New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coronavirus
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Now, you don't really believe Dr was wrong do ya? My intuition tells me he wouldn't be the spokesman if he wasn't respected among'st colleagues.

Now pay real close attention to what happens, at the end of the day Dr Fauci's comments on this matter among'st colleagues will hold true within a reasonable room for error. This guy isn't the type guy to be premature in measure.

I'm going with Dr. Fauci. If that's OK with you, there's NO reason to panic according to Dr Fauci.
Try turning the tellievision off. Panic will diminish.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3306 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/meMQF4G9D4g" width="560">[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Fact, that's a weak dog n pony show for nailbiters.

Only thing evil understands, is death.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Don't panic, Go with Dr. Fauci's assessment.

Just this past Monday Dr. Fauci called President Trump’s decision to keep the government’s current social distancing guidelines in place through the end of April a “wise” one.

“We feel that the mitigation that we’re doing right now is having an effect. It’s very difficult to quantitate it because you have two dynamic things going on at the same time,” Fauci said a press conference outside the White House on Sunday.

“You have the virus going up, and you have the mitigation trying to push it down,”......

Are you going to go with Dr. Fauci's assessment?

You really need to watch the press briefing to keep yourself updated.

Fauci seems universally respected. Even the left seems to believe greatly in him. Trump has pretty much gone with his recommendations right along. But somehow Trump didn't act soon enough? Or was xenophobic? That dude just can't do anything right for the left.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Don't panic, Go with Dr. Fauci's assessment.

Just this past Monday Dr. Fauci called President Trump’s decision to keep the government’s current social distancing guidelines in place through the end of April a “wise” one.

“We feel that the mitigation that we’re doing right now is having an effect. It’s very difficult to quantitate it because you have two dynamic things going on at the same time,” Fauci said a press conference outside the White House on Sunday.

“You have the virus going up, and you have the mitigation trying to push it down,”......

Are you going to go with Dr. Fauci's assessment?

You really need to watch the press briefing to keep yourself updated.

Fauci seems universally respected. Even the left seems to believe greatly in him. Trump has pretty much gone with his recommendations right along. But somehow Trump didn't act soon enough? Or was xenophobic? That dude just can't do anything right for the left.

The leftists aren't interested in right. The leftists are the proxy of marxists. Identity politics is the way of the radical left. Everything Power by any means > smear psyops.

Identity politics are so prevalent, it's spilling over onto the right. Marxists can't lose by design. No right or wrong according to Evidence is the goal.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have to commend the Governor of California for taking charge and leading the effort to stop the Covid-19 epidemic. Previously I was not a fan but I am now, I have to admit he is doing an admirable job, I'm so glad that he is in charge or this would be much worse. The Captain of this ship deserves our gratitude.

The same goes for the Mayor of San Diego, Kevin Faulkner (I am a fan) who likewise has taken charge and is leading the effort to spare lives in our local community.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have to give it to Governor Newsom for putting partisanship aside.....

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

Biden now backs Trump's China Travel Ban after calling it 'Xenophobic'.....

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03...42&utm_source=twCNNp

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The number of cases and deaths from covid19 so far, SIMPLY DO NOT WARRANT THE SHUTTING DOWN OF THE COUNTRY. The elderly and people with compromised health issues, yes I will go along with them being at “more risk” but they’re already at more risk with or without covid19, but either way, STAY HOME, so the rest of us can attempt to still live! The effects of this shutdown is going to embarrass all other depressions and crisis in history. WE WILL NOT RECOVER, from an entire month of shutdown. If it ended today, it would be a miracle if we recovered, as it stands right now.
The numbers aren’t there PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Shane Carr

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Corona ruse.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The elderly and people with compromised health issues, yes I will go along with them being at “more risk”

The Broward County Sheriff's Office is mourning the loss of a deputy who died late Friday after being diagnosed with COVID-19 on March 27.

The victim is a 12-year veteran of the department, 39-year-old Deputy Shannon Bennett.

https://www.wptv.com/news/stat...gnosed-with-covid-19

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
The elderly and people with compromised health issues, yes I will go along with them being at “more risk”

The Broward County Sheriff's Office is mourning the loss of a deputy who died late Friday after being diagnosed with COVID-19 on March 27.

The victim is a 12-year veteran of the department, 39-year-old Deputy Shannon Bennett.

https://www.wptv.com/news/stat...gnosed-with-covid-19

https://www.newschannel5.com/n...-recovers-from-virus

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Don't panic, covid 19 doesn't even make the high consequence infectious disease list in the UK, because of its low mortality rate.

Which is the same assessment Dr Fauci gave Covid 19 in the New England Journal of Medicine.

https://youtu.be/aORXZiGeIdA

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The availability of good data still sucks and there seems to be no fix to this coming soon. We need to be able to see who has this and who has already had this. We have no idea where on the curve we are nor what is to come.

The most reliable data, as morbid as it is, is the death data. I think it is Worldometer https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ that has the most comprehensive data. You can only learn so much from the data though. One thing for certain is that New York is dominating in the deaths. They had as many deaths yesterday as the rest of the country. Some would suggest that this means they just had a head start because they have so much international travel. It could also be because they have a high population density. Removing New York from the data though shows a much less gloomy picture.

It's really hard for any leader to make a call at this point to loosen restrictions. There is no data to support it. Unfortunately that's where we are. Unless you can prove that it makes sense to hit the ignition, any leader is going to be crucified if the cases and deaths go up.....which of course they will whenever we say go.

Another thing clearly shown in the data is that the elderly are at least half of the deaths, maybe more. The other half is dominated by folks with other preexisting conditions. Frankly the elderly data isn't bad if you remove the preexisting conditions.....but frankly a lot of elderly have something preexisting. YES we can come up with exceptions. We can show the healthy guy that died from it or the kid that recovered. But cherry picking single cases isn't statistically justified. It means nothing. Just like our infection data. That means nothing too. There is way to much noise from lack of testing and also ramping up of testing, to glean anything useful from it.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
...STAY HOME, so the rest of us can attempt to still live!

In this land, land of the free, multiple levels of government, aka public servants, can deny you the right to earn a living and provide for your family. So much for liberty and pursuit of happiness, aye. Cooperation not Coercion.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Erratic surveys are easy to come by. The powers that may be will count every person with covid 19 whether they died because of covid or with covid, in order to justify measures. If a guy dies in a motorcycle accident with covid, he'll too be included in erratic surveys.

Here's how badly this is kicking our arces. Think about this?

What are we gonna do next time? How many times as a result of the current precedent being set bankrupting EVERYONE, will we suffer the biggest defeat in history?

I like my chances, I don't practice social distancing, don't wash my hands anymore than I ever did.

If I die, I still say for Freedom to win, people can't be on lockdown at their houses. Freedom is easily defeated with everyone on lockdown. It should be by choice for freedom to win.

Inalienable God given rights need preserved. In that world anyone who died, died for Freedom.

This is only common sense.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ok so that’s 1 of well over 300 million population in the U.S.
Most likely BCSO is instructed to say he was diagnosed with covid, almost any symptom can now be declared “covid” and the general public has no way of knowing what this person actually died from.

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Without inalienable God given rights the rug is pulled out from underneath everyone at the will of any would be terrorist, using the current model.

And 58,0000 small business's applied for $6 billion more in loans?

Not too bright unless you're running a zombie ponzi business. That could be too though I suppose.

Bunch of those, you know this when they tell us this is the greatest economy in the history of the world, while lowering interest rates to 0%.

How negative will interest rates go is what I wanna know.

Lies on top of lies and knowbody seems to notice, knowbody seems to care, and these are people of modest means.

Don't panic, prepare. We're just getting started.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sugar Shane:
Ok so that’s 1 of well over 300 million population in the U.S.
Most likely BCSO is instructed to say he was diagnosed with covid, almost any symptom can now be declared “covid” and the general public has no way of knowing what this person actually died from.

Completely valid argument. Now as far as a guy dying of a motorcycle accident, most hospitals right now won't test a doa from an accident. So no he isn't going to count. But the delima they have is with all the folks that may have an underlying condition, that dies, and they are Wuhan positive. If they wouldn't have died then without the extra strain from Wuhan, should that count? What should be the criteria? It's certainly affecting the data. But how do you draw the line? If they would have passed within a year, they don't count? I dunno.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
...STAY HOME, so the rest of us can attempt to still live!

In this land, land of the free, multiple levels of government, aka public servants, can deny you the right to earn a living and provide for your family. So much for liberty and pursuit of happiness, aye. Cooperation not Coercion.

One thing that I agree with that our Federal government should do it protect us from foreign threats. This virus is a foreign threat. But the lack of decent data is allowing this protection to be politicized and blown out of proportion. We need data. I suspect some feet are dragging when it comes to data.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo