DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Vegas Thanksgiving race info?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vegas Thanksgiving race info?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
I wonder if that means a decision to run it over Thanksgiving or weeks later or at all?

The more time they can give the easier it is to plan for......Rooms, time off work, truck/car/trailer/ME prepped etc etc........
Hopefully it's at least a couple weeks notice...

Dave,

That date is a decision to run the race or not, on the current scheduled Thanksgiving dates.

Racers being resourceful have found the PJ1 glue, the only glue our track will use. They are willing to buy it & pick it up for the race to happen. Haven't heard nothing in reply from the track manager.

Our racers are raising a pretty good stink over this deal on our private LVMS FB page.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2494 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
PM me the FB site please

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4446 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
PM me the FB site please

It's a private group & I can invite you in, but I need your face book account name; PM me.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2494 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Im asking cause I dont know; does NHRA bring there own glue for the nationals and divisionals, and also where does SCSN get there glue? I see it hasnt been put on hold yet. Again, not stirring the pot, just asking cause I dont know.

Posts: 292 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qtrrcr:
Im asking cause I dont know; does NHRA bring there own glue for the nationals and divisionals, and also where does SCSN get there glue? I see it hasnt been put on hold yet. Again, not stirring the pot, just asking cause I dont know.

Scott,

I don't know the answers, maybe someone else does. This is what I do know, Jeff did cancel Danny's WCHRA fall race, due to lack of glue.

Are you going to run the SCSN race? I'm planning on it.

As for the Thanksgiving race, I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully Jeff will pull it off & we can race it.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes Bryan, I am going to SCSN. I am already registered. I have not missed one....yet. I can say the same about LVBN, havent missed one of those either, unless you count 2020, when the rug was pulled out from under us the day before gates opened. That is still an open wound for me that hasnt healed.

Posts: 292 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes Bryan, I am going to SCSN. I am already registered. I have not missed one....yet. I can say the same about LVBN, havent missed one of those either, unless you count 2020, when the rug was pulled out from under us the day before gates opened. That is still an open wound for me that hasnt healed.

Looking forward to seeing you & the family!

I have mixed feelings about both races. I said I would never run the SCSN race again & that was about ten years ago. I always did well & won some races; didn't like all the down time for breakage. Now here I'm, going to give it a try again just to get some last of the year testing in.

As for the Thanksgiving race, I have always done well & enjoyed what the race was about. I think it has been 5 or 6 years since running the race. I just drifted away from it when it seemed like the track stopped putting any effort into promoting the race. I was looking forward to giving the Thanksgiving race another try, but looks like it will have to wait.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Per the track manager, this year's Las Vegas Thanksgiving race is cancelled. Frown

2BKing Confused

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
ITS BACK ON.....ITS A GO!!!!!! yabbadabdo

This message has been edited. Last edited by: qtrrcr,

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
ITS BACK ON.....ITS A GO!!!!!! yabbadabdo

Yes it's, I just got the word! LOL!

2BKing Big Grin Cool

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
I hope to get a win at one of the races at Thanksgiving, I'll have 4 or 5 chances. I do very well at this race & won a good amount of money in the past. Big Grin

I was starting to get worried with only having 1 race to get a win. I was putting extra pressure on myself to make it happen. Now I can relax a little & have 5 or 6 chances to get a win. After being out of racing for a little over a year, I'm getting the itch to get a win. If not, I'm having fun getting the bugs worked out of a completely new combination. Eek

2BKing Smile

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Schedule was posted about 10 min. ago.

2BKing Cool

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This race used to attract racers from across our country & even Mexico. That being said, who's coming from out of the state of NV. to race?

In addition to the 4 days of the normal racing. I like the additional races that are added: Geezer, low roller & high roller gambler races. The high roller used to be called the Ultimate Gambler race with a $1k buy-in. I think the highest payout was around $60k, after 2-4 racers dropped out. Anyway, the top racers in the country would fly-in just to compete in this gambler. We did donate to the race winners for 3 years. We always looked at it like, you have to race the best to get better! My racing program/strategy greatly improved after racing in the Ultimate Gambler. Wink

2BKing

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I assume there's going to be a fuel truck there? Bryan?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4446 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I assume there's going to be a fuel truck there? Bryan?

They have a fuel conex on site, they sell VP fuel. I'll be out there this week racing; is there a specific fuel you're looking for? I'll inquire about it & text you.

2BKing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bryan..

Regular 114, not the plus. A couple 5 gallon pails of it I guess.

btw...I've got a drum of Q16 if you use it.....almost a year old but it's been sealed and stored inside so I'm assuming it's still good. About 45 gallons. And the price is good also.....free

Dave

F J B

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
114 shouldn't be an issue, but I'll contact them & try to get a list of the fuels they have.

I used to use that rat poison as my son calls it, thanks for the offer! I use 100 UL now, with water/meth injection. The O2 sensor is happier with the UL.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Below is the Las Vegas Thanksgiving full schedule/classes/competition information & procedures.

https://www.lvms.com/documents...tionals-schedule.pdf

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
SCSN went well with a lower car count and the track was good. Kurt Johnson was there doing track prep and the open comp and bracket classes had a good car count.
I have missed only one Thanksgiving race since we've started it and though it causes a little friction with the family I won't miss it as long as it continues.
Hope to see a good turnout and a fun weekend of 5 races for this old geezer!

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 990 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by double trouble:
SCSN went well with a lower car count and the track was good. Kurt Johnson was there doing track prep and the open comp and bracket classes had a good car count.
I have missed only one Thanksgiving race since we've started it and though it causes a little friction with the family I won't miss it as long as it continues.
Hope to see a good turnout and a fun weekend of 5 races for this old geezer!

I thought the track was great for the cold morning conditions!

It was good chatting with you Dan & we'll see you this week at the Thanksgiving race, I assume you will be running the geezer gambler also?

2BKing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436