DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Numidia Dirctions and Hotel suggestions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Numidia Dirctions and Hotel suggestions
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I am going to Numidia this weekend for the first time. Can anyone suggest the best route from Englishtown? Also where are the best locations for hotels?

Posts: 61 | Location: Long Island | Registered: February 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Tony the best route is Route 80 west.

From the Etown area I would go up Rt.18 north to River road north past Rutgers stadium to 287 north to 206 North to 80 West.....same way I always went to Etown and I am not far from 206

If you have a better way to get to Rt80 take it....

80 west to the Buckhorn exit toward the town of Catawissa.

Thru the town and up to the track on I think its 42...

Motels/Hotels I don't now about since I have my MH....should be places back near 80 or on Rt 11 in Bloomsburg..

An easy ride without traffic for me......very hilly near the track and some good hills on 80......No problem for your pickup and a trailer....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Tony definitely take Rt 80. We stayed at the Hampton Inn just off 80, nice place I would stay there again.

Posts: 170 | Location: nj | Registered: February 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
We have always stayed at the Patriot Inn, 6305 Columbia Blvd. Bloomsburg. Basic, inexpensive & a breakfast restaurant right next door. There are hotels/motels @ the Buckhorn exit but more $$.

Posts: 28 | Location: NJ, USA | Registered: September 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Tony - I live 11 miles from Raceway Park - I go I-95S > I-276W > I-80W to exit 232.
This is one of those trips where the GPS will screw you - ignore it when it tells you exit 242 and continue to 232 on 80 - its only a few miles longer but you avoid some serious hills. Personally, whenever I go to an unfamiliar track, I go to Google maps on a PC (not a phone) as it will let you drag the route to the one you prefer to take and print it out that way. If it works out, I save it in a folder in the motorhome.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 627 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
What Billy said is true....

Go to the Buckhorn Exit #232..

Its a little longer but way easier on your truck...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
im going for the first time as well from Niagara falls...all I keep hearing is about these hills

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
Mike they're more like mountains than hills. Wink Had to sell my gas motorhome and get a diesel because Ricky is sick of dragging my Azz to every race that has a hills. Coming south you might be OK,you can ask Vince.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Just ask Ziggy1357 - he pulled into the track last year with white knuckles and glowing red brake rotors... Right Frank??

Posts: 627 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thank you every one. I guess my diesel duallie is going to earn it's money this weekend.

Posts: 61 | Location: Long Island | Registered: February 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Back in 2013 I went there for a weekend bracket event. Drove out Friday afternoon and met a racing buddy there...It was 4th of July weekend

I had my Lance Camper on my Duramax pickup with my trailer out back and took the first exit that goes down Rt 11 and drops down into Catawissa from the east.

That hill is VERY steep going down into town. Don't go that way !

My truck went right up it on the way home no problem at all though. There are other hills and they all are pretty steep but not as bad as that one.
If you go to exit 232 you avoid that real steep hill and come into Catawissa from a different direction. Much easier...

On Rt 80 there is a 5 mile long hill before Pocono raceway.....I don't recall if that's before or after the Pa. Tpk that you will be hitting 80 from. Most eastern Pa. racers go that way....

The drive is about 2-1/2 hours for me from my house.

That 2013 race, it took me 5 hours to get home from Rt 11 in Bloomsburg...….

All because of traffic.....

Rt 80 is 2 lanes and throw in Pocono Raceway and the normal weekend travelers from NY and NJ and you get gridlock at some highway merge bottlenecks...…

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
Just ask Ziggy1357 - he pulled into the track last year with white knuckles and glowing red brake rotors... Right Frank??

Worst tow ever, that was with a duramax dually in tow mode with a light trailer. Stick to the Rt 80 route.

Posts: 170 | Location: nj | Registered: February 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
mine is saying go us15/I80 to pa 42s exit 232...then get on 42s in bloomsburg?

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
mine is saying go us15/I80 to pa 42s exit 232...then get on 42s in bloomsburg?

I've never come from that way but that sounds correct...