DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    in line water pump routing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

in line water pump routing
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
A question about in line water pump line routing, my BBC dragster has the pump outlet going to the intake manifold up top, the water pump crossover tube is returning water to one side of the radiator, the other side of radiator is returning water to the in line pump inlet. This seems backwards to me, putting the returning cool water in the top of the intake manifold. I've looked for plumbing diagrams on line with out success, can someone tell me if this car is plumbed backwards.

Posts: 138 | Location: Midlothian, Texas | Registered: October 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of fatpack
posted Hide Post
Jere Stahl had a tech column on the Stahl Headers web site a few years ago and if my memory serves me correctly, one of his articles dealt with reverse coolant flow through the engine. I don't remember the specifics but something about keeping the heads cooler instead of cooling the bottom end first. He was an interesting guy, his bio is a good read if it is still out there on the internet somewhere.

Walt

Posts: 56 | Location: Sykesville | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of scarab1999
posted Hide Post

Posts: 97 | Location: troit | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post