DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Hunter Patton Racing again
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunter Patton Racing again
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Hold the enablers accountable too that allow him to race.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Nope, clearly he just doesn’t give a shyt!

He willfully violated the NHRA suspension and therefore his competition license should be revoked indefinitely. At least this way he can never compete at an NHRA event.

I have to agree with Ed on this one. He intentionally tried to crash someone and admitted it afterword. Someone could have got hurt or killed and lost lots of hard work and money on their car. No excuses. That is very serious and the punishment should be serious. I think IHRA should have also banned him and not just for a year but for life. It is not like he flipped someone off, he tried to crash them.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3999 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Hold the enablers accountable too that allow him to race.

How? Or more specifically, who?
I already mentioned speaking with your pocket to the tracks and races who allow him to race.

I seriously doubt that his parents give two sh1ts about others thoughts on the matter. And HP may not need their support to race at this point.

So what exactly are you saying?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6390 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

Agreed. And that doesn't mean I condemn him forever. But it certainly has been far from forever. I just wouldn't want anyone I care for next to him for a while. If he had an accident, hell even if he took a poke at someone....that's one thing. But he ran his car into another at speed. That's some pretty serious stuff. Actions should have appropriate consequences certainly. But regardless, I wouldn't risk being his next target.

I do I think there are certain things severe enough that they should be banned forever and that right there is it. He tried to run over someone which could have killed someone and it was NOT an accident he did it on purpose. If it was my decision he would be banned for life.

Some people want to kick racers out because seat belts expired a few months earlier yet do not seem to think trying to kill someone is not a big deal? Wow!

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 3999 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

Agreed. And that doesn't mean I condemn him forever. But it certainly has been far from forever. I just wouldn't want anyone I care for next to him for a while. If he had an accident, hell even if he took a poke at someone....that's one thing. But he ran his car into another at speed. That's some pretty serious stuff. Actions should have appropriate consequences certainly. But regardless, I wouldn't risk being his next target.

I do I think there are certain things severe enough that they should be banned forever and that right there is it. He tried to run over someone which could have killed someone and it was NOT an accident he did it on purpose. If it was my decision he would be banned for life.

Some people want to kick racers out because seat belts expired a few months earlier yet do not seem to think trying to kill someone is not a big deal? Wow!

I see your point and agree with the severity. But is there no coming back from a bad decision in life or drag racing? The results could have been permanent, but they weren't. Is there nothing he can do to prove rehabilitation?
I think time and maturity and as required, anger management training are in order. But immediate forgiveness of the mistake doesn't make anyone safer. I'm not looking for a piece of flesh. I'm looking for some assurance that he isn't a hazard to himself and others in particular.

If all we want is for it to be punitive....punishment....what is the result? He will find non sanctioned tracks or maybe take to street racing. Did that fix anything? I don't know that we can assume the young man is a life long hot head from one action at his age.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6390 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Just like someone was saying that John Lennons Killer has been rehabilitated and should be released. NOPE, JOHN LENNON IS STILL DEAD AND AS LONG AS HE IS DEAD THE MAN WHO KILLED HIM NEEDS TO BE PUNISHED FOR IT. That guy made a conscious decision to do it knowing it was wrong but did it anyway to get his name in history books.

I think trying to wreck another racer on purpose should be a lifetime ban no questions asked. And if his actions caused someone to get killed he should face Criminal and legal action outside of the track.

I do not run NHRA or IHRA but if I he would be banned for lifetime. Same as if he pulled a gun and shot someone.

We all work hard on our cars and we probably spend more money on our cars and racing than we should. We love our kids we put in these cars and other racers become like family. To allow someone to purposely crash a car is un-excuseable and unforgivable in my opinion.

Like I say I could care less if someones seat belts are expired, their SFI tag is out on the transmission case or what ever but when you intentionally try to crash someone there is no coming back from that one.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
x2

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
Dumbest thread I read in a long time. NHRA pulled his license not IHRA. All but one racer on here don't know the kid. Let the one without blame (for doing something stupid) be the first to cast stones. I'll wait.

What happens when you attempt to run someone off the road in your street car? Why do they take you to jail?

What’s the difference between what Hunter did and that?

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
quote:
Dumbest thread I read in a long time. NHRA pulled his license not IHRA. All but one racer on here don't know the kid. Let the one without blame (for doing something stupid) be the first to cast stones. I'll wait.

What happens when you attempt to run someone off the road in your street car? Why do they take you to jail?

Our cars and our family mean a lot to all of us here.

I understand accidents happen but if someone intentionally tries to wreck them or me or my family I would look at it as attempted murder and deal with as such. Someone will go to jail or.......

Intentionally trying to wreck, hurt or kill someone is UNFORGIVABLE and if it was up to me I would ban them for life and press charges or what ever I could but it would not be a slap on the wrist and a pat on the butt.

What if he would have totaled out the guys car and killed him? For me there is no grey area here, it is that serious. What about the school shooter, do you say "Well he was young and made a mistake lets just forgive him" No, there are certain lines you do not cross and consequences for those need to be Swift, Severe and permanent. Luckily nobody got hurt or killed by Hunter Patton but he damn sure tried. Like I said he was not trying to get away with out of date seat belts he tried to wreck someone.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I understand accidents happen but if someone intentionally tries to wreck them or me or my family I would look at it as attempted murder and deal with as such. Someone will go to jail or.......

Intentionally trying to wreck, hurt or kill someone is UNFORGIVABLE and if it was up to me I would ban them for life and press charges or what ever I could but it would not be a slap on the wrist and a pat on the butt.

What if he would have totaled out the guys car and killed him? For me there is no grey area here, it is that serious. What about the school shooter, do you say "Well he was young and made a mistake lets just forgive him" No, there are certain lines you do not cross and consequences for those need to be Swift, Severe and permanent. Luckily nobody got hurt or killed by Hunter Patton but he damn sure tried. Like I said he was not trying to get away with out of date seat belts he tried to wreck someone.

That's a helluva imagination you got there buddy.

If the intent were anywhere near like you're pretending, he'd a drove over the top of Trey's car.

He could've easily too.

This was a game of chicken after the stripe, kook.

The big problem with it, which is what got him the suspension, is he played chicken after he lost the real game of chicken, the race.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
quote:
quote:

If the intent were anywhere near like you're pretending, he'd a drove over the top of Trey's car.

He could've easily too.

Did hunter intentionally enter his opponents lane? Yes

Did hunter make contact with treys car? Yes

Would the contact have been more severe if Trey hadn’t moved towards the wall? Yes

The race track is not a place to play chicken. Maybe next time you are racing your opponent could come into your lane and make contact with your car so that we can see if you just laugh it off and say he could have hit you harder if he wanted.

Posts: 787 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

He could've easily too.

Would the contact have been more severe if Trey hadn’t moved towards the wall? Yes

The race track is not a place to play chicken

Is racing a game of chicken? Yes

Is it legal to play chicken before the stripe? Yes

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

He could've easily too.

Maybe next time you are racing your opponent could come into your lane and make contact with your car so that we can see if you just laugh it off and say he could have hit you harder if he wanted. Maybe you just say it’s a game of chicken

Oh and before you fail to read, I said make contact with your car. Before you go blabbing the same story a hundred times of a guy driving close to you

Posts: 787 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

He could've easily too.

Maybe next time you are racing your opponent could come into your lane and make contact with your car so that we can see if you just laugh it off and say he could have hit you harder if he wanted. Maybe you just say it’s a game of chicken

Oh and before you fail to read, I said make contact with your car. Before you go blabbing the same story a hundred times of a guy driving close to you

I talked with Trey yesterday in Orlando, why wasn't he crying like you bleeding hearts playing pretend?

Trust me, he don't give one fuk, I wouldn't either.

Drag racing is a game of chicken.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I agree he should be banned for life. It might just save his life. He was childish enough to try it once, who is to say he will not lose control again and the other party might not need anyone else to hand down punishment.

As stated some could have got hurt bad or killed and lots of people lose everything for man slaughter even if a car accident and this would have been no accident. Being young and stupid is no excuse.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

He could've easily too.

I talked with Trey yesterday in Orlando, why wasn't he crying like you bleeding hearts playing pretend?

I talked with Trey several times at the event that it took place at. I’m not saying Trey should be upset long after it took place, I’m saying hunter should have repercussions for actions, simple.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

He could've easily too.

I talked with Trey several times at the event that it took place at. I’m not saying Trey should be upset long after it took place, I’m saying hunter should have repercussions for actions, simple.

Everyone was like, why didn't Trey go over and punch the guy in the mouth.

Well it was because he didn't give a fuk. He was there to get paid.

It's kinda hard to get paid, when your in the klink for assault.

The only thing you should be concerned with, is for you not to show your ass after YOU lose, to any degree.

If you're affraid to die drag racing, you're in the wrong game, it could happen someone showing their ass or otherwise.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You bleeding hearts are pretending someone died, and the guy got a slap on the wrist.

That's not what happened.

You don't show your ass when you lose.... to any degree.

This is the only lesson you should be concerned with.

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Next thing you know he will be killing cones and passing the blame Relaxing

Posts: 1235 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Its one thing to lose control of a race car, its another to intentionally try to crash someone else. Doesn't matter whether the crash happened or not.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post