Tools

New Truck
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I am with you Bucky. Still feel the sting after paying $36.00 to cross bridge from MD to VA. Never been in an HOA, come on man.

Been over that bridge what gets me is it's free going the other way....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
They figure that you got to go back from wherever you came from so it saves money by having less toll takers and lets traffic flow.

Sorry,if I turned this into a toll topic.

I feel sorry for the people that live on Long Island, NY. I think they spend more in tolls than entry fees.

Back to the topic, I myself would stay gas,granted that Diesel's have more torque but hard to justify if it using as a daily driver.
I'd go dually if you won't encounter a daily toll increase.
Dually will have better stability, braking, load capacity and look cooler(LOL).
Good luck whatever you choose!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
They figure that you got to go back from wherever you came from so it saves money by having less toll takers and lets traffic flow.

Sorry,if I turned this into a toll topic.

I feel sorry for the people that live on Long Island, NY. I think they spend more in tolls than entry fees.

Back to the topic, I myself would stay gas,granted that Diesel's have more torque but hard to justify if it using as a daily driver.
I'd go dually if you won't encounter a daily toll increase.
Dually will have better stability, braking, load capacity and look cooler(LOL).
Good luck whatever you choose!

And engine braking...ex/// any kind of additional braking is great.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4499 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Al you can't park it anywhere in NYC and there is no difference in turning radius between a dually and a 3500.

I get what you are saying for sure, been to NYC a few times. But the OP lives in Glen Burnie, MD and other than parking it in DC or downtown in Baltimore he could park most places easy enough. We lived in DC for 4 years when stationed at Walter read and I had no issues with mine there. I understand on a Chebbie the radius is the same up to a 3500(as it if with a ford), not sure on the 4500's. But in a Ford there is and I believe a Dodge 4500 as well. Main reason is the track width and more severe angle of the front steering. Reason being most are used for ambulances, tow trucks and box truck.

But I hear you not for everyone, but could be an option for many.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I do have a toll to deal with, I have since moved, but it only takes my toll from 1.50 each way to 3 each way. The only place parking could be an issue is at the school I work at, but I could easily get a new spot. When I was in highschool, I would drive my parents dually and park at the same school so I don't see it being too bad. My family always had obs chevy trucks and the reason behind my question is just that these new trucks are so heavy (especially diesels) and just so much bigger that I almost assume that the new single wheel trucks may be near as stable as older duallys.

Posts: 66 | Location: Glen Burnie | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post