DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Mixing classes and deep staging.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mixing classes and deep staging.
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I wanted to attend an race that was to include TOP and FB. They were to be separated until there was only one car left in FB or TOP and then that last car merged with the other class. Once a FB car gets merged into TOP the FB car will no longer be allowed to DEEP stage. I couldn't understand why the FB car had to BOW to the TOP class rules. Why not let the FB car go deep. It would have no effect on the TOP car. Why do they insist on this. I would have entered but if lucky enough to merge into TOP, I'd have no chance.

Posts: 80 | Location: Mooresville, nc | Registered: October 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
All you crybabys about going in deep, what are you driving? Steam locamotives?

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Dave Raser
posted Hide Post
What about ...... if you went far enough to be paired with the Top cars ...... then, stage 'deep', and then back up a hair to light the 'pre-stage bulb'. Put a little more air in the back tires (or up a hair on the rpm's) ... Viola! Problem solved for both parties. Note: I'm hoping 'that putting back in forward gear would be considered 'forward motion' .... or maybe, bump a hair for 'that scenario'.

Just a suggestion ..... good luck.

And yes ...... I would wonder too, what the reason for not allowing 'deep' to 'continue'.

Dave

Posts: 1903 | Location: penna. | Registered: January 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Back up into the beams and see what happens.

Posts: 1458 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Raser:
What about ...... if you went far enough to be paired with the Top cars ...... then, stage 'deep', and then back up a hair to light the 'pre-stage bulb'. Put a little more air in the back tires (or up a hair on the rpm's) ... Viola! Problem solved for both parties. Note: I'm hoping 'that putting back in forward gear would be considered 'forward motion' .... or maybe, bump a hair for 'that scenario'.

Just a suggestion ..... good luck.

And yes ...... I would wonder too, what the reason for not allowing 'deep' to 'continue'.

Dave

Years ago, I was deep staging a dragster at our home track. Boy did it mess up the starter and autostart in Top. The next week they made a rule, no Deep staging in Top.

You didn't have any problems on our run at Mason?

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
They keep working at it and foot brake will be gone, then make no box impossible and only have one class to fool with, then get rid of door cars---its progress

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of shooter66
posted Hide Post
Dont see why this is so difficult to grasp....let the Deep guy go in completely and get set...then the top guy can go in. Its really that simple...and no one gets screwed because all parties understand how its going to work.

www.BTEracing.com
M&M Chassis Craft
Mickey Thompson Tires

Oldani Motorsports Transmissions

Posts: 5287 | Location: Chitown  | Registered: February 28, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shooter66:
Dont see why this is so difficult to grasp....let the Deep guy go in completely and get set...then the top guy can go in. Its really that simple...and no one gets screwed because all parties understand how its going to work.

Mixed classes 2 weeks ago. Super vs Pro. This is my normal procedure when racing someone going deep. (They had me dialed wrong with a "-")

https://youtu.be/Nmvz6dlhL0s

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You have the wrong car for the advertised race. You did the right thing, don't attend.

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What Shooter says,its simple,its called a courtesy starter and why should a footbraker have to go by box rules in this situation ,common sense .

Posts: 1015 | Location: LIVERMORE CA. | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BLIND MULE 2217
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shooter66:
Dont see why this is so difficult to grasp....let the Deep guy go in completely and get set, Before you pre-stage ...then the top guy can go in. Its really that simple...and no one gets screwed because all parties understand how its going to work.

Fixed it for ya.

Posts: 354 | Location: Opelika AL, | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of shooter66
posted Hide Post
Thats what I meant....thanks Mule

www.BTEracing.com
M&M Chassis Craft
Mickey Thompson Tires

Oldani Motorsports Transmissions

Posts: 5287 | Location: Chitown  | Registered: February 28, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
The timing systems recognize that N by the dial means no cross talk, why not make them recognize a D next to the dial also means deep stage. The prestage bulb then does not count for the three bulb timer activation on that side. They are prestaged when they are staged, and staged when deep. Timer starts after car leaving on Top is either staged with both lights on, or the deep car turns the top bulb out.

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

slickvic@slickvicracing.com
www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Dave Raser
posted Hide Post
Hey Tom ...... nice you-tube video of our KOT race at Mason-Dixon, 2 wks ago. That was a good close race. Did 'metalhead' shoot that?

You even let me deepstage 'twice', before we ran! ..... Big Grin

Dave

Posts: 1903 | Location: penna. | Registered: January 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I attended a race that was outlined as you would want the race to be in the OP

this was the problem, the auto-start was turned off for the deep stager to get into the beams. Time slips read "stage at starters go"

I have no problems with the person deep staging and letting them continue to deep stage... but they should abide by the same auto-start rules

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
They were to be separated until there was only one car left in FB or TOP and then that last car merged with the other class. Once a FB car gets merged into TOP the FB car will no longer be allowed to DEEP stage.

So what happens when TOP gets to 1 before FB...Do they have to allow deep or are all the FB guys
remaining screwed?

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Raser:
Hey Tom ...... nice you-tube video of our KOT race at Mason-Dixon, 2 wks ago. That was a good close race. Did 'metalhead' shoot that?

You even let me deepstage 'twice', before we ran! ..... Big Grin

Dave

Yeah, Metal needed something to do to keep him occupied. He got your win too.

https://youtu.be/B23_KHnfZS0

72 Nova "Hooptie"

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Why should someone "allow" someone else to deepstage? The deepstager has to get his "business" done on their own.

Your opponent isn't obligated to "let" you stage first because of your additional handicap in bracket racing.

If your car is not set up to run with the Box class...that's on you...dont run said box class as the OP chose to do.

JMO

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Really?, Suppose we look at it from the other direction---the box car is now coming into the no box class. Now whos rules should we use.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Really?, Suppose we look at it from the other direction---the box car is now coming into the no box class. Now whos rules should we use.

Exactly!

When we did King Of The Track at E-Town all four classes "allowed" Deep Staging, three of them "honored" Deep Staging! Well, at least at the last one contested....

Anyway, if the Super Pro driver got to the final, then an agreement was made that the Deep Stager would be allowed to stage first if they wanted the tree held, then the Box Racer would stage. Never had a problem with this. If the Deep Stager didn't want any special treatment, that was also easy, just leave Auto Start on.

Seems people always wanna b!tch and moan about stuff while this sport slowly dies.....

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post