DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Is Tuff Paw Still In Business?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Tuff Paw Still In Business?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Eliminator X
posted
Wanted to purchase something, but they're not answering the phone, or responding to messages or emails.

Posts: 15 | Location: Oakville, Ontario. | Registered: October 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes, Mike is still in business. I know he is off racing at the Jegs super quick race at Gateway this weekend.

Posts: 152 | Location: St.Louis | Registered: May 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Eliminator X
posted Hide Post
Ok. Thanks.

Posts: 15 | Location: Oakville, Ontario. | Registered: October 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes just bought dial boards mounts from him.

Posts: 16 | Location: Not at work | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm really not trying to be a wise guy, but can't you order directly from the website?

http://www.tuffpaw.com/

Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Maybe he was wanting them to make something custom? I had Blazin Bell Tech do some custom work for me back in the day.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Eliminator X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
I'm really not trying to be a wise guy, but can't you order directly from the website?

http://www.tuffpaw.com/

Take care. Tom Worthington

Reasonable question. I tried to order off of the website, but their on-line ordering system doesn't handle orders with Canadian shipping addresses. Thanks for mentioning it though. I suppose you never know.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Had Mike at Tuff Paw make me a custom aluminum fuel tank a couple of months back, did a great job and the price was crazy cheap for what it was

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Eliminator X
posted Hide Post
I should note that I don't like asking these types of questions about people's businesses because it may cause some confusion, but I tried to reach them over a period of a few weeks before even considering asking a question like this on a public forum.
Thanks for the feedback. They seem to have some nice products, so I'm glad they're still around. I'll keep trying.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Eliminator X
posted Hide Post
We have contact!
I dealt with a very nice gentleman named Mike. I ordered one part made to measure, and some off the shelf parts. Mike was very knowledgeable, and handled everything from order info to invoicing and shipping within a day.
Looking forward to receiving these parts.

Thanks for the help here.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Eliminator X
posted Hide Post
Follow up.
I ordered the K&N filter holder for the dragster scoop tray. Instead of just sending me the "off the shelf" size, Mike asked me to double check the measurements of my tray (which turned out to be slightly different) and then made one to fit.
The insert fit perfectly and the other parts I received were exactly as ordered, and all arrived in good shape and in good time.
Very happy with the products and service.
I would not hesitate to do business with Tuff Paw again, and would have no problem recommending them to a friend.
All's well that ends well. Thanks again for the help.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Just received my filter insert for my tray. Perfect! My son drilled out the old rivets and remounted the springs. Pretty slick design.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Eliminator X
posted Hide Post
Tuff to beat the fit. Lucky I gave him the correct measurements.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Eliminator X
posted Hide Post
Curious,
Has anyone noticed any difference between filter brands and track performance?
For example, any difference between a Fram High Flow filter and the same from K&N?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have the same scoop tray filter system. Have switched between a K&N and a Napa filter at the track and didn't see any difference in performance. My engine is an approx 800 small block though. Your results may vary?

Scott

Posts: 1838 | Location: Illinois | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The Fram will filter better as far as microns of dirt. The K&N is just as good but only as good as your maintenance and re-oiling.
Mike has always added the personal touch to his products.

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post