Find
Notify
Tools

New Truck
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Actually no Fiat influence in the Wrangler.

3.6 V6, right Ed?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Still ain’t near the JEEP it use to be...but what is...

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
good thing because I never would have bought it!

quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Actually no Fiat influence in the Wrangler.

3.6 V6, right Ed?

yes

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by top189h:
I've been looking around for a new truck. I've just about decided on a new F-350 with the 7.3. my question is, do I spring for a dually (which from the heart I really want but question it's practicality) or not? Both would be crew cab, long bed trucks and would be my daily driver. Currently it would tow at worst my 28 footer with my dragster in it, though eventually I would like a set up to pull my dragster and door car. Which would you choose and why?

I would definitely go with the Dually. Better stability in the wind and pulling heavy loads. Also the security of having dual rear wheels in case of blowout which can quickly get ugly pulling a load. You already know the drawbacks of a dually, wide and long, pain in the tail to park or drive through but for towing they are really nice.
With that said you do not want a dually for a daily driver or even a typical extended cab long bed truck.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4003 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I bought this during the last economic collapse in 2008, you can get a deal. Probably even better this time around. If I told ya what I paid for this with 5 miles on it, you wouldn't believe me. It just turned 80k it's like brand new inside and out. I wouldn't sell it for what I paid twelve years ago because GM is in China now.

Can't have one of those, it wouldn't be right.

Pulls a Featherlite trailer like it's not there.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:
Originally posted by pivotdoc:
Your new truck will have a 6.7 diesel. The last year for the 7.3 was 2002? The 6.7 is a beast but can't catch the Cummins on mileage. Cool JB
Man I gotta get out more....

Ford has a new design 7.3 gas engine for trucks.

And it's a pushrod engine. 430HP 475 Ft LB torque. Backed by a 10 speed automatic.

Posts: 1146 | Location: Busy putting up crop circles | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
New 3500 and up have so much power it’s unreal! A little worried about the new transmission ( 10 speeds) changes. I hate DEF! There has to be a better way to knock down particulate and NOX.
Any of you have the new trucks with engine/ex braking ? Is it good?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Barry, my 13 RAM/Cummins has an exhaust brake, works great.

Mine is 385HP/850TQ it will pull my 48' goose at 29,000# total as fast as you want.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
My truck above, has the exhaust brake. I don't use it but my son does when he's towing

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have been daily driving a dually since 2001, three different trucks but all have been duallies. All have also been F450's they have a wider front track and tighter turning radius, you can park it anywhere and u turns are not an issue. I have a very good friend with a 19 Chevy 3500, gets great mileage cant turn worth a hoot. I will be ordering a new one if thye ever get to 0% on Super Dutys, I like free money.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just remember that tolls are higher for a dually, towing or not.

When I was driving mine as a daily driver my tolls tripled.

One good thing about a dually is that you get more excersie since you have to park in the North forty when shopping!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Around here tolls go by the number of axles.....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
For me I went from $5 to $15 to go to Pennsylvania daily.
That's an extra $50 a week, God forbid if I had to use the turnpike as well!
That's an extra $2500 a year if used as a daily driver!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
For me I went from $5 to $15 to go to Pennsylvania daily.
That's an extra $50 a week, God forbid if I had to use the turnpike as well!
That's an extra $2500 a year if used as a daily driver!

That's nuts...… Holy Moly

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
I have been daily driving a dually since 2001, three different trucks but all have been duallies. All have also been F450's they have a wider front track and tighter turning radius, you can park it anywhere and u turns are not an issue. I have a very good friend with a 19 Chevy 3500, gets great mileage cant turn worth a hoot.

Al you can't park it anywhere in NYC and there is no difference in turning radius between a dually and a 3500.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I'll bet there is a turning radius difference between a short bed 3500 and a dually which are all long bed..... Wink

But yeah, a big city is no place for a dually.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Toll is twenty bucks I believe here for Bridges, dually and three axles.

If you look at cramp angles turning Fords about 50 deg and GM is 52 plus. I’d have to look at
Mopar
Then there’s the wheel base..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Sometimes a thread like this reminds me of how fortunate I am to live in the sticks. Even if it is in a politically corrupt state. No tolls. No crowded parking lots. No problems with HOA's. I don't make as much as I would make in the city. But my biggest concern today is what shape to make our pond.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I am with you Bucky. Still feel the sting after paying $36.00 to cross bridge from MD to VA. Never been in an HOA, come on man.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post