DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Classified Guidance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classified Guidance
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Please give me your thoughts and experiences with classified ad sites that you’ve used to sell engine components.

I have a complete aluminum 406 CID SBC and miscellaneous components that need a new home. I’m willing to part it out or sell complete.

I’ll certainly post it in the Free Classifies here, but also want to make sure these items get maximum views. I know about Facebook Marketplace and Racing Junk. Any others that you recommend?

Posts: 3 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Not being bias, well I guess I am, but the DRR Classifieds on FB seems to have the best reach right now IMO.

Posts: 2106 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
Not being bias, well I guess I am, but the DRR Classifieds on FB seems to have the best reach right now IMO.

One of the better ones, for sure.

Lots of scammers on Racing Junk...…..but they are everywhere, be careful.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
The Facebook sale groups like the DRR Facebook classifieds or different area FB race junk pages have the best stuff and the most action.

Posts: 1454 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have used FB Marketplace for a few years with some success. Both buying and selling.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I've had decent luck with Ebay auctions. It separates the men from the boys (photo collectors and dreamers) Set a fair reserve and it will tell you what the (current) market is for your product. If it doesn't hit reserve, you at least know what it "could" have brought.

A big problem, IMO, with free listing sites is people post things with too high of a price to ever actually sell and you tend to see the same ad over and over again.

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post