DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    SFG JEGS Half Million - LIVE COVERAGE & RESULTS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SFG JEGS Half Million - LIVE COVERAGE & RESULTS
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
What about all the times he paid more than advertised because the count was much larger? He did not have to do that.That in its self is impressive. Maybe he should quit doing that and keep the extra money for bad days.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
What about all the times he paid more than advertised because the count was much larger? He did not have to do that.That in its self is impressive. Maybe he should quit doing that and keep the extra money for bad days.

I agree with this statement. While it is a nice bonus for the racers to get more money than they asked for, its a bad business decision when you're running a multi race series throughout the season.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Name the time he paid more money than the advertised purse. I was at the 1.1milllion with over 700 entry's and no money was added to the purse.

Posts: 23 | Location: The Beach | Registered: September 26, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I have raced some SFG events so I will stick my 2 cents in here...I like Kyle and his crew...I have never been treated anything but fair...that said, he made a mistake with this event...the economy caught up with him and he came up short...I am willing to give him a pass this one time especially given the racers voted to race for less...

Racers love that word "guaranteed"...seems to me promoters need to look hard at this area given the economy, at least for now...it always bothered me to pay a full entry fee and then find out when I get there I am racing for less based on car count...I get why it is done, it just irritates me some...I am very careful about entering car count based purse events...

I am definitely planning on racing the SFG Christmas Bash in December...I sure hope they do that event since it will be my biggest money event of the year...at this point I expect some sort of car count based guarantee deal...

Posts: 1272 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
If he'd a paid it, he'd have gone exit stage left as a never forgotten big money bracket racing promoting legend.

I heard last night from someone who was there, that option was on the table.

From your babble, did I correctly gather that he said he'll pay it, but if he did, the game was over for him???? Confused

He didn’t hear it from someone that was there. He heard it in Luke and Jarreds podcast. They said they heard from people that were there that in the drivers meeting he gave 2 options. One was to pay as advertised but it essentially would break him and he may not do another race. The other was to pay $350k which was pretty much everything he took in.

Take a listen. It was a good episode. Lots of WFC coverage and of course their discussion on the SFG event… including “house cars”.

The most complaints I heard was about "house" cars. Adding fridays $20K istead of sticking to the schedule started the grumblings. The "house" cars was the only other thing I heard complaints about.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
So there was no refund option and / or nobody wanted to bail out??

If there was no refund option AND the purse was cut, I would think there would be grounds for legal action. I don't think a show-of-hands in favor of cutting the purse gets the promoter off the hook if a racer was refused a refund and decided to take legal action. Not saying it would be worth the effort, but it's an interesting question.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chillin:
Name the time he paid more money than the advertised purse. I was at the 1.1milllion with over 700 entry's and no money was added to the purse.

There were at least a couple of events where money was added, but like everyone else, it's forgotten which ones.
There was also probably some accompanying complaints about "too many cars", taking too long to complete the races, so entry limits came on the scene....how does the promoter win here?

There have also been several events that fell waaaaay short of expected entries, and he paid out in full.

I have no dog in the fight, I wasn't there. I race to see win lamps, so I get to take another ride. Cool Big Grin

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1603 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What's attendance going to be like in Darlington after what happened in Michigan?

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
300 plus……

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
I know for a fact Nhra will cut the purse when there is a short field of cars without a vote lol

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
For your viewing pleasure......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dBqmgGLrN1Q

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4447 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post