DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    SFG JEGS Half Million - LIVE COVERAGE & RESULTS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SFG JEGS Half Million - LIVE COVERAGE & RESULTS
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If the money was guaranteed it should have been paid. If the money was not paid you went back on your word, and now your word means nothing.

If he intends on holding future races, you can bet attendance will be poor.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Agree it should be paid. So how many times before promoter is out and no more big money races with that group.How many promoters doing big money races and how many can go bust before non.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice for the big picture. If you don't like the game don't playThere a lot of smaller races one could race w/o being in the big one.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4156 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
He should have known there wasn’t going to be enough cars there based on the current state we are in…

Posts: 1247 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Why wasn't the guaranteed money in a bank account? How do you guarantee something you don't have?

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
Why wasn't the guaranteed money in a bank account? How do you guarantee something you don't have?
Laughing Hard Laughing Hard Laughing Hard

Posts: 1247 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Kyle has taken some HUGE hits paying out the guaranteed amounts, when it didn't even make sense, somewhere it has to end.

If true, he ought to have had the good sense to be careful using the word "guaranteed."

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CrewMan
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

If true, he ought to have had the good sense to be careful using the word "guaranteed."[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

"Some things are better left unsaid... usually it's the S**T I blurt out first.

Posts: 116 | Location: Loveland, Ohio | Registered: September 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
At small tracks, they seem to have caught on to how many participants just enjoy the sound of the word "Guaranteed". I now often see flyers that say "Purse guaranteed with 50 (or whatever number) car minimum." Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Kyle has taken some HUGE hits paying out the guaranteed amounts, when it didn't even make sense, somewhere it has to end.

If true, he ought to have had the good sense to be careful using the word "guaranteed."

It has been said at times that if you live by the sword, you will likely die by the sword.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I hate it for everyone, there's no win for anyone here when disecting the event.

I think Kyle has made everyone raise their game.

I'm giving the dude grace on this one. Just me.

There was a pre-race meeting, and apparently everyone agreed to the purse modification.
I do not even know what the reasoning was, just that it was presented before anyone strapped in. Confused

I do not know what the alternative offer was for those that didn't want to race for $350k.

Maybe SL will add that detail for us?

I bet he will be more careful with the advertising verbiage from here on out. Cool

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1586 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
Kyle still hasnt learned its more important to please the internet jag offs than his paying customers. He'll have somethin for ya'lls feelins at the next one.

Torqin= We're talkin mental Jag offs here, I wasnt knockin the casual connoisseur

SL= Just send Torq the trophy aint nobody toppin that shyt Laughing Hard

Good job up there

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I concur.

Laughing Hard

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1586 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Boucher - great catching up with you & Sr! Torqin blew the lid off and finished the job as he hit the top of the iceberg. Trophy he deserves.

SL...

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
I may be a little out of line, seems car counts were not good. Promoter made a reasonable accomodation?

Been in that situation a few times, drivers meeting and show of hands seems reasonable accomodation to me.

In current economy, being able to race is great. How many times "bracket racing is dying".

Expect more adjustments under current chaos.

I will be at x-mas bash at BMP this year.

Posts: 3071 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muggs:
I may be a little out of line, seems car counts were not good. Promoter made a reasonable accomodation?

Been in that situation a few times, drivers meeting and show of hands seems reasonable accomodation to me.

In current economy, being able to race is great. How many times "bracket racing is dying".

I will be at x-mas bash at BMP this year

It's all unfolding exactly as I predicted it would in 2003 when the first china sbc crankshaft walked into my shop, under the arm of a customer.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
Did SFG stop doing pre-entry only?

Mikey

Posts: 1706 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
Have not seen anything yet.

Posts: 3071 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:

In that case, the flyer needs to say "purse based on car count" as opposed to "purse guaranteed."

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
quote:

In that case, the flyer needs to say "purse based on car count" as opposed to "purse guaranteed."

That has killed a lot of local Super Pro racing.

The creme is gonna rise to the top,the promoters who've planned ahead can afford to take their lumps, playing the long game.

Take a few lumps and you're the winner, in the end.

You end up with everyone at your race or race track guaranteed purse.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
maybe one should guarantee what one is comfortable paying out with a subpar car count.

ep

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post