DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    A radical idea to finish a race day sooner
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A radical idea to finish a race day sooner
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
wanna speed it up? one time run for the weekend no matter how many races. one car , one entry , one buyback. no race in race bs . a thousand things could speed it ......

1970's America, no gimmicks.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
To start with let's stop the top sportsmen burnouts for doorcars. No 6.50 car on the planet needs to burn across the line. I remember a time when burnout across the line in anything but a piperack was illegal... And could get you kicked. Easiest way to speed it up is do away with the re entry round. Buy back roll into round 2. You eliminate hours of buyback racing.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1401 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
wanna speed it up? one time run for the weekend no matter how many races. one car , one entry , one buyback. no race in race bs . a thousand things could speed it ......

I mean where have you been. Big money/ big events already does this.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1401 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
With every recession, the gymnastics / gimmicks get more elaborate.

Across the board, not just racing.

As purchasing power diminishes, relative inflation.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of regal
posted Hide Post
On local races every class should start with 2 time runs back to back and hot lap the class until it’s over then run the next class. Way more fun, way less time wasted in between classes, this is bracket racing not comp eliminator. Also, for sure raise the entry and cut buy backs. Doubles are fine but not separated and not waiting on them. Most racers now days are way to soft for this style and will use the excuse of “I’m not burning my equipment up.”

Chris Walters

Posts: 120 | Location: New Whiteland,Indiana | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That running the doubles against each other to me is a rip off for those doubled as each and every pair one who paid to double loses one of their entries. I never double but I get right up there with the doubles as I don't want to get stuck running someone that just made a pass. Then you win 1st round and sit for 3 hours while they run that stupid reentry business. You could write a book on how to speed up races.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
let's stop the top sportsmen burnouts for doorcars. No 6.50 car on the planet needs to burn across the line

When I run a box class that mixes door cars with dragsters, I run into this problem often. If I’m following 3 dragsters in front of me, they do that special drag the water 10’ -20’ or more out from the box, slam on the brakes to skid the tires to a stop, and then mat it. When this happens, I roll through the box all the way to where the dragsters left that last pile of water and do my BO from there. This many times puts my 6.20 car across the starting line depending on the track.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: markemark,

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I never double but I get right up there with the doubles as I don't want to get stuck running someone that just made a pass.

Agreed. The Fling created a way to keep this from happening that works well imho.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Here at Bandimere, sometimes the car counts are what dictates the hours, well, pretty much all the time they do. They don't **** around getting things rolling. If you aren't ready, you don't go, simple as that. They will have two cars at the stop sign, two in the water box, and two on the start line to keep things moving...two time trials and then eliminations. Nothing stops or slows down until they finish...

I'd like to see buybacks here, but we don't do that. You either win, or go home....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1468 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
Here at Bandimere, sometimes the car counts are what dictates the hours, well, pretty much all the time they do. They don't **** around getting things rolling. If you aren't ready, you don't go, simple as that. They will have two cars at the stop sign, two in the water box, and two on the start line to keep things moving...two time trials and then eliminations. Nothing stops or slows down until they finish...

I'd like to see buybacks here, but we don't do that. You either win, or go home....

OMG! Eek I heard that was impossible! Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
let's stop the top sportsmen burnouts for doorcars. No 6.50 car on the planet needs to burn across the line

When I run a box class that mixes door cars with dragsters, I run into this problem often. If I’m following 3 dragsters in front of me, they do that special drag the water 10’ -20’ or more out from the box, slam on the brakes to skid the tires to a stop, and then mat it. When this happens, I roll through the box all the way to where the dragsters left that last pile of water and do my BO from there. This many times puts my 6.20 car across the starting line depending on the track.

That's exactly right, the dragsters drag the water box closer & closer to the starting line, nearly every pair in a lot of cases.

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:

1/4 mile racing as well vs 1/8 mile! A lost art these days!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Most of the younger crowd have never ran 1/4 mile, don’t know what they’re missing. I wish 1000’ would take off. Get a little more speed but still have adequate shut down on shorter tracks.

Coming from driving a dragster, I often wonder why some guys pull 30’ out of water, back up, then pull another 30’ out.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I Hate Dragsters:
Most of the younger crowd have never ran 1/4 mile, don’t know what they’re missing. I wish 1000’ would take off. Get a little more speed but still have adequate shut down on shorter tracks.

Coming from driving a dragster, I often wonder why some guys pull 30’ out of water, back up, then pull another 30’ out.

Here in Texas and surrounding states everyone is running 1/8 mile now for bracket racing. I miss running 1/4 mile and would like to try 1000 foot racing to. Both 1/8 and 1/4 mile are fun but they have different challenges.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post