DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Watch those parachutes when turning onto the return road!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watch those parachutes when turning onto the return road!
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
Especially on a pro stock car. Smile

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6380 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I didn't see any video of the incident, only going but what I read. Caruso said she was told to stop by the Safety Safari?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
There was a very strong cross tail wind blowing all weekend, it was bound to happen. There is a flagger down there directing traffic onto to the turn off. Looks like Caruso was told to stop and Erica passed her and the wind blew the chutes into her car.

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm laying this one on Erica, who I do have some respect for. It's windy and everyone knew it. Go hauling a22 around cars with air in the chutes and you are putting cars and people at risk. When in doubt, stop. NHRA pushes half the pro cars off the track normally. Erica's interview could wait a few minutes. What's worse is that she appeared to pass the blame to the other driver. Bad job Erica. She basically hit and damaged a parked car. A little patience would have gone a long way toward preventing this.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6380 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
rumour has it erica went off on caruso up at the top end...had her crying.I think enders sees caruso as a threat

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I thought this was more newsworthy than the parachute incident.

https://thecapitalsportsreport...ock-intake-manifold/

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:

the two major engine programs probably got this nixed. whoever is doing her engines are the threat to chinders and elite not cammrie courusos. she cant turn loose most of the time.

ep

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
rumour has it erica went off on caruso up at the top end...had her crying.I think enders sees caruso as a threat

The hen pecking order is up in the air. The old hen not happy. LOL.
Erica simply looked completely full of herself telling the newb what's what. Arrogance. I'm disappointed in her response. People make mistakes and sometimes respond inappropriately. But this one kind of speaks to her character IMO. A driver as seasons as she appears to be claiming should know better when it comes to the chutes. Coruso seemed to respond as professionally as possible considering the emotions.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I did not see where Erica blamed it on anyone or went off on Curuso.

It did appear that NHRA stopped her there and the wind caught the chute. If I was to have to put blame on someone I would say who made Caruso stop there.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3992 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:

Then Mr. Caruso, instead of taking it up with the NHRA, takes it to facebook like any 12-yr-old girl would do.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
quote:

Then Mr. Caruso, instead of taking it up with the NHRA, takes it to facebook like any 12-yr-old girl would do.

NHRA isn't going to do anything with darling EE. It's clear that EE isn't taking responsibility. So, why not? Folks can speak their mind on Facebook right? Or does Elon need to buy it too?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
As far as the Intake goes, from the story I read it was originally designed by Grey motorsports, they ran it then sold it to Elite when Grey closed up shop. Elite then ran the manifold and sold it to Titan who purchased all of Grey Motorsports engines and engine shop. Caruso is running it but all of a sudden its illegal but ok to continue to run it until June 1 which does not make any sense if it is not legal. Sounds like someone with enough money and influence isn't happy about how well the Caruso car is running biatched to NHRA about the manifold...

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Right

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
As far as the Intake goes, from the story I read it was originally designed by Grey motorsports, they ran it then sold it to Elite when Grey closed up shop. Elite then ran the manifold and sold it to Titan who purchased all of Grey Motorsports engines and engine shop. Caruso is running it but all of a sudden its illegal but ok to continue to run it until June 1 which does not make any sense if it is not legal. Sounds like someone with enough money and influence isn't happy about how well the Caruso car is running biatched to NHRA about the manifold...

Sounds reasonable.

That said, I am simpleton, I guess - what does the rule book say about intake manifolds? I mean it either is or is not legal, correct? Surely the intake being deemed illegal is based on falling outside of some clearly specified parameters? Or is this like NASCAR where they just deem illegal anything they want, without explanation?

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:

This is correct. My guess is that Titan modified it.

The thing is if you look at the MPH the Caruso's are running it is not quite up to what the Elite cars are running and that tells me that they're not quite making the power but are getting ET early. I would say credit that to Jim Yates the Caruso's crew chief.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I like it! The class is all about innovation and it never stops. To come out and go 1 got some attention. Not worthy
I hope they stir the pot some more.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4481 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
I like it! The class is all about innovation and it never stops. To come out and go 1 got some attention. Not worthy
I hope they stir the pot some more.

Me too. What is the process for approval? Submit, and if it performs well, they reject it?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I saw Kyle Riley's facebook page said something about Caruso teaming up with SFG.

Anyone know what that means? It would be great for the bracket scene to have an SFG logo on a pro stock car, as long as its visible on TV.

But I can't imagine he'd pay the money it would take to get a logo that big on a Pro Stock Car.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
They pretty much have a spec on every part now so I’m guessing it was inside the manifold. You can be sure they ruffled feathers…. Lmao! This was nothing new and there’s tons we don’t hear about.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4481 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
An explanation of the manifold issue

https://www.competitionplus.co...engines-intake-issue