Find
Notify
Tools

New Year Nationals
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Does anyone know where this year?

Posts: 522 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Randy Larson
posted Hide Post
Palm Beach

Foot brake racers think "outside the box"

Posts: 1742 | Location: Pompano Beach, FL | Registered: June 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Went to the first one but could not go last year. Will try to come this year as it is a real good time + I might see my old friend Randy Larson Big Grin

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
what in seeing, its back at gainville this year. it on their schedule. not on palm beach schedule.

Posts: 17 | Location: palm harbor fl | Registered: October 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
It will be back at Palm Beach to the best of my knowledge...Gainesville had it on their schedule last year as well so I would not put to much credence in that...hope to see you this year, Fern...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
27th, 28th and 29th?

Posts: 522 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hope so fuzz ball, been awhile

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
I thought that this was a one time deal for palm beach? Due to the construction in Gainsville. Where are you guys seeing this? Neither track has a schedule posted past December.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Okay, I see it on the Gainesville website.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Anywhere but SGMP. The ****her south the better.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Jim Abate
posted Hide Post
I thought Fern was way to old to do this anymore ???

Posts: 56 | Location: fort myers | Registered: January 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Jim I went last weekend and surprised myself. Lost at 8 one day and lost round 5 the other 2 days. I want to go to the WFC but got a lot on my plate right then. He!! I am only 78 Big Grin

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Jim I went last weekend and surprised myself. Lost at 8 one day and lost round 5 the other 2 days. I want to go to the WFC but got a lot on my plate right then. He!! I am only 78 Big Grin

Hey Fern!,
If the weather looks good and my car stays together, I might make the trip south along with ya' Always more fun when more travel together.

Its a great time to head south. I've always wanted to go to that race.

Posts: 64 | Location: south carolina | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good time for you. School is out Big Grin

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Good time for you. School is out Big Grin

Correct! LOL. You don't miss a thing do ya buddy?

Posts: 64 | Location: south carolina | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
it was announced earlier this evening the race will be contested at Palm Beach International Raceway.

preliminary schedule

Friday 27 December : test-n-tune (roughly) 10-6, a trio (S/P, N/B, J/D) of 64 Car Shoot-Outs that evening

Saturday 28 December : 1 time run, then racing, with a pit-party that evening

Sunday 29 December : no time runs, straight to eliminations

video said fliers with more details will be printed-up by the WFC @ Bristol next month

hope I'm not stepping on your toes, Rob

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
How far is that from Cuba????? Haven't been that far South since Moroso. Still coming!

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Also, this year the racer appreciation party will be a very cool dinner with music, a new years celebration...also, prior to the shootout they will fire frisbees into the stands...each one will have a racers name on it who is in the shootout...if you get a frisbee and that racer wins, you win $1000.00 as well...very cool!...lastly, they will have additional pit parking in the go kart area so it will not be as crammed in as last year...

Lastly, since the shootouts went from 32 to 64 cars, the entry has been dropped to $150.00...the payout is still $5,000.00 to win...Saturday and Sunday will still be $10,000.00 to win for the main events...much more to come once the flyers come out...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it. Rob always runs a good race. I will run the shootout too.

Posts: 3079 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Jim Abate
posted Hide Post
delay box mounted,,slow ride,,in S/P...come get some....it's like looking out a fishbowl

Posts: 56 | Location: fort myers | Registered: January 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post