DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Deer hunters step in
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deer hunters step in
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Hows everyone's season going?

Not much around here everyone is down on harvest. I have two but normally 4 or 5 by now and at least two decent bucks. Still about 6 weeks to go,maybe.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
my boss's brother got a 18 point buck near greencastle Indiana a couple of days ago. field dressed at 275 lbs. the head on that thing is huge,he said he thinks it is a state record. I don't hunt so I'm not sure about that. good luck

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Rifle starts around here Monday. I don't hunt, but I like when my friends who do share some of the tasty vittles. I think archery was the last couple of weeks. More deer that go down, hopefully less chance I'll one when I'm driving. Had one mosy across the road when I was towing home last month, would have been ugly if he stopped.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:
my boss's brother got a 18 point buck near greencastle Indiana a couple of days ago. field dressed at 275 lbs. the head on that thing is huge,he said he thinks it is a state record. I don't hunt so I'm not sure about that. good luck

Yea those corn fed deer get big. Around here that would be a record w/o question. Not sure it will be top there but would think near top.More of what rack measures than weight or number of points.

So uncle Tim can you get me a in state hunting license? LOL Out of state is steep.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
If my season doesn't pick up we might have to buy meat this year and that means that nasty ol cow stuff and its not good for you.Plus takes money away from important stuff like a trailer and parts for car.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I am ready for rifle Monday but I don’t shoot the small ones, I am hunting for size. Meat hunting starts after Xmas.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
small one are not much for meat.Work to reward ratio not there. I hunt big does,big body buck and of coarse big rack.So just opposite of other whitetail I hunted before married.Then it was rack(MTR).looks and oh well its hole for the night. Yea wife never checks my post.LOL

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I read that there was some kind of disease that killed a bunch of deer in NC. They said it would take a couple years for the deer population to rebound. I haven't hunted since my Grandsons got into baseball 24/7, but I don't see as many deer behind my house as I did last year.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Now that you say that. Seems I did here about something killing quite a few last year or year before.

Had seven does in field last night.About 200 yrd(where I am zeroed) but had houses about 700 yards so 500 behind and figured not worth chance.