DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    What is this car worth?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is this car worth?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
1989 Firebird with Chris Alston chassis kit. 2 x 3 frame, full tube chassis everywhere else. All chromoly. Steel Roof and quarters. All else is Lexan and fiberglass. Ladder bars with Dana 60.

I think it was the first go at a double frame rail style chassis. Has diagonal tube running from passenger side of FC cage down to the lower dash bar on passenger side firewall.

Car is 2220 lbs with a small block race ready no driver.

Car was built in 1995 but sat for about a decade. Just had new struts, shocks, springs, and tires put on it. Getting ready to rewire the car with K&R stuff, and upgrade ignition to 7AL3. Car is currently a roller. Got it in a trade deal.

Just trying to figure out how much money it could be worth to determine how much to put in it.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
It'll be worth 1/2 what you spend on it, if you're lucky.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1659 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Its a good car, just an old build is all. The Dana and Ladder bar I think is what limits it price wise.

Might be worth converting it to 4 link and 9" if I decide to keep it.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'd say it depends on what has to be completed before it's "Motor and Transmission" ready. I see a lot of ad's that say roller, but in reality, they are projects.

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Like most all race cars, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If your happy with it, then spend as much as you can afford to fix whatever it needs

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
From your description and without photos maybe $5k and mostly less.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
And Ed is right. There are a ton of race cars out there for sale and no matter how proud you are of it It will never bring as much as you think its worth. There are those that really want to sell and those that want to just say they do.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Holytown, 1320 racer says it like it is. That being said if paint is nice and the car flat out works, well? With ladder bars that car will foot brake, and also trans brake. 3 different classes as in foot brake only, bottom bulb no delay box and top (super pro). Decent engine & trans let it run 6.10 to 6.30 and let it eat. Alot of money has, and still will be won with cars like that. The time slip does not know how much you have in the iron you run. Power up that thing and who knows it may win 10,20,40 grand in the next year. Good luck on what ever you decide to do.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
If you'll take 5k send me pics. If you like fishing put it out there at 20k rolling like all of the others that have popped up this past year. It's been a good year for selling over priced race cars from what I've seen just like houses.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
What will it be worth when you find out a 1995 build will not certify in 2022?

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
It depends on how much the car has won Wink

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It's not highly desired in any particular way. If it is overall solid and doesn't need a bunch of mechanical or cosmetic work, I'd honestly say $5-$7$. And there better be reasons to make the $7k number stick.
But, the markets are crazy and weird.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hot Rod who cares if it will certify as 90% of the people on here bracket race and I personally have raced from PA to FL and West as far as Miss. Not once has anyone ever asked if my car was certified. Last time I was teched was at Galot and they opened the pass door and saw the IHRA and NHRA expired stickers and shut the door and were done. That car is still at most worth $5000.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
If you are happy with it, and it works for you, its worth a lot. Smile and enjoy it ! 3rd gen f bodies are gaining in popularity again, for whatever reason. Its ok with me if they are, I have 1 now myself.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post