DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Drive through electric gate.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drive through electric gate.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted
I am building a new house (Barndominium) and will need a large gate to get my motorhome and trailer out of. I would like to have the remote type like garage door opener to open it.

What types are you all using? My search has not come up with much.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3963 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
I installed a GTO (Gates That Open, Mighty Mule) system on a 16' tubular gate and it works great. You can program your homelink buttons in your car (buttons for a garage door opener) or get fobs or a keypad to open the gate. They also have a keypad intercom system, which allows you to open the gate from your house/shop. Its battery operated and you can either run low voltage wire from an outlet in the ground or use a solar charger.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Curly... I built two 8’ gates. I sent u pics.. but that being said I need two controllers .. I can still make it a one gate slider that would be way simpler and less cost than what I have. Maybe?? The material was already here and I like to fab things so.. all ahead full..

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4468 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Curly, you know the Dems have told everyone barriers/walls don't work, don't waste your money....

Posts: 2399 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Rob, Thank you after you told me I found there is a GTO dealer close to my new house! Just did not know where to look.

Barry, Thanks for the pictures and info.

Big Steve, Do not get me started on walls! lol.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 3963 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I’ve got one of the best operators made if you PM your phone number I’ll send you some pics...

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
I’ve got one of the best operators made if you PM your phone number I’ll send you some pics...

PM sent. Thank you,

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
send me a picture also 602-284-6240. Thanks don kennedy

Don Kennedy

Posts: 395 | Location: TN | Registered: December 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Barndominium progress pics?

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeB4963:

Really have not got much done there. Right now I have a storage container out there to store stuff, cleaning up my old house to sell then things will happen quickly. (I hope)

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeB4963:

Really have not got much done there. Right now I have a storage container out there to store stuff, cleaning up my old house to sell then things will happen quickly. (I hope)

It’s work! Lots of work. Worked me into two bulged discs. 25 years of collecting parts and general stuff so get help when you need it. Hope it all goes smooth for you. Been here one year and just starting to get settled in. This week it’s flood watch, getting hammered here.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4468 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I was the lightest of my adult life when we were helping build our house and my shop. My wife was digging me, but I was too tired to chase her. LOL.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6353 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Curly, you know the Dems have told everyone barriers/walls don't work, don't waste your money....

They are correct, guns work better.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4167 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:

They are correct, guns work better.

You guys kind of touched on why I am moving. Out where I am at you probably will not be able to see my house from the road and my driveway is long and curved. Also there is no crime in the area. So you can see my gate but will not see much else from street. The view on the hill is nice and I am surrounded on three sides by 220 acres. So there will be plenty of security and privacy. That secluded spot also allows me to change the design of my house some. Originally I was thinking of 6,000 square foot shop so I could park my motorhome and trailer inside. Now I feel one that big is not needed and will have 4500 sq ft and a 20 x 100 covered car port for motorhome and trailer. The carport will protect them from elements and if I need to work on them can still put them in shop. Also using two 40 foot storage containers with a 20 foot patio in between them, one for storage and one is a paint booth.
I will be able to reload and shoot my guns when ever I want and can sit on front porch all day shooting my pellet guns.

The barndominum will be completely insulated and air conditioned and painted high gloss white. Floors will be painted a light grey. Will probably have some fans that run at night to draw heat out to help keep it cool. The exterior walls of living quarters are 10 inches thick and will be sealed and insulated. This house will take very little to heat and cool. LED lights through out.

I have big industrial shelving that will go almost up to ceiling. The bottom shelves on them will be about 7 feet high and there will be work benches under each of them with LED lighting.
There will be a ranch style porch on the house.

I am budgeting a motorhome to help with my racing now that I have a good place to keep it. Will be able to leave it hooked up and ready to go instead of having to unload everything late at night when I get home. Plus with motorhome I will not have to drive most of night to get home. Get a shower and go to bed then make breakfast and drive home in the morning.
Everything is designed for ease of use and to be really energy efficient.

You see signs around my area "No Trespassing, I have guns and a backhoe" Which is a joke but you get the picture. With the electric gate and not being able to see my house from street or driveway helps with security.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
One other thing in building the house from ground up I have the opportunity to build in some good security systems.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Run CAT 5/6 cable to every place you may want a camera. Run 18-22 four conductor to every door, window or where you would want a motion detector. Did this when I built my new house and shop and it made life very easy to put security and cameras up!

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
One other thing in building the house from ground up I have the opportunity to build in some good security systems.

I know you like Dobies as do I, first thing I would get for security

Posts: 2399 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
BigSteve, I do plan on getting a Doberman.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Love our pups!! Nothing better than dogs on patrol! We have two, Malinois and a Catahouha mix. Wife has two littles....watching for our our kids -Chihuahua’s..you cannot get within a mile and they sound off. Annoying but they are very alert.

Raceless in California!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I had Dobermans from when I was born until 1987 when I lost the last one. Tore me up when she died and have not got another since. Now that I am retiring and moving out to the country it is time to get another.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"