DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    SFG JEGS Half Million - LIVE COVERAGE & RESULTS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SFG JEGS Half Million - LIVE COVERAGE & RESULTS
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
They must've broken bread, wasn't it Gulliti who said he wouldn't race sent from god races ever again? Laughing Hard

I did...I also said I would quit jacking off as a teenager HMMMM

Either way...ya got me on this one.

Nothing wrong with it, ya'll had a miscommunication. It happens a lot on the net.

It's not like the guy cheated you, then told ya too bad sucker, move on, I can do whatever I want.

Under those circumstances, I'd hope you wouldn't go back.

But ya'll just had a miscommunication on the net, no big deal.

I'd have went back too, were I you.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
Can’t seem to get an official car count but I heard the half million is now only 350. Yes that’s a lot still but the entrants paid to race for 500

At the End of the day its a business being a promoter. Can't give whats not there 350k is still a **** ton to win a bracket race. Willing to bet the last 6 cars where pretty happy. Life changing money at the end of the day..

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I do not think many would be complaining if they were winners for 350 k. Look at it anyway you want it is good pay for a day of bracket racing. Beats the he11 out of pushing 2x4's and osb all day for .1% of that. Not LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm sure there are some pretty happy people.That is still a very good payout.

I'm just confused as to why it said "Guaranteed" on a Facebook post?

With the price of fuel and the current state of the economy, I'm still surprised there were that many entries.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
I just feel like you attracted your customers with a”guaranteed “ payout . just not a good look for the series at the end the day.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
guaranteed
where does that say it on the flyer i just looked and cant find the words
guaranteed purse.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I can’t believe how many people are coming to Kyle’s defense on this. It’s mind boggling. It’s just yet another example of continued reckless behavior and reason #? I’ll continue to “pay more and race for less” with other promoters/series’.

Posts: 59 | Location: D3 | Registered: May 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sc3171:
I can’t believe how many people are coming to Kyle’s defense on this. It’s mind boggling. It’s just yet another example of continued reckless behavior and reason #? I’ll continue to “pay more and race for less” with other promoters/series’.

Maybe it's not about the defense of any particular person, place or thing.

Maybe it's merely coming to terms with the Liberal World Order we're all being subjected to.

Maybe it's a rational approach to reality.

Your guy gonna have the same type of problems.

Whatcha gonna do bad boy, when they come for your racing payout?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’ve said it before, this guy is the PT Barnum of drag racing, no one does the hustle as good as him.

That said, he’ll never see a dollar of my money.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Minimum, best case scenerio. How many years do we have left with the Liberal world Order?

2 years? It's gonna get all promoters, you'll be criticizing them all by the time it's all said and done $10 gallon.

Clown world has the power, I don't see em going down in two years.

They'll rig it again and ignore the overwhelming Evidence they rigged it.

Don't cry about clown world when you're one of the clowns.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:
guaranteed
where does that say it on the flyer i just looked and cant find the words
guaranteed purse.

Its what they posted on their FB page? Was i the only one that saw it?

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
Flyer also doesn’t specify purses are based on a particular car count. Razz

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Can’t seem to get an official car count but I heard the half million is now only 350. Yes that’s a lot still but the entrants paid to race for 500

At the End of the day its a business being a promoter. Can't give whats not there 350k is still a **** ton to win a bracket race. Willing to bet the last 6 cars where pretty happy. Life changing money at the end of the day..
Nobody’s life has got changed in a bracket race…

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Paying the entries and buyback cost are life changing to more people than winning LMAO

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This ^^^^

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
By the time Obiden is done, every Big Money promoter will be on blast.

Like it's their fault you bent over without a peep for Clown World!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We salute you Laughing Hard

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I am not sure about payout on this race. Sounds like payout may have been cut due to car count? Fine rules should state so.

I will say this there was a track around here (Now out of business) That would post a flyer say $X,000 to Win guaranteed payout, No buybacks or double entries. Then we get there they have Double entries and after first round they announce BuyBack booth is open and we never knew what payout was going to be. I always did good there but hated that they were never good for their word and probably much to do with why they are out of business now. They also did some stuff on races about points after buybacks. Same with points I do not care how they do them just state the rules and stick with them. They would also have a "Quick 16" and if they got 41 cars or what ever they would run them but keep same payout?????

Does not matter much what the rules or payout is post it and stand by it.
Then we will make the decision where to race based on what we want to do. We will race at track that offers best program for our needs.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3966 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:
quote:

Nobody’s life has got changed in a bracket race…

My yellow blower car was down to 6 cars...paid $20k to lose that round...no problems here.

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
Flyer also doesn’t specify purses are based on a particular car count. Razz

Couldn't find that word on the facebook posts either.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55