DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Contingency Sticker ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contingency Sticker ?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
What prep could one do to the painted surface prior to applying contingency stickers to make them easier to remove at the end of the year ??

Posts: 2448 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Friend used to put them on his t-shirt before putting them on his car. They seemed to come off pretty easy then.

Posts: 26 | Location: sw Ohio | Registered: August 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
x2 I put them on my shirt a few times and fold a corner.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 465 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Also, a good liberal coat of carnuba wax helps too.

Posts: 910 | Location: The problem with your gene pool is that there's no lifeguard... | Registered: April 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
you can stick them to that thin sheet magnet, trim to fit. I don't know where to buy the magnetic sheets but I've seen it on a couple of nice cars. they stay put. just a idea

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:
you can stick them to that thin sheet magnet, trim to fit. I don't know where to buy the magnetic sheets but I've seen it on a couple of nice cars. they stay put. just a idea

Just not on a dragster.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6380 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
yeah I thought about that after I posted. it's a good idea on a steel car though.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
Stick them to a t shirt 3-4 times before sticking on the car. Use a little heat from a hair dryer or heat gun to remove.

Magnets won't stick to Bondo. Laughing Hard
(Sorry, my car is 50 years old)

Matt Ward

Posts: 1390 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:
yeah I thought about that after I posted. it's a good idea on a steel car though.

For sure

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6380 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
T-shirt or an old bath towel works too.

Posts: 134 | Location: Marion, TX | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post