DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    So I heard Warren Johnson bent up a new Camaro at Indy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I heard Warren Johnson bent up a new Camaro at Indy
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Charlie Allen
posted
Heard there was a video of his epic adventure with the wall at Indy Saturday................anyone seen this yet ??

"Mourning the loss of Auto Club Dragway in Fontana"............RIP

Posts: 532 | Location: Sunny SoCal | Registered: March 07, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
saw a FX camaro hit the wall but it wasn't Warren Jonson.

Doing my part to raise the average IQ on this board

Posts: 51 | Location: badlands of New Mexico | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I heard fontana lost it's division race,any truth to that?Sorry,not trying to hijack your post.

Doing my part to raise the average IQ on this board

Posts: 51 | Location: badlands of New Mexico | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
Didn't see it, but read about it. Did a 180 on a single into the opposite wall. So they cancelled the race between him and Anderson

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That would be very disappointing about Fontana. Wonder what track would be replacing them.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1007 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I been hearing Tucson

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Make Tucson a double!!! Cool JB

Posts: 1146 | Location: Busy putting up crop circles | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I watched the video of Warren hitting the wall. It was posted on FB. Ironically it was during the burnout. Deployed the airbags!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
I watched the video of Warren hitting the wall. It was posted on FB. Ironically it was during the burnout. Deployed the airbags!

I saw it too.

I would love to hear his side of the story.

On one hand,anybody is capable of having a mishap. Doesn't matter if it is a 16 second Stocker,or a Top Fuel car.

But after watching the video,part of me thinks he said screw it,let's have some fun with this.Good thing nobody was in the other lane.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I pretty much bite my tongue about speaking out when someone crashes since I have been in the wall twice. I used to say to myself "I'll never crash" well let me tell you I learned that s**t can go sideways in a hurry!

I do think when you get completely out of shape then getting back on the throttle is a huge mistake. You have lost all data for that run and more than likely you will not win the round so if you get crossed up just lift and live to race another day!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

I thought it was the run itself?
Body it seems like when it went, it went. Whoopsie!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6394 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I pretty much bite my tongue about speaking out when someone crashes since I have been in the wall twice. I used to say to myself "I'll never crash" well let me tell you I learned that s**t can go sideways in a hurry!

I do think when you get completely out of shape then getting back on the throttle is a huge mistake. You have lost all data for that run and more than likely you will not win the round so if you get crossed up just lift and live to race another day!

Nope, it was the burnout. He was trying to do a half-track (or more) just for the hell of it and something went awry. NHRA had it on their facebook feed with Reinhart announcing.

Posts: 118 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
WJ needs to put KC behind the wheel

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
It was not on the burnout. It's amazing how people "misremember" things. LOL There's video of the run on Facebook. He staged the car, the tree fired, it fried the tires, and he decided to try to leg it out.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5731 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Yep he spun the tires on the run and continued to keep his foot in it smoking them well past 300ft. The car came around on him about the time he lifted. At first i thought he was going to get lucky when it spun around 180 but as soon as it crossed the center line it picked up speed. The right front caught the left guard wall and instantly deployed the side curtain air bag. Then the right rear slammed into the wall. The best part that you may not of heard is as he was sitting there OnStar calls him to see if he needed assistance.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
The best part that you may not of heard is as he was sitting there OnStar calls him to see if he needed assistance.

Moe,
Thanks for the description...that's hilarious about OnStar calling him. Not sure I would want to be on the other end of that call...lol

Joe

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
At first i thought he was pulling a 1960's fuel car with a flagman. "Burn Out that Quarter Mile"

Expensive little stunt
WJ. Well i had a wreck.
INS Co. Where?
WJ The Drag strip.
INS Co lol.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
It was not on the burnout. It's amazing how people "misremember" things. LOL There's video of the run on Facebook. He staged the car, the tree fired, it fried the tires, and he decided to try to leg it out.

That may be why I can't find the video on NHRA's facebook page now...I know for a fact that they had posted it and said it happened while he was trying to do a full track burnout. Maybe just clunky writing.

Posts: 118 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
I heard the throttle stuck

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Fly by wire isn't it?. Man that TPS took a holiday.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post