Notify
Tools

GM going EV
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eric Arnett:
Watch out all you panic meisters! A Tesla went to the semis in Super Pro and the quarters in Pro yesterday at Sacramento

Really? Can I assume it was stock? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Watch out all you panic meisters! A Tesla went to the semis in Super Pro and the quarters in Pro yesterday at Sacramento

That's nice.......

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
No mention of the cost to install equipment at home or the power grid to sustain this idiocy .

Posts: 1239 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hey E! How fast was it? I’m waiting for someone to unlock the technology in those cars. Not affected by the temp, baro, humidity etc and they have a pretty good aero package too. I think they will be racing each other before long.
Yes the track/ temp could be a factor but I’m sure he was in traction control. Will Dave foot the charging bill? Laughing Hard

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
They don't have the same variables to deal with but there is a limit based on their charge from what I've been told. There is a guy that races one locally 8th mile and it's fairly consistent until it slows up 10 all of a sudden. I'm sure if it becomes predictable it would be fine but I'm not sure how one could predict it. They also don't charge fast enough to avoid it.

Posts: 66 | Location: Glen Burnie | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Race 6 Results

The racer is Craig Merrilees (773C)

Posts: 81 | Location: Sacramento CA | Registered: November 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I agree with Big Cities commutes maybe...how and who pays for the infrastructure for 800V charger, lot of amperage no doubt). WHat about us in rural Iowa, your job might be an insurance adjuster, house claims, delivery person, you might live 100 miles from work. Around here it might be 30-degrees below zero, you slide off the road at night and it is too dangerous to get out the car and hopefully find a farm....how long will that battery keep you warm enough in the car to survive?
Way too many variables and I think they will be a novelty for the next 10 years in rural America. Whoever mentioned it is about "Government Subsidies" nailed it.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've ridden a Harley all around the USA, about 50k miles or so total so far. It gets about 40-45 mpg on average, and there are still times I get in a spot where I'm wondering if I'm going to run out of gas and be pushing in rural areas. Do you really think charging companies/stations will be able to accommodate what big oil hasn't been able too in the last 100 years? Highly doubtful!

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Race 6 Results

The racer is Craig Merrilees (773C)

Electric motors make max torque at zero rpm. How in the heck did they get that thing to generate dead on dial in traction? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
I saw one (Blue Tesla)at Piedmont at MB's Footbrake race, and iirc it went to 4th or 5th round, dialing 7.37. I saw it go dead on twice.

The massive amount of charging stations needed,will be the issue. The rep from Duke Energy here in NC has been telling me about the ridiculous amount of infrastructure they are trying to get into place. This will take decades to get in place.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks Eric.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
If you care to, right click image then click view image.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Its has already been proven that an EV can go long distances without a charging station. Just watch the movie The Martian.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
If you care to, right click image then click view image.

clapping

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
"Hey Honey, what's for dinner the kids a I are hungry"

"Sorry family, since Dad got home from work and plugged in the car to charge so he can go to work tomorrow, I can't turn on the oven or stove while the water heater and A/C are running because it will overload the electrical service in the house"

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
...it will overload the electrical service in the house"

Here in OKC they no longer have to access your property to read the meter, it's done remotely. They can also shut off service remotely for non-payments. So future system abusers can be dealt with as needed. Oh, the city already has a tiered water usage system. When you use more water than the city deems appropriate the cost per unit goes up and up as needed to punish you for perceived abusive water usage.

All this while people pour across (or is that poor across?) our boarder to further burden OUR resources.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
And this entire discussion just goes to demonstrate once again why the government should have let Chrysler and GM go bankrupt. They are hopelessly addicted to government subsidies, and why not? It's been proven over and over that chasing government subsidies is way easier and more profitable than actually running an efficient business that has to compete in an open market.

Mike

Posts: 1563 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
f@#k electric cars and the left wing nut hugging bas7ards that want to force them on me.

if someone wants to feel good about themselves then by all means spend your money and buy one. I prefer to burn gas and diesel fuel so don't push your feel good policies off on me.

ep-that is what I think about it. not that anyone cares

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
f@#k electric cars and the left wing nut hugging bas7ards that want to force them on me.

if someone wants to feel good about themselves then by all means spend your money and buy one. I prefer to burn gas and diesel fuel so don't push your feel good policies off on me.

ep-that is what I think about it. not that anyone cares

Agenda 21. Gas and oil will be phased out by those who control the machine which creates the currency. The big three are in the loop, they've been put on notice, is all.

Nothing is random, plans are made 40 years ahead of time. Electric cars have been around what 10-15- 20 years now? Probably 2035. Some are saying 2030.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
https://www.caranddriver.com/n...n-end-gas-car-sales/

Any coincidence the snowball downhill to hell, always seems to start in California?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post