DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    SFG JEGS Half Million - LIVE COVERAGE & RESULTS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SFG JEGS Half Million - LIVE COVERAGE & RESULTS
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
Flyer also doesn’t specify purses are based on a particular car count. Razz

Couldn't find that word on the facebook posts either.

https://www.facebook.com/sfgpromotions/ SFG Promotions, Inc. June 15 at 10:09PM · Guaranteed 50k-500k-50k for only 2000 bucks best deal by far of all mega races

This thread has taken a turn that warms my heart. Personally, the size of the purse and if it gets cut up has never been a concern to me. I go because I enjoy doing it. It wasn't but a few years ago that a track owner/promoter was considered to have committed the most vile of sins when cutting the purse. Local track operators were called "greedy" if they did it. Good to see things have definitely changed, at least as it relates to the bigger buck events. Not many would have gone to bat for a track operator doing this with their bracket program, in just the recent past. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Well dam..

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
Now that we know some on this forum are admitting to beating off, who won the 500K/350K race?

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 157 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:
Flyer also doesn’t specify purses are based on a particular car count. Razz

Couldn't find that word on the facebook posts either.

https://www.facebook.com/sfgpromotions/ SFG Promotions, Inc. June 15 at 10:09PM · Guaranteed 50k-500k-50k for only 2000 bucks best deal by far of all mega races

This thread has taken a turn that warms my heart. Personally, the size of the purse and if it gets cut up has never been a concern to me. I go because I enjoy doing it. It wasn't but a few years ago that a track owner/promoter was considered to have committed the most vile of sins when cutting the purse. Local track operators were called "greedy" if they did it. Good to see things have definitely changed, at least as it relates to the bigger buck events. Not many would have gone to bat for a track operator doing this with their bracket program, in just the recent past. Take care. Tom Worthington

Well....you aren't wrong. I dunno. Maybe operators and promotors are held to different standards?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6373 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Double 00 found the post from SFG saying Guaranteed payout.

Anyone know what SFG actually paid?

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
Double 00 found the post from SFG saying Guaranteed payout.

Anyone know what SFG actually paid?

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Winning purse was reduced from 500k to 350k. Remainder of purse on down remained in tack along with other races.

Kyle called a drivers meeting the morning of the race. I was not in attendance. From what I understand he basically called for a show of hands and it was unanimous by the racers in attendance.

The split didn't take place until 11 cars in which those along with any side deals where the only ones affected by the reduction.

Looser's at 11 got $15k

I would have raised my hand if I was there.

Ryan Barnes was on a tare! beating Aaron Disinger was runner up. Barnes beat me in my one entry 3rd round and I lost my 2nd to Holloman at 22. Long week!

Just facts for ya'll.

SL...

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CrewMan
posted Hide Post
I deal with contract language in my daily line of work to some degree. I am no legal eagle but I have been around enough construction industry BS in my 28 plus years in the industry to have seen the impacts are playing fast and loose with terms like guarantee, warranty, etc.

Laws can vary from state to state etc - but pretty much the elements that constitute a contract and / or a promise of some degree are legally binding. It doesn't matter if the "what" involves money or not. Some states, but not all, it doesn't matter if it is in writing or if it was verbal (although the verbal aspect has had some serious legal challenges in years past).

First, We are not talking about a Joe Namath off the cuff "I guarantee" statement here - we are talking about a sum of "X" money guranteed to be paid out for "Y" amount of money paid in between party's for participating in "Z" activities. And this statement was in writing and be proven to be in writing. That's a BIG issue right there.

Second, a promise was made..."X" amount of money to be paid for "Y" contribution for a chance to win. Doesn't matter if the activity is a game of chance or not. That brings in the legal concept of Promisory Estoppel, where a party's reliance on a promise ("X" $ for "Y" paind in) was reasonable. The party who did not receive "X" can go after the party to defaulted the promise.

Point I am getting at here is - someone at some point is going to get themselves in legal trouble over tossing out general phrases such as "guaranteed" if they finally piss off the right group of people. That is not exactly a word to just play around with. I have seen it backfire (no pun intended) many times - and when you are talking large sums of $...and 350k is not chump change....you are talking a lot of 3rd party ramifications as a possibility as well.

Just my 02

"Some things are better left unsaid... usually it's the S**T I blurt out first.

Posts: 116 | Location: Loveland, Ohio | Registered: September 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Wildman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just feel like you attracted your customers with a”guaranteed “ payout . just not a good look for the series at the end the day.
It appears, that there was not enough money "sent".....it has been predicted this would happen eventually, not really surprising

Posts: 109 | Location: at a dragstrip near you | Registered: April 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I find it interesting that some big races are selling out, while others are having low attendance in the same areas

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Hawk:
Now that we know some on this forum are admitting to beating off, who won the 500K/350K race?

So you're just not admitting to it. Big Grin

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1612 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I would have agreed to the $350K, but said no 1099's. Seems fair.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
The only people I see whining about it are the ones who weren't there. Weird.

That said, Kyle has taken some HUGE hits paying out the guaranteed amounts, when it didn't even make sense, somewhere it has to end. Probably best that it was the biggest event, so the others can continue.
Sounds like everyone had the choice, and chose to stay and race.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1612 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
The only people I see whining about it are the ones who weren't there. Weird.

That said, Kyle has taken some HUGE hits paying out the guaranteed amounts, when it didn't even make sense, somewhere it has to end. Probably best that it was the biggest event, so the others can continue.
Sounds like everyone had the choice, and chose to stay and race.

In today's world guaranteed shouldn't be used...

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Takes a idiot to run 9 or 10 rounds for 350k. He11 he could have stayed home ran a local bracket race and run 8 or 9 rounds and won 2000 dollars.

Nobody was made to race. Nobody was holding a gun and demanding money and forcing folks to run their car.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4171 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Takes a idiot to run 9 or 10 rounds for 350k. He11 he could have stayed home ran a local bracket race and run 8 or 9 rounds and won 2000 dollars.

Nobody was made to race. Nobody was holding a gun and demanding money and forcing folks to run their car.

No it takes an idiot to not get what he paid for (chance at 500K) and say oh well. Granted either way its a huge amount, but its only 70% of what was expected (guaranteed). If I order a $50 fillet at a steak house, and they bring me a $15 T bone, I'm not going to take it an go, oh well...

I wasn't there and don't have a dog in this fight. If those in attendance were all OK with it, then that's all that matters, for now, but that guaranteed word wont have as much meaning moving forward.

Posts: 122 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:

What are you gonna do when you're already at the race track tech'd in after driving 1000 miles, when the consensus reality is to not raise hell?

Are you gonna be the lone hell raiser?Confused

No

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It kind of reminds me of a guy at work about 20 years ago.He started a Super Bowl pool at $50 a square.
After the pool was over,he didn't have the money to pay the winners.The overwhelming amount of people did not win,so they didn't care.
The only people that were affected were the people that won.

I didn't win,but it still bothered me.

Most were of the opinion,"Oh well,I didn't win".

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
What you do is, call a drivers meeting. Have the guy known for being outspoken say he's alright with it first, before anyone can get a word in.

Everyone follows.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post