New
Find
Notify
Tools

Withdrawal
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
"March will also bring in a big bracket race at the GALOT Motorsports Park as well as the NMRA season opener in Florida. So here’s the point: Racing is going to happen! And that’s good news! I know I can’t wait."

https://dragracingedge.com/the-blog/withdrawal/

Posts: 154 | Location: Beaver Springs, PA | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well John I really withdrew. My old motor home had 75,000mi on it in Jan and now has 85,000. It had never been in a campground, only race tracks. But with no racing I hit the road seeing our country and only raced twice at Bristol and West Palm Beach. Bracket racing on the local level has about dried up here so I will do the same this year, Bristol and West Palm. It looks like specialty and big bucks races are alive and well IF you can take the time off work and afford the cost. But the $50, $100 weekly points race is about gone for those racers. I just hope everyone finds their happy place and supports those that support you.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I finally got the opportunity to run my car last Saturday (2/27/21) at Barona. That first pass was a "Twilight Zone" adventure but the second (5.08) felt somewhat normal. This was at a Renegade Series / Test and tune event with a turnout four times the normal car count. They also held a "Street Car" event Friday night and again had a huge car count. While tracks are closing across the Country Drag Racing is alive and well and doing just fine here in the San Diego area.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post