right as all Americans do to walk into a gas station without having to deal with the stench of one of these a holes.

Never said a word about any war. I said nuke china, as in target practice. Worst case scenario is still a win for America. Say they get one or two rusty nukes off before theyre vaporized and they actually work... They wont be aiming for the seawolfs parked off their coast they dont have the capability. Theyll aim at our major cities, which just so happen to be the breeding grounds and sanctuaries of liberal democrats. Thats called killing two birds with one stone.

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Always wanted a old T/F mask with the dual respirators.Would love to go shopping at walmart wearing one now.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Left O'Hare in Chicago at noon on United 737-900. Less than 1/2 full and had an exit ROW all to myself l ok e the good old days!

Posts: 94 | Location: The Flatlands of Western Oklahoma! | Registered: August 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What are "they" going to do when millions and millions of people dont get sick and hundreds of thousands don't die? Are "they" going to admit it was all blown out of proportion to wreck the economy or are "they" going to pretend their knee jerk reaction saved us?

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
or are "they" going to pretend their knee jerk reaction saved us?

You know the answer

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woody B:
What are "they" going to do when millions and millions of people dont get sick and hundreds of thousands don't die? Are "they" going to admit it was all blown out of proportion to wreck the economy or are "they" going to pretend their knee jerk reaction saved us?

How will anyone know which stance is correct?

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Older cans of Lysol spray state it kills human coronavirus so its not something new or so I was told by cpl folks.

Wait, so a cpl of folks told you this ? that it was written on older Lysol cans. That is Psychic !
I would get some of those cans ! Have you reported this to the CDC ?

Posts: 33 | Location: next door to you | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
it does nt say covid 19 its says human corona virus.Its this strain nof it thats causing the big problem.My guess would be thats why the number is in there.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Was listening to talk radio this morning and an ER practitioner called in, explaining that in early November, they started seeing a dramatic increase in folks coming in with what they would swear were flu symptoms, but would test negative for influenza. Even rechecks would turn up negative. He was convinced, as were many of the doctors he works with, that this has been here for months. (and why would we not think this? We really think it was contained in China?) And, he said, the country was managing it quite well without civil liberties being freely given up state by state. He has an interesting point. Certainly we want to be proactive. But when is enough enough? We also have to weigh the effect this has on peoples' livelihoods, our economy, and so many other things that are effected by what really may be overreaction. I suspect that our infection rate is and way WAY more than what we realize due to lack of testing. But that also means that the mortality rate is WAY less than numbers are telling us currently.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Freddie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Was listening to talk radio this morning and an ER practitioner called in, explaining that in early November, they started seeing a dramatic increase in folks coming in with what they would swear were flu symptoms, but would test negative for influenza. Even rechecks would turn up negative. He was convinced, as were many of the doctors he works with, that this has been here for months. (and why would we not think this? We really think it was contained in China?) And, he said, the country was managing it quite well without civil liberties being freely given up state by state. He has an interesting point. Certainly we want to be proactive. But when is enough enough? We also have to weigh the effect this has on peoples' livelihoods, our economy, and so many other things that are effected by what really may be overreaction. I suspect that our infection rate is and way WAY more than what we realize due to lack of testing. But that also means that the mortality rate is WAY less than numbers are telling us currently.

The only reason for any restrictions is to slow down the spread of the virus. It is not a matter who gets the virus but a matter of how many at one time. This has been the trend in places such as China and Italy who have experienced a major lack of available services to those in need. the term used is flattening the curve, not a new concept, however it has never been done on this scale before. The biggest reason for any of this is because there are too many self centered people in the US who care about nothing more than themselves . IF this were to go unchecked we would be in the same situation as China and Italy (not saying we wont end up there anyway) with more people needing treatment than there is equipment, staff, and facilities to treat, forcing those in charge to limit treatment to only certain individuals and leaving the rest in gods hands to live or die.

Posts: 685 | Location: Anderson SC. | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddie:
quote:

The only reason for any restrictions is to slow down the spread of the virus. It is not a matter who gets the virus but a matter of how many at one time. This has been the trend in places such as China and Italy who have experienced a major lack of available services to those in need. the term used is flattening the curve, not a new concept, however it has never been done on this scale before. The biggest reason for any of this is because there are too many self centered people in the US who care about nothing more than themselves . IF this were to go unchecked we would be in the same situation as China and Italy (not saying we wont end up there anyway) with more people needing treatment than there is equipment, staff, and facilities to treat, forcing those in charge to limit treatment to only certain individuals and leaving the rest in gods hands to live or die.

I understand the intent and don't disagree with it. But we seem to be working completely blind and without usable data on this, having very little in the way of testing done. No way to determine a mortality rate not knowing the extent of infection. They say we are about 10 days behind Italy. Italy was on a tremendous ramp up of hospital cases 10 days ago. Thank goodness we have not seen it. But.....shouldn't we be seeing it by now? I understand the chart showing the steep incline and also decline and the entire flatening of the the curve idea. Where are we on that curve? The only things we have data for are the deaths, and the positive cases from testing....and the testing is very limited. If we take out the nursing home in Washington, our mortality sure hasn't seen the escalation yet.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Freddie
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Freddie:
quote:

I understand the intent and don't disagree with it. But we seem to be working completely blind and without usable data on this, having very little in the way of testing done. No way to determine a mortality rate not knowing the extent of infection. They say we are about 10 days behind Italy. Italy was on a tremendous ramp up of hospital cases 10 days ago. Thank goodness we have not seen it. But.....shouldn't we be seeing it by now? I understand the chart showing the steep incline and also decline and the entire flatening of the the curve idea. Where are we on that curve? The only things we have data for are the deaths, and the positive cases from testing....and the testing is very limited. If we take out the nursing home in Washington, our mortality sure hasn't seen the escalation yet.

What we are seeing is limited as the Us has not done nearly the amount of testing that Italy has, which is why it has become difficult to develop an actual curve. What is being done is a preventative measure as it has shown promise in other parts of the world. We are in all reality closer to 3 weeks behind Italy, and I can tell you our hospital systems are already seeing much more than is being reported. However with little to no testing we are not seeing the large numbers. here in Florida alone we have close to 200 confirmed cases, and close to 600 awaiting test results. I am sure that once these results come in we will see the confirmed cases ramp up quickly. And YES as we see more cases the mortality rate will stabilize, it may decrease and it may increase, but in either case, the US has a large number of elderly and those with respiratory issues that could drive the mortality rate up IF people do not use caution and a little common sense.

Posts: 685 | Location: Anderson SC. | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Once they really start rolling on the "test kits" the mortality rate will be less than one tenth of one percent (.10%).
I'm sure 10's of thousands of people have or had this with less than 100 fatalities so far in the last 3 MONTHS.
Will more people die, yes.
But as the director of the WHO pointed out over 70 people PER DAY DIE from the REGULAR flu (this is why ventilators are needed and ICU's are already almost full).
The scary part is there is no vaccine however it is NOT as severe as the regular flu hence why people didn't even know they had it.

The real unknown is since there won't be a vaccine for over 18 months and since they are sheltering everyone in the US now, what is going to happen when they give the "OK" in ?? months. (who knows when).
Will it get just as bad again or if not worse because people will not have built up an immunity to it.
That's why China, Italy and Germany finally just let it go, they had no recourse BUT NOW they have resistance against it and fatalities are starting to drop.

We may be just prolonging the inevitable, maybe we can't hide from it.

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The idea was to flatten the curve. I wonder how flat is too flat. How long can we tolerate this, and also how long can our economy tolerate it? In the course of a few days, the government has imposed restrictions that a few weeks ago would have been laughable. I guess we will see.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Intersting reading here. Bot saying its a;; fact just interesting.

Mo Rodgers
6 hrs ·
Got this from a friend of mine! EXCELLENT READ!
Krista Burton: HERE'S THE TRUTH BEHIND THE WUHAN VIRUS:
Bill Gates & Barack Obama released a docuseries on Netflix called PANDEMIC in January right before the Wuhan virus was "discovered."
The docuseries pushed the need for the Gates' Foundation to receive funding to carry on virus research to prevent the next PANDEMIC!
Bill Gates funded the Wuhan lab in China that released the Wuhan virus. Bill Gates' was a member of China's Academy of Sciences who built the lab and he was awarded their highest honor.
The Wuhan virus was originally developed at the University of North Carolina by NIH grants approved by the Obama administration in 2012.
The NIH defunded the UNC research in 2016 so the Communist Chinese scientists left UNC and took their work to the NEWLY BUILT Wuhan lab in 2017 - funded by Gates & pals.
The head of the Harvard Chemistry department, with ties to Gates & Epstein, was arrested for accepting bribes from the Communists. Did Epstein know what was coming?
The Pirbright Institute, funded by Bill Gates, owns the "patent" on the Coronavirus genetic sequencing. They did simulation testing on a global PANDEMIC in 2018.
Bill Gates & Barack Obama docuseries marketed the need for a global "universal" vaccine to replace all other flu vaccines. I believe it will be designed to deliver a human chip via nanotechnology.
12,469 people in the US died of H1N1 flu (from Mexico) under Obama in 2009, many of them children, because he waited 6 months to do anything & never closed the border.
The media said nothing about fatalities from H1N1 but is creating a huge panic around the 20 US deaths from the Wuhan virus to destroy the US economy before the election.
Over 36,000 people in the US have died from the common flu this year and the media says NOTHING about that - but is creating a huge panic around the 20 US deaths from the Wuhan virus.
18 out of the 20 total US deaths from the Wuhan virus have come from a nursing home in Kirkland, Washington - the home area of Bill Gates.
Half the staff at that nursing home have been infected with Wuhan virus. They appear to be the carriers. The nursing home draws employees from a large Chinese population across the border in Canada. I believe Gates is placing carriers in vulnerable locations for the narrative and funding.
Right after the first deaths were reported in Bill Gates home area, the Governor declared a national emergency & Congress approved over $8 billion - even though Trump asked for only a quarter of that. Much of the funding will flow to Gates' global partners.
Suddenly Bill Gates says his "foundation" will offer in-home testing kits where you swab your nose with a Q-Tip and send it to his labs. How convenient!
19 out of the 21 who tested positive on the Princess Cruise ship were CREW MEMBERS. Meaning the crews are carriers and are infecting passengers. Who put them there?
The virus started in South Korea because the leaders of a "doomsday" cult went to Wuhan, China and went back and infected 8,000 of their members. Who paid them to do that?
Iran's leaders suddenly became infected after Iran's foreign leader met with John Kerry in Munich and laughed about the virus on camera. Almost like he was told to go home and create panic.
All those videos out of Communist China of them disinfecting the streets, people dying on the streets and thrashing bodies - were all fake and sent out by Communist propagandists.
Real videos show Hong Kong freedom fighters being rounded up in handcuffs and sent off to the "hospital" where it's likely their organs are harvested and they are cremated.
Real videos show elderly people in Communist China trapped in buildings and left to die with no food.
Real videos show that Communist China installed major NEW surveillance cameras and technology to monitor people on the street & in their offices since the virus was released.
Real videos show the Chinese people yelling "IT'S ALL FAKE" from high rises as the Communists pretend to care for them on the streets below.
They are now forced to use an app which tells them when they can come and go and tracks their every move. How did the Communists suddenly develop this technology in a month? This was part of the plan.
After Trump closed travel from Communist China in January, the Chinese blamed the US and threatened to hold back our pharmaceuticals unless we opened travel back up again. They didn't expect him to do that - that thwarted their plans to seed the US with more cases.
I believe the virus is no more dangerous than the common cold - but has been engineered to be highly infectious and impact the elderly & sick. Thankfully, it is NOT affecting children & young adults like pandemic flu does.
I believe the virus was unleashed by the Communist Party to scare people back into their homes and stop the Hong Kong & Taiwanese pro-freedom protests.
I believe the virus was unleashed by the Communists to crash the US economy & drive people away from Trump rallies.
I believe the virus was unleashed to help the Communists assert global control and to cull the elderly and weak.
ALL respiratory viral outbreaks peak in March and end in April. I believe this one too.
The SARS Coronavirus panic dropped the market 20% in March 2003, under Bush, and it came roaring back even higher by July. In other words, they've done this before to a Republican administration before an election.
Now the fake news is trying to distance Wuhan from the virus -- and so is Communist China. That means we're right over the target.
Every single one of my statements has been reported by numerous sources. This is not a conspiracy. This is rea