New
Find
Notify
Tools

China is wining
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Trump said in Waco Texas last night with 50,000 in attendance.

We either defeat the deep state, or this country will slide off into the abyss of lawlessness.

Trump has also said he may be assassinated, Trump said that's ok too, I'll be martyr.

Look into it, I just listened to the speech in Waco.

DeSantis people are telling him to drop out before he even announces he's running.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Does anyone beside me listen to what Trump says?

Smile

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ Agreed, poor advice knowing what we know now. I didn’t take it.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
4 reasons why China is fast becoming the dominant power in the world.

The argument they won't: China isn’t made of superpower stuff.

Government intervention stifles potential
Soaring economic growth isn’t enough to propel a country into superpower status. China’s financial system lacks credibility, as it is largely underdeveloped and subject to government meddling. Additionally, the financial sector rarely provides investors with real, profitable returns, and has been accused of limiting competition. For example, Uber failed in China after government preferences for state-owned enterprises gave Chinese rideshare company Didi a competitive edge. Although China has pledged to soon allow more foreign investment to counter said accusations, the level of government involvement in the economy overall puts China out of the running in the superpower race.

The world isn’t on board

China needs global support to become a superpower, which it lacks in the current political climate. Take currency: Part of America’s rise to power was due to the post-WWII Bretton Woods Conference of 1944, in which delegates from around the world agreed that exchange rates would be rooted in gold, with the US dollar being the reserve currency. This rendered the dollar the most important currency in the world, and as a result, the US became the world’s foundation for economic stability. China, however, doesn’t have the trust that the world showed the US after WWII, as evidenced by the fact that the yuan isn’t up for candidacy as the world’s reserve currency; its persistent adherence away from Western ideals will keep the world at large from getting too close.

Problems at home

China’s current population of over one billion people puts a large strain on its natural resources. Efforts to curb explosive growth – such as the one-child policy, which had been in place for over 30 years – have backfired, resulting in an aging population that’s predominantly male. Much of China’s youth has gone abroad to seek opportunity, and China’s labor force is shrinking as a result. While their middle class may be growing rapidly, the income inequality outside of big cities is rampant by unparalleled standards. Until China’s demographics are adjusted to reflect a more balanced society across age, genders and socioeconomic status, their rise to superpower status is likely to be nonexistent.

https://www.businessinsider.co...as-superpower-2018-6

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
quote:

Smile

I listened to what Trump had to say, was well aware of what he said. I didn't pay attention to his advise.

I'll listen to what anyone has to say, just because I listen, doesn't mean I'll act.

I'll listen to anyone, example Q anon trust the plan, I listened to that for months if not years knowing it was a psyop. Still listened.

The interesting thing that is happening currently now is, everyone is the new Alex Jones... Elon Musk, Joe Rogan, Tucker Carlson, Glenn Beck, DeSantis, Trump.

They're all saying the same things Alex Jones said ten, fifteen, even twenty years ago.... I was listening then too.

The info that is uncomfortable to hear, is the info you need to hear.

I'll listen to anyone, I don't need cozy warm and fuzzy words. Cozy, warm and fuzzy, are words con men speak.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Democrat Jimmy Dore... The next Alex Jones.

This guy is great, all this Madcap libtard madness and treachery is like shooting fish in a barrel for Jimmy Dore.

If you're into Libtard corruption Jimmy Dore is the one to subscribe to.

The next Alex Jones.... Jimmy Dore

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
WINNING is spelled with 2 N's......

Just for the record....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Smile

I generally listen to what Trump has to say,but I wanted no part of that vaccine.

That being said,it is absolutely stunning the amount of people that say Trump is a 100% liar and fraud.They would NEVER do anything that he recommended,yet they were the first to run out and get the vaccine and booster,after booster,after booster.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
What happened to people? Good damn question. It must be the shyt they spray the sky's with.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We're definitely not in Kansas anymore.

There's no place like Home Eh?

Trump 2024

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
https://www.paulcraigroberts.o...-paul-craig-roberts/

https://www.paulcraigroberts.o...e-industrialization/

And people wonder what happened to local bracket racing.

China is winning by design, that's what happened to local bracket racing,,,, duh.

The De-industrialization of the United States of America.

That's what happened to everything.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
4 reasons why China is fast becoming the dominant power in the world.

The argument they won't: China isn’t made of superpower stuff.

Government intervention stifles potential
Soaring economic growth isn’t enough to propel a country into superpower status. China’s financial system lacks credibility, as it is largely underdeveloped and subject to government meddling. Additionally, the financial sector rarely provides investors with real, profitable returns, and has been accused of limiting competition. For example, Uber failed in China after government preferences for state-owned enterprises gave Chinese rideshare company Didi a competitive edge. Although China has pledged to soon allow more foreign investment to counter said accusations, the level of government involvement in the economy overall puts China out of the running in the superpower race.

The world isn’t on board

China needs global support to become a superpower, which it lacks in the current political climate. Take currency: Part of America’s rise to power was due to the post-WWII Bretton Woods Conference of 1944, in which delegates from around the world agreed that exchange rates would be rooted in gold, with the US dollar being the reserve currency. This rendered the dollar the most important currency in the world, and as a result, the US became the world’s foundation for economic stability. China, however, doesn’t have the trust that the world showed the US after WWII, as evidenced by the fact that the yuan isn’t up for candidacy as the world’s reserve currency; its persistent adherence away from Western ideals will keep the world at large from getting too close.

Problems at home

China’s current population of over one billion people puts a large strain on its natural resources. Efforts to curb explosive growth – such as the one-child policy, which had been in place for over 30 years – have backfired, resulting in an aging population that’s predominantly male. Much of China’s youth has gone abroad to seek opportunity, and China’s labor force is shrinking as a result. While their middle class may be growing rapidly, the income inequality outside of big cities is rampant by unparalleled standards. Until China’s demographics are adjusted to reflect a more balanced society across age, genders and socioeconomic status, their rise to superpower status is likely to be nonexistent.

https://www.businessinsider.co...as-superpower-2018-6

1. "Government intervention stifles potential" True, and none is worse at that right now than our own Government. They want to tax he!! out of businesses and all rich people. Then let millions in across the border for us to feed and support so they will be loyal supporters to the regime.

2. "The World is not onboard" China is buying land and Businesses in Africa, South America and even here in America. They are working with Russia, North Korea and many others. They are dumping billions into Countries and America is losing support from them rapidly while getting onboard with China.

3. "Problems at home" China does have some problems at home but they are no worse than here and rest of the World knows it even if our Media will not talk about it. Just because our Media is Democrat owned and will not talk about it does not mean problem does not exist it does. Feel free to walk around Chicago, Detroit, San Francisco or any other major Democrat ran city after dark.
China has over 1 billion people. They do not look at that as a problem but as an asset. They are trying to get all of them to work and use them to take over the World economically. They have set a goal and are working on it.

China is doing exactly what America did after the World War 2. They are going to all of these Countries and spending billions to help them grow and protect them. In return they get their support on issues against other countries like us. It worked for us and it is working for China. Is China winning? Maybe not right now but as they gain power in all of South America and Africa and are strengthening their alliances with Russia, North Korea, Iran is is obvious they are going for the long game. This discussion right here will be totally different in 10 or 20 years and some will say "I told you so" while others will be slaves to the regime.

We have problems with our own Government and China and rest of the World likes it and knows it. China is investing big time in their Future and America is putting everything on Credit cards and can not afford the interest rates that are coming. China is paying cash up front, America is spending money we do not have.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4020 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
https://www.paulcraigroberts.o...e-industrialization/
My Ignored Warnings of American De-industrialization
April 18, 2023 | Categories: Articles & Columns | Tags: | Print This Article Print This Article
My Ignored Warnings of American De-industrialization

Paul Craig Roberts

How Junk Economists Help The Rich Impoverish The Working Class

January 28, 2014

Last week, I explained how economists and policymakers destroyed our economy for the sake of short-term corporate profits from jobs offshoring and financial deregulation.

http://www.paulcraigroberts.or...-paul-craig-roberts/

That same week Business Week published an article, “Factory Jobs Are Gone. Get Over It,” by Charles Kenny. http://www.businessweek.com/ar...mployment-inequality Kenny expresses the view of establishment economists, such as Brookings Institute economist Justin Wolfers who wants to know “What’s with the political fetish for manufacturing? Are factories really so awesome?”

“Not really,” Kenny says. Citing Eric Fisher of the Cleveland Federal Reserve Bank, Kenny reports that wages rise most rapidly in those states that most quickly abandon manufacturing. Kenny cites Gary Hufbauer, once an academic colleague of mine now at the Peterson Institute, who claims that the 2009 tariffs applied to Chinese tire imports cost US consumers $1 billion in higher prices and 3,731 lost retail jobs. Note the precision of the jobs loss, right down to the last 31.

In support of the argument that Americans are better off without manufacturing jobs, Kenny cites MIT and Harvard academic economists to the effect that there is no evidence that manufacturing tends to cluster, thus disputing the view that there are economies from manufacturers tending to congregate in the same areas where they benefit from an experienced work force and established supply chains.

Perhaps the MIT and Harvard economists did their study after US manufacturing centers became shells of their former selves and Detroit lost 25% of its population, Gary Indiana lost 22% of its population, Flint Michigan lost 18% of its population, Cleveland lost 17% of its population, and St Louis lost 20% of its population. If the economists’ studies were done after manufacturing had departed, they would not find manufacturing concentrated in locations where it formerly flourished. MIT and Harvard economists might find this an idea too large to comprehend.

Kenny’s answer to the displaced manufacturing workers is–you guessed it–jobs training. He cites MIT economist David Autor who thinks the problem is the federal government only spends $1 on retraining for every $400 that it spends on supporting displaced workers.

These arguments are so absurd as to be mindless. Let’s examine them. What jobs are the displaced manufacturing workers to be trained for? Why, service jobs, of course. Kenny actually thinks that “service industries–hotels, hospitals, media, and accounting–have taken up the slack.” (I don’t know where he gets media and accounting from; scant sign of such jobs are found in the payroll jobs reports.) Moreover, service jobs have certainly not taken up the slack as the rising rate of long-term unemployment and declining labor force participation rate prove.

Nontradable service sector jobs such as hotel maids, hospital orderlies, retail clerks, waitresses and bartenders are low productivity, low value-added jobs that cannot pay incomes comparable to manufacturing jobs. The long term decline in real median family income relates to the movement offshore of manufacturing jobs and tradable professional service jobs, such as software engineering, IT, research and design.

Moreover, domestic service jobs do not produce exportable goods and services. A country without manufactures has little with which to earn foreign exchange in order to pay for its imports of its shoes, clothing, manufactured goods, high-technology products, Apple computers, and increasingly food. Therefore, that country’s trade deficit widens as each year it owes more and more to foreigners.

A country whose best known products are fraudulent and toxic financial instruments and GMO foods that no one wants cannot pay for its imports except by signing over its existing assets. The foreigners buy up US assets with their trade surpluses. Consequently, income from rents, interest, dividends, capital gains, and profits leave US pockets for foreign pockets. It is a safe bet that Hufbauer did not include any of these costs, or maybe even the loss of US tire workers’ wages and tire manufacturers’ profits, when he concluded that trying to save US tire manufacturing jobs cost more than it was worth.

Eric Fisher’s argument that the highest wage growth is found in areas where higher productivity manufacturing jobs are most rapidly replaced with lower productivity domestic service jobs is beyond absurd. (Possibly Fisher did not say this; I’m taking Kenny’s word for it.) It has always been a foundation of labor economics that workers are paid the value of their contribution to output. Manufacturing employees working with technology embodied in plant and equipment produce more value per man hour than maids changing sheets and bartenders mixing drinks.

In my book, The Failure of Laissez Faire Capitalism And Economic Dissolution Of The West (2013), I point out the obvious mistakes in “studies” by Matthew Slaughter, a former member of the President’s Council of Economic Advisors, and Harvard professor Michael Porter. These academic economists conclude on the basis of extraordinary errors and ignorance of empirical facts, that jobs offshoring is good for Americans. They were able to reach this conclusion despite the absence of any visibility of this good, and they hold to this absurd conclusion despite the inability of a “recovery” (or lack of one) that is 4.5 years old to get off the ground and get employment back up to where it was six years ago. They hold to their “education is the answer” solution despite the growing percentage of university graduates who cannot find employment.

Michael Hudson is certainly correct to call economists purveyors of “junk economics.” Indeed, I wonder if economists even have junk value. But they are well paid by Wall Street and the offshoring corporations.

What the Brookings Institute’s Justin Wolfers needs to ask himself is: what is the redefinition of economic development? For my lifetime the definition of a developed economy is an industrialized economy. It has always been “the industrialized countries” that occupy the status of “developed economies,” contrasted with “undeveloped countries,” “developing countries,” and “emerging economies.” How is an economy developed if it is shedding its industry and manufacturing? This is the reverse of the development process. Without realizing it, Kenny describes the unravelling of the US economy when he describes the decline of US manufacturing from 28 percent of US GDP in 1953 to 12% in 2012. The US now has the work force of a third world country, with the vast bulk of the population employed in lowly paid domestic services. The US work force no longer looks like the work force of a developed country. It looks like third world India’s work force of three decades ago.

Kenny and junk economists speak of the decline of US manufacturing jobs as if they are not being offshored to countries where labor is cheap but replaced by automation. No doubt there has been automation, and more ways of replacing humans with machines will be found. But if manufacturing jobs are things of the past, why is China’s sudden and rapid rise to economic power accompanied by 100 million manufacturing jobs? Apple computers are not made in China by robots. If robots are making Apple computers, it would be just as cheap to make the computers in the US. The Chinese manufacturing workforce is almost the size of the entire US work force.

US companies employ Americans to market the products that are produced abroad for sale in the US. This is why US corporations employ Americans mainly in service jobs. Foreigners make the goods, and Americans sell them.

Economic development has always been about acquiring the capital, technology, business knowledge, and trained workforce to make valuable things that can be sold at home and abroad. US capital and technology are being located abroad, and the trained domestic workforce is disappearing from disuse and abandonment. The US is falling out of the ranks of the industrialized countries and is on the path to becoming an undeveloped economy.

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Impossible to compete with any nation when our dementia addled leader's puppet master is working day and night to DESTROY THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
Impossible to compete with any nation when our dementia addled leader's puppet master is working day and night to DESTROY THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA!

Well he's Right you know.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4020 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post

Posts: 743 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Great find Tom! Very interesting!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
No matter if a person chose to vaccinate or not you have to believe most people meant well for there selves and family.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post