DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    What’s it cost to build Pole barn shops
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s it cost to build Pole barn shops
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I’m looking to build a 40 x 60 pole barn. Can’t find general pricing anywhere. I’m just looking to do basic structure electrical and concrete for now. Has anyone done this recently? Pretty much moving about 35 minutes north of GALOT. Trying to see if I can afford to do this in 2021.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
I had one built by Morton Buildings back in 2017. It is 30x50 with a 12x50 "porch" on one side so I could park my trailer under it.
16' eve heights, 1' overhang
14'x20' insulated garage door
Fully Insulated
One walk door
Wired with with lights inside and outside
50 amp RV outlets
concrete
grading

It was ~$55k turn key. They stay backed up, but once they get to you, they get to work. THe crew that did mine showed up at daylight each morning and got to work... no drinking coffee, no looking at phones, etc. It was ready for concrete, doors, and electrical in 5 days (grading was done a few weeks before). The initial build plan was $35k, but I made several change orders before they made the material. Added the porch (lean to), electrical, and concrete. I was going to sub the electrical and concrete out myself but was working in Asia so much just decided to do it turn key.

Duke Power ran the line from a nearby transformer underground and installed the meter base for free.

Edit to add. Morton will build in your area.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hello
I'm having a 48 x 60 done now, 15'8 ceiling, 10 windows, 2 exit doors, 14 x 20 door with opener.
Insulation, 5/8 plywood walls and metal ceiling, 20 x 48 front apron. Basic electric, $88K. does not include heat or A/C.
Just waiting on permits now. Which I had to get.
Corcheran Pole Barns out of PA.
Cal 1177 SST

Posts: 46 | Location: Southern MD | Registered: November 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Look up Rapid Installations LLC on Facebook. I believe his name is David Williams. He does great work, I looked at some of his buildings and spoke with his customers, everything was very positive. I just decided to go with a tube frame building instead. I believe his price was around $18 a Sq ft, that was last year when I was talking with him. He was about 15-20% cheaper than Morton, but Morton is one of the best out there.

Posts: 108 | Location: north carolina | Registered: July 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Guess I better start saving some cash

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Just had a 24 X 32 garage built complete minus inside paint, electric and lights $32,000.00

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
If I'm not to confused I think Morton does metal buildings.
I had a pole barn built 12 years ago (wood with metal outside 6x6 poles with 2x8 purlins and 40" free span trusses)one personal door, no roll up doors as I installed them, no concrete or electrical. Just the building and nothing else. It cost me 13,500.00 installed.
I had a separate contractor do the concrete and I did the electrical.
Company out of OK called Rob-Bilt. Took a crew of six 2 1/2 days.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
You could always buy my place here in florida....it comes with a fully insulated and air conditioned 2000 sqft shop.........

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post