DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    They will never take American's guns
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

They will never take American's guns
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
I have heard this from a lot of left winger. Seems they are wrong or just lying again.
https://www.gunsamerica.com/l/...FridayDigest_287.htm

Read to bottom where she claims calls against her are racial. Not like a black prosecute going after white cpl defending their home from group of BLM supporters.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
my wife and I went to the local court house yesterday to apply for a gun permit. I have not bought a hand gun in many years. there was a line waiting to get a permit and took probably 20 minutes to get one. when we turned it in the lady says it will be two to three weeks to get it back because of the back log. I asked her had there been an increase in permit request where she answered yes. she said that because of the fear that joe biden will win the election and all of the anti-police and blm sh1t going on around the country they have been swamped. which is why we went to get one as well. also we are getting our concealed carry as well while we are still able to do so.

ep-

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Next to impossible for a law abiding citizen to get a carry permit in MD.

quote:
Maryland has a duty to retreat law which requires people who are outside of their home to retreat or avoid danger if possible before using deadly force to defend themselves. There is no duty to retreat inside one’s home.

quote:
Wear and Carry Permits may be issued to any adult (18 years of age or over) who meets the following criteria:

1-An applicant between 18 and 21 years of age may only be issued a wear and carry permit to possess a regulated firearm required for employment. - P.S. 5-133 (d)(2)(v)

2-Has not been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor for which a sentence of imprisonment for more than one year has been imposed; or convicted of a criminal offense for which you could have been sentenced to more than 2 years incarceration.

3-Has not been convicted of a crime involving the possession, use, or distribution of a controlled dangerous substance;

4-Is not presently an alcoholic, addict, or habitual user of a controlled dangerous substance unless under legitimate medical direction;

5-Based on an investigation, has not exhibited a propensity for violence or instability that may reasonably render the person’s possession of a handgun a danger to the person or others;

6-Has a good and substantial reason​ to wear, carry, or transport a handgun, such as finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution against danger.

7-As of October 1, 2013, has successfully completed the Maryland State Police approved firearms training course within 2 years prior to submitting the original or renewal application.

Just because there is a threat to your life here does not mean you can use deadly force to protect yourself.

Options for "good and substantial" are as follows:

quote:
Please select the Category(ies) most applicable to your current application.

1-Owner or Employee of a Business - Submit photocopies of a Trader's License, Business License, or other legal document to prove the existence of the business or organization.

2-Federal Employees or Contractors - Who possess an active “Top Secret” or higher security clearance.

3-Assumed Risk Positions - Correctional Officers, Judges, State’s Attorney, Assistant State’s Attorney, and Elected Officials.

4-Active or Former Law Enforcement - Law Enforcement (Active, Retired, or Resigned in good standing from a recognized law enforcement agency)

5-Private Detective / Security Guard / Special or Railroad Police / Armored Car Driver or Guard - All applicants who are employed as Private Detectives, Security Guards, Special Police, and Railroad Police, must submit a certification of qualification with a handgun from a Maryland State Police Certified Handgun Instructor on an MSP form. A copy of the form letter supporting “good and substantial reasons,” ownership of weapon, and location where the weapon will be maintained is also required. (This form can be obtained from your employer).

6-Personal Protection / Category Not Listed Above - There must be documented evidence of recent threats, robberies, and/or assaults, supported by official police reports or notarized statements from witnesses.

Starting in October, all long guns will now require a State Police or an FFL transfer and 7 day waiting period the same as regulated firearms here in MD.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 741 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Tom I moved out of there about 15 years ago. The same bunch of democrats keep getting elected. Nice place to be from, far from!

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hanover, MD

It's always interesting to see how far people can be pushed before they take action. Some people standing inline at Auschwitz never did. There is currently a 3 week wait for a 1-way U-Haul outbound from the state of Illinois.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
To purchase a regulated firearm, you have to have a HQL (handgun qualifier license) which requires an 8 hour class, get fingerprinted and back ground check. I had no problem getting my HQL and if its helps some pansy snowflake sleep at night, so be it. I even went and got my "collector status" so I can purchase more than 1 firearm per 30 days. (Another dumb rule here in MD)

But these criminals here, I mean they refuse to go thru the process to legally obtain a gun. They don't even buy guns in stores or do legal transfers for that matter. Can you imagine that?? I mean, they don't follow the laws or anything. Who knew...

Didn't think of that

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 741 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
But these criminals here, I mean they refuse to go thru the process to legally obtain a gun.

It's always easier to hassle the legitimate citizen. They hassle tens of thousands at airports but leave the boarder open. They let serious criminals out of prison to avoid covid but they'll jail the citizen for not wearing a mask. They'll arrest the citizen for not having a hunting or fishing license but won't prosecute illegals. You know the game.

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Yes, of course they are coming for your firearms. Will they ever actually get around to yours ? That will probably come down to depending on how many more years you have to live... or how high your profile is. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
yea . I heard you can by a unfinished lower reciever and all the parts and with little maching work build your own ar 15 or ar 10.No paper work. If I was to do that I would get the ar 15 rifle.ar10 rifle in 7mm-08 and a ar 15 pistol for starters.Since Bidden is already talking about them. I might buy 3 or 4 extra lowers and have them to start others later.

I heard the machine work is not much and you can even buy the jigs and one setup uses a router. I heard this and might need to investigate it.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
^^^^^All of that is true. They are not that hard to do.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
Go look at what they are doing in Canada today...PM Zoolander with a stroke of a pen has increased the disarmament of Canada 100 fold.

Read this story from the year 2000. When Canada went to forced registration of ALL guns...ALL as in every single gun you own.

https://www.nraila.org/article...egistration-equals-c

NOW look at what Canada is doing today

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politi...asures-ban-1.5552131

They started with 1500 types and models of guns that are illegal to own on May 1st 2020....Here we are in mid July and they have modified the list to include 9300 guns on the banned list.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bubbletop409
posted Hide Post
A Colt model 1911 has served our nation for over 100 years faithfully and is my choice as a personal defense weapon.

Larry
62 Bel-Air 409
79 Cole TR-2 SunsetRaceCraft 565 RIP TRACY
260 Eliminator Eagle XP HP500EFI
NO MO BOMA
WELL DONE USN SEAL TEAM 6
Proud Deplorable

Posts: 60 | Location: Castro Valley, CA State of Insanity | Registered: August 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Lovely.

Going after the liberal boogieman when your rights have been under assault by the current administration for years.

Posts: 14 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
yea . I heard you can by a unfinished lower reciever and all the parts and with little maching work build your own ar 15 or ar 10.No paper work. If I was to do that I would get the ar 15 rifle.ar10 rifle in 7mm-08 and a ar 15 pistol for starters.Since Bidden is already talking about them. I might buy 3 or 4 extra lowers and have them to start others later.

I heard the machine work is not much and you can even buy the jigs and one setup uses a router. I heard this and might need to investigate it.

3D printing lower receivers is the way to go today Actually you can print most of the parts now.

Ready to assemble right from the printer.
You can make a long gun or short gun or a pistol from one. And if you have to use it...you can throw it on the ground when you are done and never have it traced back to you.

Burt

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bubbletop409:
A Colt model 1911 has served our nation for over 100 years faithfully and is my choice as a personal defense weapon.

When the shyte hits the fan...

Personal defense is a joke when you have to let a person get close enough that they can shoot you before you can shoot.

Burt

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
When we answer the door at 3:00 a.m. and some pony-tailed twenty something girl with a badge and accompanied by thirty federal agents- all armed with fully automatic weapons and surrounding our property announces she is here to collect all our firearms pursuant to recently passed legislation, I predict we will all submit just like we did when we cravenly surrendered our First Amendment rights and submitted to essentially House Arrest due to a flu outbreak.
Resist and wind up in a jail or a grave- your choice.

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SS427IMP:
When we answer the door at 3:00 a.m. and some pony-tailed twenty something girl with a badge and accompanied by thirty federal agents- all armed with fully automatic weapons and surrounding our property announces she is here to collect all our firearms pursuant to recently passed legislation, I predict we will all submit just like we did when we cravenly surrendered our First Amendment rights and submitted to essentially House Arrest due to a flu outbreak.
Resist and wind up in a jail or a grave- your choice.

I don't believe rural America will be so willing to comply as the cities and suburbia.

Burt

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
When we answer the door at 3:00 a.m. and some pony-tailed twenty something girl with a badge...

You are not required to answer the door for law enforcement, and they need a specific search warrant to enter your home. Unless of course you're fool enough to allow them to enter. I would hope word had gotten around and you would have hidden your guns. If you do answer the door or they do force their way in you have the right to remain silent, period. But that's just me.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
While I can not 00% positive say what will happen at that point and you can't either unless you are there.

I do not plan to go easily and probably not alive. No I am not a bad azz who has no fear. I am a stubborn SOB and have proven it many times. I am not scared of dying. You will be dead and not know it.I believe,also never been dead. I have gotten close cpl times and pushed the limit quit a few.

I don't plan to fight from inside house. I also think having multiple stash's of fire power is good idea. Give up what they can get thats almost useless. Go get real stuff and fight back. No naive enough to think I can win that battle alone,but figure to make dent in other side and if possible a HUGE dent.

Lots of bad things in that situation. One will be who are you fighting? Just look at blm and antifa. Hard to tell who is on what side. Guess if wearing hood and mask chances are not on my side?

Will come down to 3 F's. Family,friends and f--k um.

Does not look the best,but hey things change.Just rarely for the good.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
The BIG issues is they do NOT need to take the guns.
They don't NEED any NEW LAWS.
This can be done at the stroke of a pen by the president.

Read Beto's (Bidens gun policy maker) cure for gun violence, very simple.
He is going to "Federally" tax ammo at something like $50-$60 per box.
No ammo, no shootings.

This is similar to AOC's (Bidens Energy czar) to fix Climate Change.
She is going to "Federally" tax ALL fossil fuel products, i.e. gasoline $6.00 per gallon tax on top of what we pay now. They will use that $$ to create solar/wind etc.

Her reasoning is if France can charge $10.00 a gallon so can the US.
Her goal, by 2030 NO fossil fuel vehicles at ALL.
By 2050 NO use of fossil fuel PERIOD, i.e. Natural Gas, Home Heating Oil, Propane, etc.

Just Google it and read it for yourself.
It will scare the crap out of you.

VOTE TRUMP 2020

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post