DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Summit sales tax statement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Summit sales tax statement
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Did anyone receive a yearly sales statement from summit for sales tax or is this just a Pa. thing. Seems I owe the great state of taxolvania a couple hundred bucks in sales tax that Summit reported

I just want to live while Im alive

Posts: 44 | Location: in your closet | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bracketracer-78
posted Hide Post
Yep, i also got one.

Posts: 141 | Location: Stevens, PA | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
No, living in Georgia, the state collects theirs at the time of purchase. In person or online.

Posts: 485 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^ Wisconsin also.

Posts: 2433 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
Yep. Got mine. I wish they would take it out at the time of purchase.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Dave Raser
posted Hide Post
Yes. I call BULLSH*T!

First time ever in my 40+ yrs of racing.

I guess we can thank the great Govenor Wolf and his gang for finding another way to grab the middle class's money ........ what are they going to "fix", now. They sure as hell aren't using it very well to fix the lousy roads in our state.

I'd still like to know what happened to all the last Govenor's promises .. going back to Ed Randell .. saying that they were going to get rid of the "Property Tax". Yes .. I know ..... the 'typical' campaign promise to get elected.

I still just love when you have to report last year's Pa refund, as this year's income .... when it was already overpaid 'taxes' from the previous year.

Don't get me started ...... ooops ... too late ...... Roll Eyes

Dave

Posts: 1903 | Location: penna. | Registered: January 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You have to love the "COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA". They are going to get your money one way or the other. It would be nice if they took it out when you place the order. I still have no idea how they are able to collect taxes when you order from a company in Ohio?

Posts: 67 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
New law took affect late last year. If you sell online (normal guideline is) $100,000 or more to customers in that given state you are required to collect / report sales tax for that state.

SL...

Posts: 2099 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thing that pisses me off is they tax your money before you even get it, then they tax you when you try to spend whats left.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4440 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
State of California has had a State Sales Tax office open in each state since the early 1980's. How do I know? Cost me about $ 25,000.00 to pay sales tax that customers wouldn't pay when I sent a letter explaining they owed after they had receievd their items that were sent from a Mfgr. out of state That I had took the order. Found out the hard way.

Posts: 94 | Location: The Flatlands of Western Oklahoma! | Registered: August 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Brewer:
State of California has had a State Sales Tax office open in each state since the early 1980's. How do I know? Cost me about $ 25,000.00 to pay sales tax that customers wouldn't pay when I sent a letter explaining they owed after they had receievd their items that were sent from a Mfgr. out of state That I had took the order. Found out the hard way.

Besides the weather, is there anything good in California?

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sales and Use Tax
Every state that has a sales tax also has a use tax on the purchase of goods and services as defined by law. State sales taxes apply to purchases made in Maryland while the use tax refers to the tax on goods purchased out of state.

Businesses in Maryland are required to collect Maryland's 6 percent sales tax and or 9 percent alcoholic beverage tax from you whenever you make a taxable purchase.

Every time you purchase taxable tangible goods from businesses outside of Maryland, whether in person, over the phone, or on the Internet, the purchase is subject to Maryland's 6 percent use tax or 9 percent alcoholic beverage tax if you use the merchandise in Maryland. Maryland's use tax protects Maryland businesses from unfair competition. Local businesses would be at a competitive disadvantage if consumers were entitled to a 6 or 9 percent discount on items purchased from out of state businesses.

Most people do not claim their online purchases but are supposed to here in MD.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 733 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Dave Raser
posted Hide Post
"I-YI-YI"

What happens when you go to McDonalds in Newark, Delaware (no sales tax in Del.) ..... and wait 'till you get home in PA, to eat your 'Big Mac'!

"Come on man".................. GTFOOH!

Dave

Posts: 1903 | Location: penna. | Registered: January 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
quote:
Originally posted by John Brewer:

Besides the weather, is there anything good in California?

March Meet!

Posts: 94 | Location: The Flatlands of Western Oklahoma! | Registered: August 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
what are we supposed to do with letter, will the state send us a bill, or is this like the honor system

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SC4400
posted Hide Post
Welll, in Louisiana they send a copy to the state too. So, ignore it, and they will surely let you know! I'm betting Pa. has figured that out too. Here we have to pony up when we file our state income taxes.

RIP

It's a dangerous time in America. The communists are inside the gates.
Our survival is not guaranteed.

Posts: 790 | Location: Lake Charles La | Registered: January 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dragstermike:
You have to love the "COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA". They are going to get your money one way or the other. It would be nice if they took it out when you place the order. I still have no idea how they are able to collect taxes when you order from a company in Ohio?

Wayfair vs South Dakota

https://www.racked.com/2018/6/...preme-court-decision

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sr4440,

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of suprodn
posted Hide Post
This may help straight from summit website
https://help.summitracing.com/...ers/detail/a_id/5104

Posts: 63 | Location: Watchn my motor go boom on the dyno | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm still exempt. For now anyway.

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post