DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    What Makes A Natural Driver?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Makes A Natural Driver?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Those guys and gals are still natural drivers to me, and once again my opinion, a lot of those drivers are hovering around in the bracket ranks. If experience is a key, then making a dozen or more passes a weekend can certainly be a benefit.

Read more at: https://dragracingactiononline.../02/natural-drivers/

Posts: 154 | Location: Beaver Springs, PA | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John DiBartolomeo:
Those guys and gals are still natural drivers to me, and once again my opinion, a lot of those drivers are hovering around in the bracket ranks. If experience is a key, then making a dozen or more passes a weekend can certainly be a benefit.

Read more at: https://dragracingactiononline.../02/natural-drivers/

A natural has an innate ability. In born ability.

A natural is someone who can not race for a long time an come back and race at the same or near same level.

Or someone with no experience and gets in a car and wins, then repeats.

Natural is inborn ability. Individual ability.

Natural -

a person regarded as having an innate gift or talent for a particular task or activity.

Innate - inborn; natural.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I know a few people that I think would fall into that category...don't know how they do it sometimes, but they do.....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I say get all the gadgets out of the cars and you will see who the REAL natural drivers are. As simple as it gets I know a foot brake driver that couldn't win anything off the foot, put a button in there and he visits the winners circle often. And that was a pretty elementary.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Someone who has the ability to adapt quickly and can turn on win lights in whatever car he is sitting in.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think Peter Biondo is the best natural driver period. Heck, he can drive a wheel barrow and win!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1004 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I say get all the gadgets out of the cars and you will see who the REAL natural drivers are. As simple as it gets I know a foot brake driver that couldn't win anything off the foot, put a button in there and he visits the winners circle often. And that was a pretty elementary.

Gadget didn't make him better, his competition got weaker. Wink

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1614 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You think? He will not go to a foot brake race. Needs that ol button

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
You think? He will not go to a foot brake race. Needs that ol button

Eeerybody that has a button and gadget thinks they're God at the tree. Lots of them ain't. Wink

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1614 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
I think Peter Biondo is the best natural driver period. Heck, he can drive a wheel barrow and win!

Yep, brake pedal or button! Clearly a natural.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4470 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post