DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Hunter Patton Racing again
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunter Patton Racing again
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Anyone else think this isn't quite right?

I get that NHRA pulled his license for 2022 because he tried to hit his opponent at their facility. Just doesn't seem right to me, even though its at IHRA facilities.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Years ago IHRA banned 12 of them and they just went on racing--at NHRA tracks.

Posts: 6192 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If only NHRA pulled hid licenses then it only affects him at their tracks. Does it surprise anyone that he is still racing? Just not at NHRA tracks.

Posts: 485 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Nope, clearly he just doesn’t give a shyt!

He willfully violated the NHRA suspension and therefore his competition license should be revoked indefinitely. At least this way he can never compete at an NHRA event.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

He willfully violated the NHRA suspension and therefore his competition license should be revoked indefinitely. At least this way he can never compete at an NHRA event.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Todd Barton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

Stupidest comment ever!

Some idiot wants to play crash test dummy then gets around a suspension, yes I understand its a different sanctioning body. Any person that wanted to show remorse would have taken the complete year off and not raced. Instead this has the optics that no lesson was learned and I giant "F you" to the disciplinary action.

Posts: 380 | Location: Gray, TN | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Barton:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

Stupidest comment ever!

Some idiot wants to play crash test dummy then gets around a suspension, yes I understand its a different sanctioning body. Any person that wanted to show remorse would have taken the complete year off and not raced. Instead this has the optics that no lesson was learned and I giant "F you" to the disciplinary action.

You're only pretending to know where his head is on this matter. An emotional approach rather than rational one. Here's why.

Only time will tell everyone where his head is in nature / reality.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Well, mine is a little different take. I don't want to race with him, nor my son racing with him. If he raced around here, I would let the local tracks know how I felt about it, and why I would not be racing at races he raced at. Same goes for the money races. How many racers do you think they would be willing to lose over one hot headed hot shot?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The only racer they would lose is you IF you competed in big $ gambler races but since you don’t, your stance is meaningless. The majority of the competitors competing at these races also don’t give a shyt about the NHRA abs it’s rules both safety and conduct.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
when I first watched the video, even though it looked suspicious I still was not sure. I'm still not 100% sure how I feel about him still racing. last I remember his suspension was his NHRA license taken for a year & he had to take "anger management classes". I know he raced S/C last year & hasn't this year. prior to the incident he seemed like a nice guy ( I only physically saw him a couple times) but who knows? maybe he has learned his lesson.

J.K. Hodges

Posts: 43 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: June 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Not only is he racing,but he is winning!! talented kid no matter what the concesous is

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If you were not there than you should shut the *uck up. It’s an IHRA track. He is not suspended from IHRA.

Posts: 23 | Location: The Beach | Registered: September 26, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
He is a better kid than most in here know and is sorrier than you guys realize. He made a dumb ass mistake, and has been paying for it. Give the kid a break. He isnt going to be a real big threat to most in here, this year atleast.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 701 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Dumbest thread I read in a long time. NHRA pulled his license not IHRA. All but one racer on here don't know the kid. Let the one without blame (for doing something stupid) be the first to cast stones. I'll wait.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
Dumbest thread I read in a long time. NHRA pulled his license not IHRA. All but one racer on here don't know the kid. Let the one without blame (for doing something stupid) be the first to cast stones. I'll wait.

There is a difference amongst blame(for doing something stupid). A simple mistake is one thing, this is no simple mistake. Can you name another person who intentionally went into their opponents lane and made contact with them? Can you name a worse on track event that has ever taken place? I’ll wait on that. Do we not expect a more severe punishment for a more severe mistake?

Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bingo!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
quote:

There is a difference amongst blame(for doing something stupid). A simple mistake is one thing, this is no simple mistake. Can you name another person who intentionally went into their opponents lane and made contact with them? Can you name a worse on track event that has ever taken place? I’ll wait on that. Do we not expect a more severe punishment for a more severe mistake?

I had a guy drive his two front tires of his dragster under my back bumper, like that was gonna do something, after the stripe with my win light on.

After he pulled up on me first and second round on the last night of the season at Sunshine for the Super Pro championship.

He didn't like I was on my 10th Super Pro championship in 10 years I guess Laughing Hard

There's video now, only difference, sore losers have always shown their arse.

Watch out for the kamikaze's in shutdown!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Anyone who has won a lot, has experienced a Kamikaze or two in shutdown.

I'd bet Hunter is a fully recovered kamikaze pilot.

It's not him you gotta worry about any longer.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chillin:
If you were not there than you should shut the *uck up. It’s an IHRA track. He is not suspended from IHRA.

I'm sorry if we disobeyed your internet rules. Well, actually....

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
quote:

Agreed. And that doesn't mean I condemn him forever. But it certainly has been far from forever. I just wouldn't want anyone I care for next to him for a while. If he had an accident, hell even if he took a poke at someone....that's one thing. But he ran his car into another at speed. That's some pretty serious stuff. Actions should have appropriate consequences certainly. But regardless, I wouldn't risk being his next target.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo