DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    American Doorslammer Nat'ls presented by McCarty 10K-20K-10K Nov. 16-18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Doorslammer Nat'ls presented by McCarty 10K-20K-10K Nov. 16-18
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted
A quick look back at just the last few years of the American Doorslammer Nationals presented by McCarty Auto Parts: This is what teamwork looks like! Due to your ever-growing support, we've raised the purse several times over the years. For 2018, we've made the 5K-20K-5K into a 10K-20K-10K for THE SAME $380/Weekend Entry! We're on-pace to pay out about $30,000 more than our inaugural American Doorslammer Nationals in 2012.

YOU made it happen. Thank you!

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5731 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post

__

Posts: 5731 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post

Jeff Krushinskie is a 2-Time Summit FAT $5K Warmup winner (with two different cars!) at the American Doorslammer Nationals presented by McCarty Auto Parts. He'll never win the $5K on Friday again ...why? Because now it's $10K!

__

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
On my trying to get in done list....hope to see you there buddy.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post

Check out Loose Rocker's 7th Annual American Doorslammer Nationals presented by McCarty Auto Parts event t-shirts! We're just over four weeks away from this huge 10K-20K-10K doorcar celebration, November 16-18 at Piedmont Dragway! Thanks to ASI for yet another great design, featuring last year's champions!

We'll have a selection of t-shirts available at the event, but if you want specific sizes, colors, special types of apparel like sweatshirts or hoodies, or bulk orders, please text your needs to Anthony Walton at 910-382-6723.

__

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post

Less than two weeks away... Loose Rocker Eagle trophies, Big Checks, and good times for door cars and left-steer roadsters only! Come getcha some!

__

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post

IT'S RACE WEEK for the 7th Annual American Doorslammer Nationals presented by McCarty Auto Parts! Join us at Piedmont Dragway in Julian, NC November 16-18 for a HUGE 10K-20K-10K for only $380/Weekend Entry. It's Top E.T./Super Pro doorcar on doorcar action all weekend long (with a couple of left-hand steer roadsters sprinkled in). We look forward to seeing everyone there! Who will be the next $20,000 Champion and earn the coveted Loose Rocker Eagle trophy?

__

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
An awesome race!

So cool to see nothing but door cars.

Posts: 64 | Location: south carolina | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Friday's Summit $10K Warmup at the American Doorslammer Nationals got down to 11 cars Friday night. After the last completed round of competition, track officials did not see the desired numbers from the track drag. Friday's eliminations will be completed tomorrow. The 11 remaining are Jarred Kolne (bye), Ernie Humes, Scotty Richardson, Justin Vickers, Steve Sisko, Shawn Carpenter, TG Paschal, Jeff Bowman, Bill Prest Jr, Tesz Powell, and Bobby Love.

SATURDAY SCHEDULE
10:30 AM NEW Entry Time Run Only (Must be new driver in a new car)
SAT $20K Rnd 1 Eliminations to follow
FRI $10K Eliminations will resume after SAT Rnd 1, and run to completion

Thank you racers for a great turnout 245 entries on a cold and challenging Friday. We're looking forward to a much warmer Saturday and Sunday!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Michael Beard,

__

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
It was a remarkable day of racing at the 7th Annual American Doorslammer Nationals presented by McCarty Auto Parts at Piedmont Dragway, with competition that just seemed to get more brutal as the rounds progressed.

We finished off Friday's Summit $10K Warmup with Justin 'Skirt' Vickers becoming a 2-time American Doorslammer Nationals champion on the strength of a holeshot over 3-Time Loose Rocker champ Shawn Carpenter. Ernie Humes was the lone semifinalist.

In Saturday's ATI $20K Main Event, Chris Bear emerged victorious over a field of 271 entries, stopping Lou Greco by just .003, just one example of the extraordinarily tight racing we saw throughout the late rounds. Former ADN champ Ray Holmes was the lone semifinalist.

SUNDAY SCHEDULE
No engines fired before 12 Noon
9:30AM Racer Appreciation Breakfast at the 330' Cafe
11AM GodSpeed Ministries church service
12:15 New Entry TT
RND 1 Eliminations to follow

__

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Jeff Krushinskie solidified his rightful place among the elite, scoring his third American Doorslammer Nationals presented by McCarty Auto Parts title with his latest Sunday Abruzzi $10K Finale win. Krushinskie stopped Tommy Plott in the semis, and the pushed out Chris Mancini in the finals to earn the Loose Rocker Eagle trophy and the Big Check. Mancini was arguably the MVP of the weekend with his runner-up, couple with being doubled up deep on Saturday.

Loose Rocker would like to extend a special thank you to the many racers who braved terrible travel weather on Thursday to be part of this amazing event, and to Kevin, Leon, and the whole Piedmont Dragway staff for an impressive transmission fluid incident cleanup in the already cold conditions that afterwards yielded dead-on runs right out of the gate!

__

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Running these events are hard work/NO doubt. But having GOOD INTEGRITY has a lot to do with it too,thus the reasoning it keeps growing. way too go Mike and many others for running good races. clapping

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
Loose Rocker would like to extend a special thank you to the many racers who braved terrible travel weather on Thursday to be part of this amazing event

That sums up why I was still loaded and parked watching my 850 mile travel day turn into that rain/sleet/snow mess. Wish I would have been wise enough to leave on Wednesday and beat the weather….. I’m still learning.

I watched much of the event on Motor Mania and it was everything you wrote about. I can see why you like holding your events at Piedmont. They work as hard as you do to run a Great safe event no matter the circumstances.

Hope next weekends weather is better for your last event of 2018. I’ll be watching.

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That's right. Eat your dinner Thursday, remove all the electronics, buttons, etc, and head on to Loose Rockers Thanksgiving tradition Foot Brake race at Piedmont. You won't be sorry. Good job Anthony and Ducky

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I thought the Sat.nite final between Lou Greco and Chris Bear was the race of the weekend, I watched that race over and over, could not get enough. Justin should put on a finish line driving class!!!!

Posts: 9 | Location: Massillon, Ohio  | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Loose Rocker would like to extend a special thank you to the many racers who braved terrible travel weather on Thursday to be part of this amazing event

That sums up why I was still loaded and parked watching my 850 mile travel day turn into that rain/sleet/snow mess. Wish I would have been wise enough to leave on Wednesday and beat the weather….. I’m still learning.

I watched much of the event on Motor Mania and it was everything you wrote about. I can see why you like holding your events at Piedmont. They work as hard as you do to run a Great safe event no matter the circumstances.

Hope next weekends weather is better for your last event of 2018. I’ll be watching.

We're really looking forward to our new Super Doorcar Challenge event at Piedmont in the spring, May 17-19. It's the American Doorslammer Nationals without the cold weather! Wink

Ron Barnhill's 4.95-sec Mustang is gorgeous, fast, consistent, and immaculately put together, earning him the Gibbs Race Cars Best Engineered Car Award. Thanks to Donnie Gibbs Jr​ for presenting the award! Find Gibbs Race Cars in Mooresville, NC, and online at www.gibbsracecars.com for everything from speed shop performance parts to award winning and championship winning chassis construction!

Boyd Sauls' wheelstanding Nova is beautiful both inside and out, taking the California Car Cover Best Appearing Car award. (My terrible cell phone pic does this car a major disservice! I'll try to post the official photographer's shot later!)

__

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:

I was watching the weather but unfortunately with having to bring my foster dog with me I decided not to chance it. I won't put her at risk for my racing. Glad to hear the turnout was great and that everyone from up north made it down. Congrats to all the winners!!

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
7th Annual American Doorslammer Nationals presented by McCarty Auto Parts

FRIDAY SUMMIT $10K WARMUP
Win - Justin 'Skirt' Vickers
R/U - Shawn Carpenter
Semis - Ernie Humes

SATURDAY ATI $20K MAIN EVENT
WIN - Chris Bear
R/U - Lou Greco
Semis - Ray Holmes

SUNDAY ABRUZZI $10K FINALE
WIN - Jeff Krushinskie
R/U - Chris Mancini
Semis - Tommy Plott

Round-by-Round Results:
http://www.dragstory.com/forum/index.php?board=369.0

MMTV presented by Summit Racing Equipment playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playli...J1S-6XwtinAa4VgusmkH

__

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post

GIBBS RACE CARS
BEST ENGINEERED CAR
Ron Barnhill

CALIFORNIA CAR COVER
BEST APPEARING CAR
Boyd Sauls

__