DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Vegas Thanksgiving race info?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vegas Thanksgiving race info?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yeah I could have made it but I kinda needed that week to button everything up with the truck and trailer...As it was I got to leave Tuesday morning early enough to get out of town before the rush hour traffic shyt started and putt along at 55-60....I wish Bakersfield had a friendlier owner. But the track just sits there empty most of the time. Shame to waste the only SoCal-ish track left. But then I didn't bust my a$$ to make a race there so I can't really complain

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4450 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Friendly owner I guess means being open every weekend even if you lose money kinda like that other track that is now closed I guess

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12275 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
First place, having a race every 2 months at best is a far cry from weekly. Second, if he's losing money on every race he does put on he should move on and let somebody that knows what they're doing run it. Third, my assumption is the tracks that are closing is a direct result of land value. Don't really fault the land owner for realizing a boatload of money in hand is better than hearing racers whine every week....BUT the owner that just lets the land/track sit and waste away for years isn't very racer friendly no. I guess you disagree but facts are facts...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4450 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I sense some animosity between you two about Bakersfield, LOL!

This is my take on that track & I have supported it in the past, but not recently. If I lived in CA, thank God I don't. With the dwindling tracks, I wouldn't care how often they would run. If you want the few tracks in CA to stay open, I would try my hardest to support them.

I don't know how that race went before Thanksgiving, but hopefully it had a good turnout.

2BKing Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2515 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Brian, lol absolutely none what’s so ever.

It’s a business and to make it work you have to make money and to put on events that don’t make money just to be open doesn’t make any sense. Dave or anyone else are more than welcome to rent the track and put on a event

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12275 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mike, why doesn't he make money when he puts on a race? 100's of tracks around the country manage to make money.
Does 60yr old Bakersfield cost more to run?
When I would try and get SuperE race dates there the guy told me "I make almost a 1/2 million dollars on the March Meet. I don't really need/want anything else"

All this doesn't mean shyt though. It's his track to do what he wants with. Its just a shame when we don't have any tracks here any more.

The End...

Dave

F J B

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Man, are you dating yourself with super E…lol

Each track has their own business plan according to their market and I’m sure a lot of the events are track rentals or an established event at the track. Fontana’s problem was that corporate wanted it open every week(no fault of any of the managers) but then corporate would ***** because the event didn’t make enough money so the manager would add more classes to run on a said weekend and wouldn’t finish and then you had the racers pissed because they didn’t finish so it’s a very tough situation. I just felt the track would have been better off running a lot less races but it’s doesn’t matter these days sadly. Thankfully Bakersfield is a profitable track that has invested back in the track with improvements and will be around for a long time. Personally myself, I like the schedule because I don’t have to be there every single weekend

L8R, Mike

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
When you do show up I’ll have Ed there for you….lol

L8R, Mike

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bakersfield has a schedule??? As in a list of proposed races for the coming year?

Where?

Dave

F J B

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Working on it. Probably start with a test and tune mid February.

L8R, Mike

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mike, you have no idea how great it would be if they put together a regular monthly-ish bracket program. And maybe throw in a couple specialty races through the year. Please let me know if you hear anything.

Dave

F J B

DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:

Please please please let me know in advance so I can witness this first hand!!

I have your back Dave.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:

Please please please let me know in advance so I can witness this first hand!!

I have your back Dave.

Oh boy, this thread keeps on taking on a different life.

ED, isn't showing up to race West of the Mississippi anywhere. LOL!

2BKING Laughing very hard

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2515 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post