DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Mixing classes and deep staging.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mixing classes and deep staging.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Once a FB car gets merged into TOP the FB car will no longer be allowed to DEEP stage.

quote:
Why should someone "allow" someone else to deepstage? The deepstager has to get his "business" done on their own.Your opponent isn't obligated to "let" you stage first because of your additional handicap in bracket racing.

Why wouldn't you ??? Honest question, why not ??? No one ever said you have to let the deep guy stage first, they said after you mix you can no longer go deep.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 2doggs
posted Hide Post
Once they mix, no deep stage, no cross talk. Then see who *****es the loudest LOL

Why do you ask, 2doggs racing??????

Posts: 43 | Location: Grand Jct., CO | Registered: October 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Personally, I think merging the two classes for King of the Hill once a month would inject a little excitement. There is absolutely NO LOGICAL REASON why these 2 classes can't face off and still allow deep staging. However, the IHRA rep I spoke to was adamant about the no deep stage rule. To me, a real head scratcher. Wouldn't you want to "GROW" the sport and not discourage footbrakers?

Posts: 79 | Location: Mooresville, nc | Registered: October 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 62Galaxie:
Personally, I think merging the two classes for King of the Hill once a month would inject a little excitement. There is absolutely NO LOGICAL REASON why these 2 classes can't face off and still allow deep staging. However, the IHRA rep I spoke to was adamant about the no deep stage rule. To me, a real head scratcher. Wouldn't you want to "GROW" the sport and not discourage footbrakers?

allow deep staging, but keep autostart on

Posts: 785 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
At these events, if someone accidentally rolls it in deep in TOP, are they DQd before the tree drops?

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of deadon1578
posted Hide Post
Tom, Dave congrates on a good day of racing, I was there but my stupid self messed with the tune-up,,dah! Mitch Willingham 97 Monte Carlo

Posts: 46 | Location: md | Registered: July 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
62 if you were talking to Josh Peake you were wasting your breath. I don't know if he don't understand or just don't care. He does everything he can to discourage deep stagers and has for a long time.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
- If they hold the tree for the deep stager, the Box car gets a long tree.
- If they don't hold the tree for the deep stager, then one of the following can happen:
--- Deep car gets in before the Box car: everything functions normally
--- Box car gets in before the Deep car: Deep car gets quick-treed and/or turns the pre-stage out just before the top bulb fires, causing the Box driver to flinch.

IF everyone agreed to the deep car staging first (AND doing so in a timely manner), it could work. Unfortunately, all it takes is one unsportsmanlike driver on either side to screw one, the other, or both drivers.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
And no matter what each driver must look out for himself and if someone has to get the shaft then make sure it isn't you. When drivers don't try to take advantage when deep is involved it usually works but when the Div director requires courtesy staging the deep guy is at a disadvantage every time, unless he is smart.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post