DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Vegas Thanksgiving race info?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vegas Thanksgiving race info?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Anybody have access to a flyer or information on the web about this years T-Day race in Vegas?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4450 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Anybody have access to a flyer or information on the web about this years T-Day race in Vegas?

Someone asked about it on the LVMS FB racers page & still no response. This race isn't the same as it used to be. It seems the flyer gets later & later to be posted every year.

As soon as I find out something, I'll post it up.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2520 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by B KING:

"Someone asked about it on the LVMS FB racers page & still no response."

yeah, that was me lol.....kinda odd how there's nothing posted or mentioned on their website. I've called the track and left messages and no response back....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4450 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Typical for them.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2520 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Dates show Wednesday 23rd till Sunday 27th. Info slow to be posted every year. I can’t imagine Jeff will change the program much. One change last year the Geezer race age went up from 55 to entry to 60 as I remember.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Dates show Wednesday 23rd till Sunday 27th. Info slow to be posted every year. I can’t imagine Jeff will change the program much. One change last year the Geezer race age went up from 55 to entry to 60 as I remember.

WOW, where the heck did you find the info?? That's mostly what I needed is the actual dates so I can reserve rooms. Is WED/23rd parking only or racing/TnT or ?

Thanks for the info...

Dave

F J B

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
It’s posted on LVMS Strip for 2022 website, but thanks Dave

Check your PM

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Link is below for schedule as JRED stated, but no flyer yet as I know.

https://www.lvms.com/documents...s-strip-schedule.pdf

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Dave, west coast classic at Bakersfield the week before

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12275 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:

I wonder if that’s going to help or hurt the Thanksgiving race

DRR Trophy
Picture of Stan Deming
posted Hide Post
We are planning on hitting the West Coast classic
But will not be able to do the Turkey race.

I have wondered about the back to back hurting this but also the NHRA races being back to back weekends before these two. Hope they all do well.

Posts: 46 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:

Yes Mike, my plan is to run the Classic race then tow on up to Vegas for their T-Day race. Have rooms reserved for both races and if nothing goes wrong in Bakersfield I'll load up and head North......Don't want to miss any of the VERY few west coast races...lol
I was thinking of running the divisional at Famoso also, but I just couldn't warm up to the thought of running an nhra race after 10 yrs away...Plus I'd have to slow the car down 2-3 seconds to run S/C there

Dave

F J B

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Dave,

This is the best I can do, below is the link to last year's Flyer. They have always followed the same format.

https://www.lvms.com/documents...onals--docs_2021.pdf

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Dave,

This is the best I can do, below is the link to last year's Flyer. They have always followed the same format.

https://www.lvms.com/documents...onals--docs_2021.pdf

Thanks bud....

Dave

F J B

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to running this race, it's been 4 or 5 years since attending.

The plan is to run the Geezer & Non-Electronics Gambler, then the 4 daily races. That should make for a lot of racing! Big Grin

I'm a still

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Vegas Thanksgiving race is on hold, but not cancelled yet. There will be no pre-entry for the event if it happens; pay at the gate. This is due to the track glue shortage & the Manager is trying to secure the glue. This is not looking good with 3 major events occurring before this race! Eek

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fuc, I can't catch a break.....well never mind about the turbo stuff BK.....
I guess I'm going to buy a street car so I can get my speed fix...
Or just move and hope some family follows lol

Dave

F J B

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Fuc, I can't catch a break.....well never mind about the turbo stuff BK.....
I guess I'm going to buy a street car so I can get my speed fix...
Or just move and hope some family follows lol

HP,

I'm keeping hope on the race happening & looking at racing the Street Car Super Nationals the week before.

BK

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Latest word on the Thanksgiving race, is a decision will be made on or around Nov. 10th.

2BKing Eek

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I wonder if that means a decision to run it over Thanksgiving or weeks later or at all?

The more time they can give the easier it is to plan for......Rooms, time off work, truck/car/trailer/ME prepped etc etc........
Hopefully it's at least a couple weeks notice...

Dave

F J B