New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coronavirus
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
What you see on television news is meant to scare you, it attracts viewers and that in turn sells advertising. It's the nature of the business. While you should take this epidemic seriously try and maintain a positive attitude and be reasonable. Follow the guidelines established by the CDC Professionals, not the opinions of some BOZO paid to scare the living daylights out of you.

We are going to beat this virus, but before a vaccine is discovered and distributed be reasonable, be safe. You don't need to arm yourself with an AK47 and live in a bunker, no one is coming to steal your Twinkies (or toilet paper).

Calm down, be selective in which news outlet you follow, remain positive and treat each other with care, respect and kindness.

I am now off the soap box.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
A Good Read...

I survived Guam, I can get through this BS

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3306 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Bob- RPROGAS pm sent

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:
A Good Read...

I survived Guam, I can get through this BS

There are still badasses in this country.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6396 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
What you see on television news is meant to scare you, it attracts viewers and that in turn sells advertising. It's the nature of the business. While you should take this epidemic seriously try and maintain a positive attitude and be reasonable. Follow the guidelines established by the CDC Professionals, not the opinions of some BOZO paid to scare the living daylights out of you.

We are going to beat this virus, but before a vaccine is discovered and distributed be reasonable, be safe. You don't need to arm yourself with an AK47 and live in a bunker, no one is coming to steal your Twinkies (or toilet paper).

Calm down, be selective in which news outlet you follow, remain positive and treat each other with care, respect and kindness.

I am now off the soap box.

Bob

Every single news outlet is on scare tactics overload. All you see is infected and near death or dead. Not one story about how many people that have recovered from this. Because that’s not the headlines.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
The media without a doubt magnifies everything. But in their defense people aren't listening to anything the people that make any sense are telling them. People are still congregating and won't stay home!
The one thing the media or anyone else hasn't explained properly is flattening the curve. People think it means stopping the virus. Instead it just means slowing it down so the scientists and health facilities can catch up.
All that can be done now is to slow this damn thing down and bide time for treatment and a vaccine.

Posts: 1456 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
The media without a doubt magnifies everything. But in their defense people aren't listening to anything the people that make any sense are telling them. People are still congregating and won't stay home!
The one thing the media or anyone else hasn't explained properly is flattening the curve. People think it means stopping the virus. Instead it just means slowing it down so the scientists and health facilities can catch up.
All that can be done now is to slow this damn thing down and bide time for treatment and a vaccine.

IMO, this ^^^ is doom and gloom because it speaks to people falling into the manufactured panic in the media, while completely discounting what the short smurf looking guy who is always standing next to Trump on TV Dr. Fauci, has already said among'st his colleagues about covid - 19.

Here's the evidence. Look it up for yourself, Fauci knows covid 19 has a 0.01% fatality rate, according to what he says among'st colleagues.

Search Covid 19 Navigating the Uncharted

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Freddie
posted Hide Post
I for one am growing tired of the conspiracy theories concerning this. This is a real threat people. I now have 3 personal friends who have died from complications of this virus. If you are not taking it serious that is your decision, but dont come on here claiming this to be a hoax driven by the media.

I am tired of seeing all of the BS. I certainly hope the powers to be on this site look closely at this.

Posts: 685 | Location: Anderson SC. | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddie:
I for one am growing tired of the conspiracy theories concerning this. This is a real threat people. I now have 3 personal friends who have died from complications of this virus. If you are not taking it serious that is your decision, but dont come on here claiming this to be a hoax driven by the media.

I am tired of seeing all of the BS. I certainly hope the powers to be on this site look closely at this.

I agree 100% and it's ridiculous the nonsense some people are posting on here...…Some real stupid s-h-I-t...

I'm in NJ and it's bad and no f'en conspiracy !!!

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddie:

I hope everyone looks closely at this too, including whoever it is you're speaking of. How is it a conspiracy? When it's Fauci speaking among'st his peers?

I'm no infectious disease expert, never claimed to be, but I can read.

Anyone can read it with a simple search Covid-19 Navigating the Uncharted.

Reading the document is a conspiracy? How so? Are you saying Dr Fauci doesn't know what he's talking about?

What is Fauci saying here Freddie, give us a translation on this.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
EVERYWHERE I go,people are wearing masks.

(I am an Essential Services Worker)

I thought the news said that it wasn't recommended?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30...tion-trnd/index.html

I am also an "essential" worker (not healthcare). We are now being told to wear some sort of mask at work and strongly suggested to where anywhere in public. The explanation was that it isn't to stop yourself from getting infected but it to stop you from unknowingly spreading the virus. They referenced it as a "snot catcher" so as to catch any particles a person emits when breathing, coughing or sneezing. Since this virus apparently can live long amounts of time on surfaces (especially shiny surfaces) and a person can have it for weeks without even knowing and simply just breathing can transmit it The conclusion is that it won't stop all but if everyone wears masks it will greatly reduce the amount being spread.

Posts: 1838 | Location: Illinois | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What conspiracy theories? If you don't like Mike's stuff, instead of trying to muffle him, just ignore him. Many of us have.

Otherwise, he11 there are some good points that don't conflict each other. The media has CERTAINLY set folks on panic. But, that doesn't mean it isn't serious or that we shouldn't act in a prudent way to slow it.

Data is showing 2% mortality rate. That rate is GREATLY overstated because so few people who probably have it are not being tested. And a ton of people have had it and recovered. I'm not underplaying the severity of this situation. But frankly the data we have (or don't) sucks.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6396 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That is pretty funny, sad really when Freddie or anyone considers a medical journal, conspiracy theory. You know they're panicked when they read it and can't rationally consider what it has to say.

What's the conspiracy? Is it Dr Fauci is misleading the public with his communications with colleagues, which say covid 19 fatality rate is akin to the Flu?

I didn't write in the journal, Dr Fauci did. Duhhh, which way did he go George Laughing Hard

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is it Dr Fauci is misleading the public

But in a White House press conference on Jan. 31 Dr. Fauci said "I can tell you all, guaranteed, that as we get into March and April, the flu cases are going to go down. You could predict pretty accurately what the range of the mortality is and the hospitalizations, as we’ve done over the years.

"The issue now with [COVID-19] is that there's a lot of unknowns."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/bri...onavirus-task-force/

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
quote:
Is it Dr Fauci is misleading the public

But in a White House press conference on Jan. 31 Dr. Fauci said "I can tell you all, guaranteed, that as we get into March and April, the flu cases are going to go down. You could predict pretty accurately what the range of the mortality is and the hospitalizations, as we’ve done over the years.

"The issue now with [COVID-19] is that there's a lot of unknowns."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/bri...onavirus-task-force/

This is from March 26, 2020. So Jan there was unknowns and then on March 26, Fauci wrote his updated opinion, correct? Presumably based on medical findings correct?

What's the conspiracy theory? This is Fauci's theory. It's a conspiracy?

Until Fauci updates in the journal, I'm going with this. I could care less what a presstitute news caster says. I'm going with the Doctors analysis, it's not fear mongering info like the lefty owned fake news.

The fake news could report 50 million fatalities and I'm not buying it. I'm going with DR. Fauci's findings.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

The fake news could report 50 million fatalities and I'm not buying it. I'm going with DR. Fauci's findings.

Mike are you cherry picking that report?

Why not post a link to the full report?

I think the "fake news" you been listening to is coming from this group...........

https://twitter.com/i/status/1245385767729463297

And you sound like Joe Biden when he accused President Trump response to coronavirus epidemic as "fearmongering."

You do know who advise the President....

So is all the advice Dr Fauci giving President Trump wrong?

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
I heard a clip from the virus expert Fauci from 1/26, probably reacting to the President's ban on Chinese flights from the previous day, not verbatim, "this isn't that serious, we have systems in place to deal with these things"!
What systems? They hadn't even replaced N95 masks from 10 years ago? They didn't know how many ventilators they had or even where the ones they had were?
Who thinks he'd like to have that quote disappear?

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11004 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Just read where the NE Patriots owner sent their private jet to pick up N95 masks. And where did they get them from? China of course.

Posts: 1456 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
quote:

Mike are you cherry picking that report?

Why not post a link to the full report?

Not at all, will this help?

Don't panic, Go with Dr. Fauci's assessment.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Don't panic, Go with Dr. Fauci's assessment.

Just this past Monday Dr. Fauci called President Trump’s decision to keep the government’s current social distancing guidelines in place through the end of April a “wise” one.

“We feel that the mitigation that we’re doing right now is having an effect. It’s very difficult to quantitate it because you have two dynamic things going on at the same time,” Fauci said a press conference outside the White House on Sunday.

“You have the virus going up, and you have the mitigation trying to push it down,”......

Are you going to go with Dr. Fauci's assessment?

You really need to watch the press briefing to keep yourself updated.