DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Traveling Chicago to Nashville, which route is better?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traveling Chicago to Nashville, which route is better?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Traveling Chicago to Nashville. Which route is better when towing?

Illinois I-57 to I-24, OR Indiana I-65 ?

Illinois route avoids Indianapolis and Louisville.

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Grand daughter just got back 3 days ago from Tenn.
65 straight down(Car) About 7.5 hrs. I would take 65 also with the trailer.. They drove at night. clear sailing. What area you pulling out of?.I avoid 80/94 like the plague. But i am south of the city. 42 miles..If i have to go north. We stay off of I-57 due to the shootings. (Expressway) Not kidding either. Have time, look it up. I57 shootings.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I’ve traveled I-65 Chicago to Nashville several times and agree night time is the best. I’ve never traveled Illinois I-57 to I-24, curios if better way to go and is why I’m asking.

I’m traveling through Milwaukee, Chicago I-294 to 80. At that point I have the option to take I-57 South or go East to I-65 to Nashville.

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I personally would hook 80 East to 65 south. I have never run 57 to 24.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i57 south of effingham has a lot of deer. 24 isn't too bad though.

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post