DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Injected nitro funny car
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Injected nitro funny car
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
We run 4.375 bore with 3.650 stroke. If the owner would listen to me we would be 4.310 bore. We have 180# bolted on car to meet 2195#,5per ci .We could drop 70# and cost nothing. Buying pistons anyway.Lot of guys are down in 420's ci wise.Blocks are .500 short deck.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You are dead on Chris. Some run 421 3.700x3.5 BA

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4469 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well, this is interesting. I thought it was the opposite.

427 cubes for the win!

Thanks

1.34 9.42@ 142.41 1.29 5.97 @ 114.00 @ #3251 Better in 2022
427 BBC by S&S Speed Center, AFD, Enderle MFI by Spud Miller
Trackside Products, Sepanek Racing T400, Dynamic converter, Autoweld, Santhuff, Smith Racecraft,
His real name is Richard but they call it "**** Fords Body Shop"

Posts: 105 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
YEA MOST OF THOSE POWER BUILDING TRICKS OR THEORY IS GONE OUT the WINDOW WITH NITRO.POWER IS JUST THERE WHEN YOU DUMP IT IN THE TANK. Sry caps lock.

Think about the fact a 439 ci MFI engine makes 6500 hp and that is low side estimate.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
YEA MOST OF THOSE POWER BUILDING TRICKS OR THEORY IS GONE OUT the WINDOW WITH NITRO.POWER IS JUST THERE WHEN YOU DUMP IT IN THE TANK. Sry caps lock.

Think about the fact a 439 ci MFI engine makes 6500 hp and that is low side estimate.

Insane HP!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4469 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'm interested to see them and their results. I wondered why they weren't running it since TAD is.

Chris, interesting stuff, thanks for posting. Side note, I always like Scott Weis' Top Fuel cars and the WWII bomber wraps.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Scott,Brian and Howard all cool guys. A whole family deal. We ran them in TA/FC for years amtch races and national events in final round once. I liked that race too want to guess outcome? LOL

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Getting me to post on Top alcohol and/or nitro stuff is not hard. Getting me to shut up about it is another story.LOL

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was watching Indy today and a nitro dragster was DQ'd before his run. They announced that the nitro was below temperature. I was not aware that they checked for that.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
There is a line before stagging lanes.If you are below 50* past that line and they check you DQ. Most cars have racepak and there is fuel temp reading on it. Driver or who is in car is suppose to check it. We chill fuel to dwon in 20's depending.Most leave pits in high 30's now days.Temp rule is 50 and was 40 last year.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Talked with fw guys this weekend about new class. Seems interest has not died off but stepped back for a lot because of 85% rule. Most feel will not be competitive at that rate.

My best guessw would be if enough hold off NHRA will raise that some to get more interest. Nothing but same old blown alky vs a/fuel thing just like TA/D had back in late 90's and still has some of.

Now after running the A/fuel deal and having ran blown alky for years. No it is not a fair deal. Can blown alky be made to run as quick yes. It is just lot harder to get a combo that will and lot more costly parts wise. Overall money to run either is not lot of difference just what you buy is. Spring,rods and cranks VS fuel, bearing plugs, oil and clutch disc.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
I know the season has just ended but I am looking forward to next season in Sportsman funny car. Probably be just a couple of test hits this off season. Lol

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I remember seeing a IHRA race on ESPN in 1995 or 96 where Bret Kepner featured some guys running one back then.

J.K. Hodges

Posts: 43 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: June 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
That would be Scott Weiss and pretty sure it was closer to 1999 or 2000 I know after 97 when we had pretty much quit for while.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Little Chief:
I know the season has just ended but I am looking forward to next season in Sportsman funny car. Probably be just a couple of test hits this off season. Lol

Only two cars tired it this season that I know of. Randy Myers car is one. They basically never got down track. It will be new learning curve on engine and clutch magement compared to the dragsters. If Myers is having issue it is not easy to get hold of he has been playing with A/Fuel for 25 years and smart as hell on it.

Will add new entertainment to the class and hopefully more cars.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I would love to get on with a team to work on a combo for this deal. Getting the car hooked and keeping the candles lit 1320' will be challenging for sure.Hell keeping them lit is a challenge in A/fuel even for guys with 20 years of experience.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
with 85% rule a lot think cars wil not run worth crap.Do not expect many cars out till that is changed.